As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

3DS games for Pax East 2014?

2»

• Mot BuchananMot Buchanan OhioRegistered User regular
    The spotpass Shadow Link stuff is ok in A Link Between Worlds.
    Frankly, it's not hard to beat even the highest level bounty... the real challenge is in doing it while meeting the special requirements like
    win while using the hookshot
    deal the final blow with the torch
    win without taking a step

stuff like that.

I'll have my 3DS with me and ALBW, but I'm not sure what else I'd bring.
    I'm not all that into the Pokemon anymore, it just didn't interest me this time around.

What about Luigi's Mansion? anyone able to tell me if it's worth picking up for PAX?

• ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    What about Luigi's Mansion? anyone able to tell me if it's worth picking up for PAX?

Luigi's Mansion is worth picking up regardless of PAX.

• EagleAlphaXEagleAlphaX New JerseyRegistered User regular
    We've mentioned Bravely Default a few times already, so I'm sorry if I'm being a broken record. I played the demo for about an hour before running over to GameStop for the full game. In the Demo, Streetpasses get you people to help build your town and also special moves from other players during battles. Based on the little bit I've played so far, I would definitely recommend the game.

wjxmaepqs9k1.png
  • RenneesmeRenneesme Registered User regular
    I'm bring my Professor Layton as well. On it, there's a type of find and seek within the game that you can do with street pass. You can then trade in your points earned from it for in game bonuses.

3DS FC: 4382-3356-7103
  • AnarCHrisAnarCHris Trash Lord New York CityRegistered User regular
    Imsorad wrote: »

TRUTH! WeeGee mansion is a delight.

Also, who's down with Monster Hunter. Thinking about picking up 3 Ultimate pre-PAX, but not sure if I should or hold off for 4 Ult in 2k15.

• symbyosyssymbyosys Registered User regular
    The spotpass Shadow Link stuff is ok in A Link Between Worlds.
    Frankly, it's not hard to beat even the highest level bounty...
    You crazy. Combat isn't too easy in that game (I'm playing on hero mode) but fighting a more powerful Link is almost impossible for me.

I'll be bringing my 3DS in full force with Zelda, Fire Emblem, Pokemon Y (not super interested in the multiplayer functions there but I'll have it), Animal Crossing, Mario3D, pretty much the standard Nintendo list. I will definitely hop on Mario Party or some other download play games...

• SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    So I bought the 4 extra Mii Plaza games and was able to get going on Mii Force by using Play coins only (adult 3DS owner in the suburbs, so sad). Have to say game is surprisingly fun and I'm looking forward to getting street passes at East for all the Plaza games :)

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
    Speaking of street passes and the Mii plaza games...

For those of you who have been there before: is it overwhelming to check your street passes while you're there and to continuously play the mini games? Do you wait until the end to play with all of those you street passed with?

I see reasons for doing both so I'm just wondering the benefits of either!

If you are going to be in some of the panels, the waiting in line is the perfect time to check Streetpasses. And at least to me it was a bit overwhelming, going from 0 to over 200 passes in 3 days! I even got a few repeats.

• cadmiacadmia Registered User regular
    It's as overwhelming as you allow it to be, but I concur - Waiting in lines or for panels to start is a great time to catch up. Just remember that you can only hold 20 people at a time (10 people in your gate and 10 people in your plaza).

For those of you trying to catch up on some games while we wait for PAX, but are in less populated areas, the Street Pass Relay system works quite well. You can find a map on the Nintendo site with specific locations, but mostly any Starbucks, McDonald's, Barnes & Nobles or Home Depot should net you a street pass (or 6!).

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Playing each and every game will get super tedious and you will start to feel like you are missing out on passes (for puzzle pieces). At least that is how I felt during NYCC.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • RyosukeRyosuke Registered User regular
    AnarCHris wrote: »
    Imsorad wrote: »

TRUTH! WeeGee mansion is a delight.

Also, who's down with Monster Hunter. Thinking about picking up 3 Ultimate pre-PAX, but not sure if I should or hold off for 4 Ult in 2k15.

I'm sure many people will bring most of the games that work well in Conventions...(Pokemon X & Y, Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem, MH3U, Link Between worlds, etc.). So whatever you bring is fine, if not, street passes will occupy your time as well. I will bring all my games (including MH3U because its really addicting) and street passes will occupy most of my time anyway.

