As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Castle Bravo, a [chat]

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    sup bros
    when are you moving into your house? also, where is it?

Closed yesterday, moving Friday.

It is in the burbs. You go north on 59 and then east on the beltway until it turns south

we still have a Houston address though!

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited April 2014
    So there is an otherkin living in my neighborhood.

Walking home from grocery store yesterday, fairly good looking guy, cares about grooming (had a good haircut, clean shaven) then I saw the fox ears. And the long jacket which was covering the fursuit... and the tail poking out from the back from the split in the jacket...

I am not picking on the guy per se, but I still find the shit hilarious and sad at the same time whenever I see it.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    E-cigarettes just got banished to the outside smoking areas in my office.

3260330504.gif inbound.

Noone in the office wants a visual reminder that they are all choking on each others reused breath. It's gross.

If you want to make a stand, argue that people with inhalers should have to do the same thing. It's the kind of dumb half arguement that HR isnt going to be smart enough to defend against.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    So there is an otherkin living in my neighborhood.

Walking home from grocery store yesterday, fairly good looking guy, cares about grooming (had a good haircut, clean shaven) then I saw the fox ears. And the long jacket which was covering the fursuit... and the tail poking out from the back from the split in the jacket...

I am not picking on the guy per se, but I still find the shit hilarious and sad at the same time whenever I see it.

workaholics-bear-coat.jpg

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Hmm power just went out in the business school. It's a bit dark to take a test in here.

Pull out a flashlight and offer to sell its light for five minutes at a time to the highest bidder

The teacher will be so impressed that you've learned the fundamental lesson of business and you'll get an A+.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    It's hard to say if someone is particularly British, unless you're using it as a synonym for English (no one uses it as a synonym for Welsh, Scottish or Norn Ironish). I think of myself as English, certainly, and British some way after that.

Is it difficult being the living face of her majesty's oppression?

No, it's brilliant.

mr1lKbyl.png

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I'm neutral on e-cigs. I just know they're somewhat popular round here, hence my prediction of disgruntlement.

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

I told my parents there is no phone in the office to contact me at while at work. They know I work in a call center.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular

This must be a late-period millennial thing. I was born in 1986 and have never heard of this, ever. Fuckin' 90s kids.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    "HAHAHA WE SWITCHED EVERYONES COMPUTER TOWERS AROUND APRIL FOOOOOOOLLS

ok now put them back to their original spots and get back to work"

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    I am intrigued by their very science approach.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I check my video server by VPN. Only boring shit is in there. I become annoyed, hit up an episode guide.
    Rick and Morty
    Episode: S01E10
    Title: "Close Rick-counters of the Rick Kind"
    Air Date: April 7, 2014

*burns down hotel*

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    a5ehren wrote: »

This must be a late-period millennial thing. I was born in 1986 and have never heard of this, ever. Fuckin' 90s kids.

I've heard of it as a fable, or old wives tale. Not even remotely as "everyone has had this happen once". The article says anyone after 81 is a mellinial, which be born shortly after that, didn't consider myself as one.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Who the fuck even does this, really? Is this a thing?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I check my video server by VPN. Only boring shit is in there. I become annoyed, hit up an episode guide.
    Rick and Morty

*burns down hotel*

have you considered travelling to the future instead of china

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    sup

• Options
    sup

sky

• Options
    Haha someone at work is giving the big boss an attitude.

Let's see how it plays out.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    419px-William_Notman_studios_-_Sitting_Bull_and_Buffalo_Bill_%281895%29_edit.jpg

Damn otherkin.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014

I heard of it actually happening in real life ONCE. If someone asked me to talk to their parents in their interview, I would correct their misunderstanding and let them know we are looking to fill a Big Boy/Big Girl job.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    PLA wrote: »
    419px-William_Notman_studios_-_Sitting_Bull_and_Buffalo_Bill_%281895%29_edit.jpg

Damn otherkin.

this might be the most offensive thing posted in chat ever

Vanguard on
  • Options
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Rick and Morty

*burns down hotel*

Well, DK is traveling into the future

Just not very quickly

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

Damn otherkin.

See, I could talk about what those garments meant, and how unbelievably insulting it would be to compare that to a fursuit, but naaaah.

butts.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

Damn otherkin.

this might be the most offensive thing poted in chat ever

hold on lemme work on this

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    i didn't read the article but as deebaser says the obvious thing for the employer to do is ask the parent to leave?

sig.gif
  • Options
    desc wrote: »
    Rick and Morty

*burns down hotel*

Well, DK is traveling into the future

Just not very quickly

fair enough

he just picked the wrong vehicle i guess

delorean ftw

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Does someone need a couch for PAX for like, one night or the entire weekend?

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    E-cigarettes just got banished to the outside smoking areas in my office.

3260330504.gif inbound.

Noone in the office wants a visual reminder that they are all choking on each others reused breath. It's gross.

If you want to make a stand, argue that people with inhalers should have to do the same thing. It's the kind of dumb half arguement that HR isnt going to be smart enough to defend against.

Most places are treating e-cigs the same as normal cigarettes. NYC, LA and Boston have banned them in the workplace I know

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

Damn otherkin.

See, I could talk about what those garments meant, and how unbelievably insulting it would be to compare that to a fursuit, but naaaah.

butts.

You can't tell these nerds anything.

butts.

• Options
    i didn't read the article but as deebaser says the obvious thing for the employer to do is ask the parent to leave?

Forbes is saying that companies who "let the parents in" because the kids are so totes reliant on them have the best chance of scoring the brightest, newest talent.

It's fucking pants-on-head crazytown over at Forbes.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Oh god the D&D assignments are up.

• Options

I've heard of it as a fable, or old wives tale. Not even remotely as "everyone has had this happen once". The article says anyone after 81 is a mellinial, which be born shortly after that, didn't consider myself as one.

I always feel like each generation as conceived in pop culture is too long and encompasses many different mini-eras.

Did kids who grew up watching scratched Jurassic Park DVDs have the same millennial experience as kids who were downloading entire seasons of cartoons on their parents' massive bandwidth connections?

• Options
    I need to read up on how to play Shadowrun. *Stage Fright*

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

i mean, i guess it's a perverse extension of the "parents who do their children's homework" thing, so it makes sense i guess?

in any case i dont see how someone who shows up to an interview with their parent, or relies on their parent to negotiate a salary, or etc, is in any way employable

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular

Forbes is saying that companies who "let the parents in" because the kids are so totes reliant on them have the best chance of scoring the brightest, newest talent.

It's fucking pants-on-head crazytown over at Forbes.

yeah if my company wanted to do that they would have to find another interviewer i think

sig.gif
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    @Cinders‌

Power back on for you?

Looks like it was city-wide - they lost power over by wal-mart.

The batteries on everything kept the network infrastructure mostly up, and no servers went down. My coworkers are currently cleaning up all the warnings we got about the non-essential equipment that turned off.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    I need to read up on how to play Shadowrun. *Stage Fright*

step 1: acquire mirrorshades
    step 2: put on mirrorshades
    step 3: run some shadows

This discussion has been closed.