As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

More problems with (at signs)

AiouaAioua Ora OccidensOra OptimaRegistered User regular

Quote this post to see the line of text not displayed, because it ends with an (at sign).

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
Aioua on

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Why would you end a line with an @ ?

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I just did earlier in a chat thread. I was talking about how a thing didn't work if you used an (at sign)

Iono maybe you're taking about the main character in nethack.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Does a post work if you put a period after it, like so? @.

EDIT: Yes it does.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Aioua wrote: »

Quote this post to see the line of text not displayed, because it ends with an (at sign).

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    This is such an edge case that I don't know if it's worth bringing up. I will happily punch anyone who abuses it in the junk however.

• Options
    I realised looking back on this that I phrased this very poorly. I mean that it isn't worth me bringing it up to Vanilla, not that it wasn't worth you bringing it up. That's always worthwhile. @Aioua I apologise for my rudeness.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I realised looking back on this that I phrased this very poorly. I mean that it isn't worth me bringing it up to Vanilla, not that it wasn't worth you bringing it up. That's always worthwhile. @Aioua I apologise for my rudeness.

Oh, no problem. That's what I figured you meant.

• Options
    Oh good. Thought it was worth clarifying though.