As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Castle Bravo, a [chat]

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Huh, the Google doodle turns into various Pokemon if you hit F13.

F13?

That would be the joke.

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    macs have f13 fyi hth

919UOwT.png
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    @Bethryn‌

I think you were one of the people talking about Psycho-Pass, yeah? I watched the first four episodes but it looks like episodes 5 and on are behind a paywall, QQ.

It is pretty good, theres mention they might do another season. I enjoyed it but expected more out of the ending.

steam_sig.png
  • japanjapan Registered User regular

F13?

Shift+F1

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i was feeling okay yesterday and this morning a bit

then all of a sudden FOR NO REASON

just massive stress head ache desire to curl up and hide again

why

poo
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

why

go talk to someone you doink

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    chat thread
    i have the opportunity to attend a passover seder
    should i y/n

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z_Machine

You are now aware that mankind is casually manufacturing lightning and containing it in engine oil.

That is all.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
    P10 wrote: »
    chat thread
    should i y/n

I went to one once when I was religious

I think it might be interesting from a cultural standpoint

I remember I didn't think the food was great but I'm not huge on lamb and I think that was the main thing

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i am doing squats in my dining room

maybe i will feel less sad and also develop sick quads brah

#gains

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    Our legacy software at work runs in terminal emulator so has bindings for F13 through F24.

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

why

go talk to someone you doink

I KNOW IVE BEEN BUSY

WHEN I GET BACK

i contacted one person but they didnt get back to me and then blah

but when i get back

poo
    NO EXCUSES DROP AND GIVE ME 50 POSITIVE SELF ESTEEM STATEMENTS

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    chat thread
    should i y/n

do you like lamb?

if so, y

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I am pretty depressed and have been for months

I am functional and I go to work and shower but I feel bloated and useless and alone all the time

bluh

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod

F13?

shift-F1 is generally considered to be F13

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    have a police dog

rr4qQuf.jpg

1) i can do arithmetic in my head- say, the multiplication of two two-digit numbers- quicker than most people
    2) my non-lazy eye is a very pleasant shade of blue
    3) i do not yet have erectile dysfunction problems

• LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    have a police dog

rr4qQuf.jpg

He's not big enough for that vest!

Silly Marmaduke!

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Hey guys, I want to format an old Dell Inspirion since I dug it out if a closet recently and it's running like shit (it's got a core 2 duo and a dedicated graphics card in it, I used it and gamed on it all through undergrad just a few years ago - it's old but shouldn't be this slow).

Since Dell sucks and I don't have any proper restore media - I.e. Once upon a time it had a recovery partition on it that is long since tucked and was supposed to be used in conjunction with disk based recovery media that they never mailed to me -

Tl; Dr : want to do a hard format of a windows Xp machine. C: format. How do I burn myself a recovery disk (digital river hosts?) and do i need anything more than the Win Xp product key that's stickered to the bottom of the laptop to activate it?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    everyone in my team is out sick

I could have brought my laptop and played lol all day

S1dusDT.jpg

Organichu wrote: »

1) i can do arithmetic in my head- say, the multiplication of two two-digit numbers- quicker than most people
    4) once consumed an entire plate of shrimp scampi without setting down the fork
    5) sings the female parts of duets with a wonderful falsetto
    6) is capable of rubbing belly and scratching head at same time
    7) can produce a 30 second stream of urine
    8) claims gooey as a friend and bro

come on chu you can do this

919UOwT.png
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    wait who am i kidding i'm too depressed to leave the house

*languishes in own filth*

get the fuck out of the house

it's sunny

just that alone will help your mood, it's biochemistry

ftOqU21.png
    edited April 2014
    By making that last post I summoned the gods of workplace responsibility

CIO comes by my desk and says "3 servers are moving to the other data center, here's a list, get them unracked and packed to go", whoever normally does that is also out sick

but wooooooooooooooooooooork

override367 on
    kitty
    kitty
    kitty
    kitty

poo
  • InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Hey guys, I want to format an old Dell Inspirion since I dug it out if a closet recently and it's running like shit (it's got a core 2 duo and a dedicated graphics card in it, I used it and gamed on it all through undergrad just a few years ago - it's old but shouldn't be this slow).

