As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Castle Bravo, a [chat]

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Ultra Rapid Fire mode is the fucking TRUTH

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    simonwolf wrote: »
    also to all of my new players in this roleplaying thing:

I have decided that we won't be playing Ryuutama

please check your inboxes as I have sent you a primer on how to roll your FATAL characters

it's a scant 200 pages, should be no problem

keep me posted on everyone's anal circumference

rRwz9.gif
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    It's hilarious to me that millennials are also called "echo boomers"

As a final parting gift the boomers stamped their own name onto the last generation of the 20th century

That must drive you guys crazy

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Is April 1st usually this lame? I'm getting the saddest excuses for jokes in my mailbox.
    My results:
    2 cousins updated their relationship status, someone is moving to Spain, one of my college professors is 6 months pregnant, one friend from PA acts like she loves pink and one co-worker got a new job.

Hey guys remember when Socrates was all "writing is the worst possible thing"

Exhibit A: the [chat] thread

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    desc wrote: »

As a final parting gift the boomers stamped their own name onto the last generation of the 20th century

they can fucking lick my taint

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    also to all of my new players in this roleplaying thing:

I have decided that we won't be playing Ryuutama

please check your inboxes as I have sent you a primer on how to roll your FATAL characters

it's a scant 200 pages, should be no problem

roll for anal circumference

It's got a vaginal depth chart too, right?

yep

if there is one thing I love about FATAL - and I admit that it is hard to pick just one thing - it is just how balls-out insane the chargen is

even the table at the back of 3000 random magical effects (including "2 gay ogres appear within 3d10 feet and begin butt-plugging as if tomorrow will not exist" and "whenever the target next takes a dump, it will be 3d100 feet long, though normal in girth") cannot compare to the chargen

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    IKEA food is surprisingly not bad. And the names delight me as does anything Swedish.

Schpoopel!!

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    By the way, guys, for the record

HOLY JEEZ this was an education in how people basically do not read instructions or OPs at all

Like I love most of you and I have special mommy-and-daddy hug love for Gooey but some doods were not really giving me the infos I needed and I had to infer a lot of things. Like when someone goes "EST. I work on Saturdays" I had to just kind of assume that he meant he was only free Sundays. And then there were dudes who listed a bunch of games that weren't in the OP and not a single one that was. Those people may be disappointed and I feel kind of bad but also like...sorry bro

rRwz9.gif
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    homestarrunner.com updated today.

That's pretty epic, to be fair.

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    There's a good link on my Facebook feed about putting the clock forward on Avebury stone circle, but that's the only one worth mentioning.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

Not a millennial

Hate the generations above and below me anyway

So no

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

HOLY JEEZ this was an education in how people basically do not read instructions or OPs at all

Like I love most of you and I have special mommy-and-daddy hug love for Gooey but some doods were not really giving me the infos I needed and I had to infer a lot of things. Like when someone goes "EST. I work on Saturdays" I had to just kind of assume that he meant he was only free Sundays. And then there were dudes who listed a bunch of games that weren't in the OP and not a single one that was. Those people may be disappointed and I feel kind of bad but also like...sorry bro

yeah i did contests in the LoL thread and the only thing you had to do was @ me

and I'd explain how to do so twice

and people still refused to do it properly

edited April 2014
    syndalis wrote: »
    So there is an otherkin living in my neighborhood.

Walking home from grocery store yesterday, fairly good looking guy, cares about grooming (had a good haircut, clean shaven) then I saw the fox ears. And the long jacket which was covering the fursuit... and the tail poking out from the back from the split in the jacket...

I am not picking on the guy per se, but I still find the shit hilarious and sad at the same time whenever I see it.

Not to go too tumblr here but "otherkin" implies that they think they are the creature in question mentally/spiritually/whatever, but in the absence of knowing that about him "fursuiter" is the most accurate word.

I can't say I find someone wearing that on the street all that sad. I knew a guy once who wore one to a job interview at an anime shop. That was sad.

"Go Tumblr" .... I use that site to post pretty art, maps and flags, I don't even see all the feminism and fanboyism stuff that is - apparently - what Tumblr consists of entirely. =/

Aldo on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    that cow?

Lena Dunham.

