As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Castle Bravo, a [chat]

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    god you guys

spoilered for people who don't want to hear about babbs stuff
    * okay I think I am still going to do the Comp Sci program, it just may have to go at a slower pace once babbs arrive
    * may need to sell the wrx and buy a bigger car? I can't fit 3 carseats in the back of mine. fuck you though I am not getting a minivan. maybe a big 4 door truck?
    * might need to rent a diff place with more room if sarah and I are both going to continue to work from home in the near term, because we have a 3 bedroom right now where one room is office/guest room and then sarah works in the front area of the house. there's nowhere for me to work but this room and that won't be possible with two more kids
    * do we try to do daycare or maybe get a nanny? the idea of a nanny sounds like a rich person thing but it might actually be cheaper. but I like that soy has a lot of interaction with other kids at day care :i
    * sarah's mom I guess said she would quit her job and watch the kids IF we moved to podunk iowa. oh god that would be such a good deal and we would be so rich but I don't think I could live there without going crazy and the idea of having my MIL practically living with us...

staying within 20minutes driving distance of the MIL gives you a lot of scope to search for housing, but doesn't make her too close, perhaps

aRkpc.gif
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i am sorry for emo'ing here i am gonna go do something with myself i guess later y'all

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    also skippy good luck parenthood sounds hard ilu ok bai

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    P10 wrote: »
    chat thread
    i have the opportunity to attend a passover seder
    should i y/n

have u heard the story of how the jews were persecuted?

they will probably tell that one.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    NewEgg's mailer today contains an ad for PetEgg, a tamagotchi-like toy with a virtual pet that you feed with YUM points accumulated by buying swag on NewEgg

and an offer to pre-order The Elder Scrolls online

I can't tell which one is the April Fool's joke

Hmmm

Hmmmm

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I thought Elder Scrolls Online came out this week.

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    fuck you though I am not getting a minivan.
    The reason SUVs are popular.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    For the record, I will gladly come to delicious lamb dinner even if have to hear long story about suffering.

My so called best friend who is Jewish should be taking notes right now
    Irond Will wrote: »
    chat thread
    should i y/n

chat thread
    should i y/n

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Aioua wrote: »
    I accidentally hit "mark all viewed"

;_;

Drown in a sea of blue.

emnmnme on
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Cats are basically the best part of life.

Dogs are cool too.

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Skips, lose Subaru, acquire Tesla Model X

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    geth status report

Wqdwp8l.png
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Situation report:

Thread Recycle: page 100
    We are Legion.

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    skips my friend's parents moved from midwest to here to be closer to kiddos

I think this is much better solution yes yes

the jewish people have only two stories in their culture. they are timeless classics that span generations

1) the jews were persecuted that one time

2) that celebrity; did you know that he's jewish?

Wqdwp8l.png
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    @SummaryJudgment You'll need a Dell Windows reinstallation disc (the key won't work with a non-Dell disc) and that key.

...wow, that's certainly a thing. Dell keys won't fucking work unless you use a Dell recovery disk?

It's literally impossible to get a fresh install in a Dell machine without their fucking bonzibuddy backdoor adware bloatware, then?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    get a subaru forester

I don't think that's significantly bigger than a wrx?

ronya wrote: »
    staying within 20minutes driving distance of the MIL gives you a lot of scope to search for housing, but doesn't make her too close, perhaps

she doesn't live in portland, we'd have to move to a shitty little town in Iowa 3 hours from the nearest airport

• HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    I'd rather get a mini van than an SUV.

So It Goes wrote: »
    skips my friend's parents moved from midwest to here to be closer to kiddos

I think this is much better solution yes yes

Yeah, most all of my "move to the great pacific northwest" schemes involved my parents following me because goddamnit, they want grandkids to play with.

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    I've always been fond of the concept of the Vauxhall Zafira VXR.

It's essentially the platform and drivetrain of the Astra VXR, widely acknowledged as probably the rawest and least daily drivable of the performance hatches, with a seven seat MPV body on it.

PantsB wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    So there is an otherkin living in my neighborhood.

Walking home from grocery store yesterday, fairly good looking guy, cares about grooming (had a good haircut, clean shaven) then I saw the fox ears. And the long jacket which was covering the fursuit... and the tail poking out from the back from the split in the jacket...

I am not picking on the guy per se, but I still find the shit hilarious and sad at the same time whenever I see it.

Not to go too tumblr here but "otherkin" implies that they think they are the creature in question mentally/spiritually/whatever, but in the absence of knowing that about him "fursuiter" is the most accurate word.