Since Dell sucks and I don't have any proper restore media - I.e. Once upon a time it had a recovery partition on it that is long since tucked and was supposed to be used in conjunction with disk based recovery media that they never mailed to me -

Tl; Dr : want to do a hard format of a windows Xp machine. C: format. How do I burn myself a recovery disk (digital river hosts?) and do i need anything more than the Win Xp product key that's stickered to the bottom of the laptop to activate it?

Edit: Feral's answer is better, I didn't know Dell keys needed special media.

InfamyDeferred on
    I should be able to have my cat in my cubicle

Gooey wrote: »

gooby only two of these things are true

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    This party is nice enough but I'm not in a social mood and so not inclined to mix

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    @SummaryJudgment You'll need a Dell Windows reinstallation disc (the key won't work with a non-Dell disc) and that key.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    Gooey wrote: »

gooby only two of these things are true

9) has an amazing amount of humility, refuses to acknowledge his accomplishments

919UOwT.png
    god you guys

spoilered for people who don't want to hear about babbs stuff
    * okay I think I am still going to do the Comp Sci program, it just may have to go at a slower pace once babbs arrive
    * may need to sell the wrx and buy a bigger car? I can't fit 3 carseats in the back of mine. fuck you though I am not getting a minivan. maybe a big 4 door truck?
    * might need to rent a diff place with more room if sarah and I are both going to continue to work from home in the near term, because we have a 3 bedroom right now where one room is office/guest room and then sarah works in the front area of the house. there's nowhere for me to work but this room and that won't be possible with two more kids
    * do we try to do daycare or maybe get a nanny? the idea of a nanny sounds like a rich person thing but it might actually be cheaper. but I like that soy has a lot of interaction with other kids at day care :i
    * sarah's mom I guess said she would quit her job and watch the kids IF we moved to podunk iowa. oh god that would be such a good deal and we would be so rich but I don't think I could live there without going crazy and the idea of having my MIL practically living with us...

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    if it has enough ram on it, pop windows 7 on it anyway

use a dreamspark key. you have a dreamspark key, right?

aRkpc.gif
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    NewEgg's mailer today contains an ad for PetEgg, a tamagotchi-like toy with a virtual pet that you feed with YUM points accumulated by buying swag on NewEgg

and an offer to pre-order The Elder Scrolls online

I can't tell which one is the April Fool's joke

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    god you guys

spoilered for people who don't want to hear about babbs stuff
    * okay I think I am still going to do the Comp Sci program, it just may have to go at a slower pace once babbs arrive
    * may need to sell the wrx and buy a bigger car? I can't fit 3 carseats in the back of mine. fuck you though I am not getting a minivan. maybe a big 4 door truck?
    * might need to rent a diff place with more room if sarah and I are both going to continue to work from home in the near term, because we have a 3 bedroom right now where one room is office/guest room and then sarah works in the front area of the house. there's nowhere for me to work but this room and that won't be possible with two more kids
    * do we try to do daycare or maybe get a nanny? the idea of a nanny sounds like a rich person thing but it might actually be cheaper. but I like that soy has a lot of interaction with other kids at day care :i
    * sarah's mom I guess said she would quit her job and watch the kids IF we moved to podunk iowa. oh god that would be such a good deal and we would be so rich but I don't think I could live there without going crazy and the idea of having my MIL practically living with us...

get a subaru forester

steam_sig.png
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    pictures from news I am reading: A microplane gone missing has been found. It took off from this runway and ended in this lake.

KKk0haoTwD10Tx8g6onwlgJCA-Y3b81kqIIAPGbuooFQ.jpg
    sMJxsiRT9vxBSD6KLDxi7Qd6sMnahMculjc7Ads-ctXA.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    I think I become more sociable 50 minutes or so into a social event with random people. Faster if tipsy. Then I become a bundle of babbling energy and everyone's new best friend and confident

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I accidentally hit "mark all viewed"

;_;

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
This discussion has been closed.