Now you know.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

yeah totally my fault

i read op saw bw/torchbearer so i assumed i was in to run

This is a good t-shirt: http://m.imgur.com/gallery/uUJ0oQJ

This is a good t-shirt: http://m.imgur.com/gallery/uUJ0oQJ

the comments are better

• InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »

Walking home from grocery store yesterday, fairly good looking guy, cares about grooming (had a good haircut, clean shaven) then I saw the fox ears. And the long jacket which was covering the fursuit... and the tail poking out from the back from the split in the jacket...

I am not picking on the guy per se, but I still find the shit hilarious and sad at the same time whenever I see it.

Not to go too tumblr here but "otherkin" implies that they think they are the creature in question mentally/spiritually/whatever, but in the absence of knowing that about him "fursuiter" is the most accurate word.

I can't say I find someone wearing that on the street all that sad. I knew a guy once who wore one to a job interview at an anime shop. That was sad.

"Go Tumblr" .... [url=http://www.tumblr.com/blog/helloiamaldoI use[/url] that site to post pretty art, maps and flags, I don't even see all the feminism and fanboyism stuff that is - apparently - what Tumblr consists of entirely. =/

I didn't have a better way to phrase it, yeah there's tons of stuff on tumblr but I was just aware that there are apparently tumblr communities for otherkin and people on the site are sometimes sticklers for minutia of phrasing and word usage.

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

Yeah, sorry, I should have mentioned and end time for my availability.

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Sometimes I like to scroll to a random page in the FATAL rulebook

and just take it all in

breathe deeply

and remember that no matter how terrible I think I am

at least I didn't write that

And I should have maybe noticed that I was supposed to pm to sign up

Everyone who plays LoL needs to try out that mode, that is too much fun

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

It's already my plan to do that all night tonight.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    So the ICD10 changes passed both the house and the senate.

Now it's in front of Obama.

If he signs this it's totally going to be an Obummer of a time for lots of doctors.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    Delmain wrote: »

It's already my plan to do that all night tonight.

Twitch + 2.5 attack speed + Ult + Runnan Hurricane is just hilarity to a group of enemy champions.

wassss this close to a pentakill.

Aldo wrote: »

"Go Tumblr" .... I use that site to post pretty art, maps and flags, I don't even see all the feminism and fanboyism stuff that is - apparently - what Tumblr consists of entirely. =/

I didn't have a better way to phrase it, yeah there's tons of stuff on tumblr but I was just aware that there are apparently tumblr communities for otherkin and people on the site are sometimes sticklers for minutia of phrasing and word usage.
    I mean, everyone knows exactly what you meant, so I can't blame you. It's just kinda frustrating that the blogging site I use to share 17th century art and proposals for Spanish-language flags is best known for having crazy intense echo chambers for a bunch of gender-related super-specific niches.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I love ... you ... e ... d ... d ... y

hqdefault.jpg

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

Man that's mind blowing.

Some one wanting to work at an anime shop.

obligatory @Irond Will

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    I have special mommy-and-daddy hug love for Gooey

8->

919UOwT.png

yeah i did contests in the LoL thread and the only thing you had to do was @ me

and I'd explain how to do so twice

and people still refused to do it properly

amazing

rRwz9.gif
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    i have never played nwod so this will be fun!

919UOwT.png
    So Dutch metal band Heidevolk did an April Fools that was pretty funny. They were going to change their name to Heatherfolk and translate their albums to English.

Also, perfect excuse to post some Batavian metal.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WReRUdTF2tA

one day i will run my game or burning wheel for the forums

and now

now

we will slay the ultimate sorcerer

@Jacobkosh‌

NwpzNb3.jpg

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    sup bros
    when are you moving into your house? also, where is it?

Closed yesterday, moving Friday.

It is in the burbs. You go north on 59 and then east on the beltway until it turns south

we still have a Houston address though!
    close-ish to my brother, I think. he's in Humble. we'll probably move in two weeks. still need to get all of the furniture put together and then we'll be ready i think. will have a gate installed in a few weeks but that won't hold up the move, i don't think.

@mazzyx Just to let you know I am playing a chaotic neutral Kender Thief named Brindy Boatrocker
    hth

no ludious

his name is lusty buckles

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

JACOB I TOLD YOU MY LITTLE PONY FRIENDSHIP IS ROLEPLAY AND YOU ASSIGNED ME NWOD

This discussion has been closed.