I can't say I find someone wearing that on the street all that sad. I knew a guy once who wore one to a job interview at an anime shop. That was sad.

Man that's mind blowing.

Some one wanting to work at an anime shop.

obligatory @Irond Will

man so many people want to work in an anime shop that it's a buyer's market

people probably have to pay for the privilege of standing behind the anime counter and wearing a air of desu gravitas

get asked about opinions of samurai champloo

get referred to as shopkeep-sama

i would pay $10/ hr for the honor

Wqdwp8l.png
    Delmain wrote: »

god I bet it's 80k

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    god you guys

spoilered for people who don't want to hear about babbs stuff
    * okay I think I am still going to do the Comp Sci program, it just may have to go at a slower pace once babbs arrive
    * may need to sell the wrx and buy a bigger car? I can't fit 3 carseats in the back of mine. fuck you though I am not getting a minivan. maybe a big 4 door truck?
    * might need to rent a diff place with more room if sarah and I are both going to continue to work from home in the near term, because we have a 3 bedroom right now where one room is office/guest room and then sarah works in the front area of the house. there's nowhere for me to work but this room and that won't be possible with two more kids
    * do we try to do daycare or maybe get a nanny? the idea of a nanny sounds like a rich person thing but it might actually be cheaper. but I like that soy has a lot of interaction with other kids at day care :i
    * sarah's mom I guess said she would quit her job and watch the kids IF we moved to podunk iowa. oh god that would be such a good deal and we would be so rich but I don't think I could live there without going crazy and the idea of having my MIL practically living with us...

Get a minivan. I think you would be a hilarious minivan father, and I ain't birthing no babies, so let me have this.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    get a subaru forester

wait three car seats? are you having twins?

steam_sig.png
  • Belasco32Belasco32 Registered User regular
    Belasco32 wrote: »
    I couldn't find my morning pain medicine, which regardless of what the FDA said when I started taking them, are totally addictive and now I'm enjoying mild withdrawl which I'm keeping at bay with Norco (how backwards is that?).

Mind if I ask what your morning medication is?

I'm kind of a pharma nerd and fibro is one of my interests.

*pokes at Belasco with a stick*

Ultram, I've been taking it on and off for a long-e time

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    get a subaru forester

it can do two kid car seats, not sure about three. I think those things are bigger now than they used to be. Outbacks too.

Will's Jewish jokes remind me of Seinfeld

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    @SummaryJudgment You'll need a Dell Windows reinstallation disc (the key won't work with a non-Dell disc) and that key.

...wow, that's certainly a thing. Dell keys won't fucking work unless you use a Dell recovery disk?

It's literally impossible to get a fresh install in a Dell machine without their fucking bonzibuddy backdoor adware bloatware, then?

Yes to the first thing

No to the second thing

Dell makes Windows discs that are just Windows. No extra bloatware. They come with their business and performance brands (Latitude, Precision, Optiplex).

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    get a subaru forester

wait three car seats? are you having twins?

yeah

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I couldn't find my morning pain medicine, which regardless of what the FDA said when I started taking them, are totally addictive and now I'm enjoying mild withdrawl which I'm keeping at bay with Norco (how backwards is that?).

Tramalolollolololol

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    @Echo‌

So I made a few interesting things out of my Legos this weekend

I made a custom Durgen Madhammer minifigure, Thor Steinhammer, an avalancher, a gun bunny, and a few shield gun corps

I also tried to make an Aspyhxious lego minifig, and it worked alright. Gonna try and make some Cryx warjacks in the next couple of weeks

I'll post some pictures this week

Delmain wrote: »

god I bet it's 80k

Probably a bit more for a well-equipped version, but yeah.

Nobody said it'd be cheap.

Just that it'd be awesome

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    OofPhyO.jpg

Elki wrote: »
    Get a minivan. I think you would be a hilarious minivan father, and I ain't birthing no babies, so let me have this.

minivan.jpg

Kalkino wrote: »
    Will's Jewish jokes remind me of Seinfeld

i dated a jewish girl for a couple years in HS and went to a lot of her familys holy days and such

my impression went gradually from "gosh these people have really had it rough and make a devoted effort to honor their history"

to

"god not this again"

Wqdwp8l.png
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    the jewish people have only two stories in their culture. they are timeless classics that span generations

1) the jews were persecuted that one time

2) that celebrity; did you know that he's jewish?

They're basically Canadians, if you replace persecution with an inferiority complex.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

my wife takes tramadol too. I take it they don't make you do piss tests and shit for it in TX?

Although to a certain extent most US ethnic jokes conveyed by TV don't have direct application to me, barring Samoan jokes.

Guys

This discussion has been closed.