As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Castle Bravo, a [chat]

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    NwpzNb3.jpg

Yeah the "hey these are my children's approximate ages, genders and names!" stickers have always seemed dumb. My kid is an honor student can be justified by making your kid feel proud of doing well in school. A parking pass is often necessary. But there's no reason to give out your exact family situation and especially when it can be used in a way to prey on your children.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    ...cat donuts?

@Dread Pirate Arbuthnot

BkI_qabCcAEprkh.jpg:large

BkBi0h3CQAA00f1.jpg

bloodyroarxx on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    i have never played nwod so this will be fun!

my character is going to steal your character's loot

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    no ludious

his name is lusty buckles

YOU ARE NOT MY GM NOR ARE YOU MY REAL DAD AND HIS NAME IS BRINDY BOATROCKER

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    no ludious

his name is toby

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    By the way, guys, for the record

HOLY JEEZ this was an education in how people basically do not read instructions or OPs at all

Like I love most of you and I have special mommy-and-daddy hug love for Gooey but some doods were not really giving me the infos I needed and I had to infer a lot of things. Like when someone goes "EST. I work on Saturdays" I had to just kind of assume that he meant he was only free Sundays. And then there were dudes who listed a bunch of games that weren't in the OP and not a single one that was. Those people may be disappointed and I feel kind of bad but also like...sorry bro

JACOB I TOLD YOU MY LITTLE PONY FRIENDSHIP IS ROLEPLAY AND YOU ASSIGNED ME NWOD

Ponies: The Befriending?

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Desc, what is this "you"

Millenials are anyone born post 1980

are

are you an old

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Guys, when does the signup for Jacob's games go up?

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Desc, what is this "you"

are

are you an old

desk is even older than me : (

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    no ludious

his name is toby

Toby_shuttle.JPG

Delmain on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Elki wrote: »
    Is April 1st usually this lame? I'm getting the saddest excuses for jokes in my mailbox.

Elki that thing you like is doing something totally bizarre oh wait no they aren't April Fool!

Exactly. When I ban you today, I will actually be doing it. You have to commit to get to the real comedy.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

but i thought we would be friends and steal everyone else's loot

919UOwT.png
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    wrangling people to fucking follow instructions is so hard

even harder when they're not in person and you can't grab them and yell LISTEN. LISTEN. GO TO THAT PLACE NOW.

fair warning, every single one of my tabletop characters has a dumb name

i'm thinking "tickles shadowdark" this time around

919UOwT.png
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    HOLY JEEZ this was an education in how people basically do not read instructions or OPs at all

You're welcome.

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Desc, what is this "you"

are

are you an old

The line is debatable. I'm born 3 days before 1982 and some things count me Gen X, some as millennial. I see myself more as a OG millennial if I had to chose but I definitely don't have all the stereotypical traits (I don't text message all the time, but I instant message all day at work)

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

Gooey the Barbarian was amazing, stop diminishing your greatness.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...

but i thought we would be friends and steal everyone else's loot

oh uh

yeah

of course

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    who just got handed a quarter of our total budget to spend?

this guy

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    sleeping until 4:30 in the afternoon probably isn't the most productive choice i've ever made

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    who just got handed a quarter of our total budget to spend?

this guy

Coffee pipeline from Brazil.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

Horatio Orcfucker.
    He's down w/ the Shamrock Shake Swirl

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    homestarrunner.com updated today.

That's pretty epic, to be fair.

holy shit, I was litereally just telling @Elldren about the four-year hiatus last night.

rRwz9.gif
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular

Easy, you just need to hack through Gooey's high-tech security to get the delicious financial core within

Oh no, Gooey has protected his programs with mandatory anime! You must watch 10 hours!

Roll Stamina + Computers.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
    PantsB wrote: »
    NwpzNb3.jpg

Better Ad
    Bumper Stickers: They make you look like a cunt.

syndalis wrote: »

Gooey the Barbarian was amazing, stop diminishing your greatness.

i forget who it was but someone went "really?" when i showed up with "Gooey the Barbarian" written on my character sheet

919UOwT.png
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I feel as though I've developed a very strong ability to troll people who rage at video games.

"XxNo_ScopexX, honey, please remember your heart condition. Think how your poor mother would feel to see you back in the hospital again."

• zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    desc wrote: »
    a5ehren wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »

This must be a late-period millennial thing. I was born in 1986 and have never heard of this, ever. Fuckin' 90s kids.

I've heard of it as a fable, or old wives tale. Not even remotely as "everyone has had this happen once". The article says anyone after 81 is a mellinial, which be born shortly after that, didn't consider myself as one.

I always feel like each generation as conceived in pop culture is too long and encompasses many different mini-eras.

Did kids who grew up watching scratched Jurassic Park DVDs have the same millennial experience as kids who were downloading entire seasons of cartoons on their parents' massive bandwidth connections?

You kids with your fancy DVDs - back in my day we watched scratchy bootleg VHS tapes - and liked it.

People born in '82 shouldn't be lumped in with kids that have had a computer with a GUI and internet as far back as they can remember. Really, people born from ~'78 - '85/86 are in a really transitional period between late X / MTV generation and Millennial.

zagdrob on
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    ...cat donuts?

@Dread Pirate Arbuthnot

BkI_qabCcAEprkh.jpg:large

BkBi0h3CQAA00f1.jpg

I'm Hyperventilating

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    I always figured the best delineator for being a millenial or not was "Did you have broadband internet in the home as a teenager". If your most embarrassing teenage posts aren't forever immortalized on the internet you're Gen-X.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    for years my dad and stepmom's cars both had the same bumper sticker, this one from Boy Scouts that my stepbrother and I had independently acquired.

It read

KIDS FISHING: IT'S CATCHING ON!

now there is a controversial political stand

rRwz9.gif
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    dang, it. i'm going to feel left out for not having gotten in on the role playing stuff. totes my fault and putting work and real life and blah blah blah first. my bad.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Bless your heart.
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    PantsB wrote: »
    NwpzNb3.jpg

Better Ad
    Bumper Stickers: They make you look like a cunt.

except this one

mVR0WQd-NWpSbD3jvfxsJ8A.jpg

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I always figured the best delineator for being a millenial or not was "Did you have broadband internet in the home as a teenager". If your most embarrassing teenage posts aren't forever immortalized on the internet you're Gen-X.

My most embarrassing teenage posts are probably still on a Prodigy newsgroup or something though

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    wut up wieners

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »

Blizzard is the 4/1 King.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    haha, cool. I didn't realise Lance Bangs directed the new Todd Barry special. I met him last week because he was screening his Slint documentary here

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited April 2014

They are, but under pseudonyms with many x's on each end and numbers on them, based on my favorite toonami character of that weekday.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.