You can wait till MH4 but its up to you. MH3U is a great game if your into that kind of games but like I said, any games listed above and street passes will keep you busy.

• petrieslastwordpetrieslastword Syracuse, NYRegistered User regular
    I figure I'll bring along Pokemon, MK, FE, hopefully some 4 swords since everyone should own it. I've never touched Luigi MP, is that actually worthwhile?

Something else I should pick up in preparation?

• AnnaRoyalAnnaRoyal North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Pokemon Y and Mario Kart 7 for me! I mean I have more games than that... but addiction has pushed them into the dark spaces of my game holder.

I love Tacos.
    WoW: BanAnnaPi#1341
    Steam: BanAnnaPie
    Origin: BanAnnaPie
    3DS Friend Code: 3840 - 6540 - 5643
    https://twitter.com/xAnnasaurusx
  • cocowoushicocowoushi Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    My friends and I were playing Pokemon MultiBattle online last night and it was a lot of fun! 4 people in line battling together will be great fun.

Also, idk if anyone downloaded Four Swords when the promo was going on, but I'll have that on my 3dS too!

cocowoushi on
  • ancienteternityancienteternity Registered User regular
    I have so many games for 3DS that I have yet to even play, so I'm sure I'll be able to play with anyone, haha. Damn work and busy life!

3HbAeAg.png

I'm ready for the next PAX already!
  • Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    I totally figured I was going to beat Bravely Default by PAX, but looks like I'll be packing that. So many RPG's have been coming out!

zmYaVYP.png
  • sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    i just got a 3ds the other night i have pokemon x but not started playing it, i have cave story 3d and then i have tetris...... so what should i buy (hopefully cheap) / do since i know street pass is such a huge thing

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • BUBBApaxBUBBApax iLLusionist Boston MARegistered User regular
    Has anyone picked up Yoshi's New Island yet?

• RyosukeRyosuke Registered User regular
    i just got a 3ds the other night i have pokemon x but not started playing it, i have cave story 3d and then i have tetris...... so what should i buy (hopefully cheap) / do since i know street pass is such a huge thing
    Purchase any game you know you would enjoy. Many games have a street pass feature but its all about having fun regardless of doing solo or multiplayer.

Ryosuke wrote: »
    Purchase any game you know you would enjoy. Many games have a street pass feature but its all about having fun regardless of doing solo or multilayer.

i just bought a new car, broke phone, got this ds, and still need to pay for pax so i want to make sure i buy w/e i can get the most fun / time out of at pax and will buy stuff like zelda oot later on

• AnarCHrisAnarCHris Trash Lord New York CityRegistered User regular
    BUBBApax wrote: »
    Has anyone picked up Yoshi's New Island yet?

Yeah. Beat it in a week. Ain't worth $40 :/

I did pick up Monster Hunter 3 Ult for as it's now $30 new at gamestop/$25 used. Loving it. Bringing that, Animal Crossing, Pokemons, LoZ, 4 swords and FE:A to PAX!

• TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I only got my 3DS a month ago so I'm only now getting the hang of it but I've got Mario Kart 7, Pokemon Y and all of the Mii Plaza games.

TopherRocks on
    So, the handheld lounge seems like a great place if you wanna take a break and sit down. Is this the quietest room in the place, or something? Not that I'm looking for that- just wondering if it's a room of a bunch of people staring at their screens or if people are talking and maybe download playing some games!

Renneesme wrote: »
    So, the handheld lounge seems like a great place if you wanna take a break and sit down. Is this the quietest room in the place, or something? Not that I'm looking for that- just wondering if it's a room of a bunch of people staring at their screens or if people are talking and maybe download playing some games!

at night its mostly a nap time area but i have had some great conversations in that spot in the last 3 years so you can game but usually find a group of people playing and she what they have

• miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    Just decided to pull a surprise on myself and bought a 2DS yesterday! Then bought a SM3DL club Nintendo code so I've only got Pokemon Y....May buy other game's if there are a bunch people will be bringing that aren't too costly. Mostly just wanna spend my up-til-east time working on Pokemon to play against PPL :smiley:

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • aikoeaikoe Registered User regular
    I recently upgraded from a DS so I'll be bringing... well, every 3DS game I have, probably. Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing (I have apples), Pokemon Y, Theatrhythm, Devil Survivor. I don't remember what else I have or how many of those are multiplayer. Though I'd love to do some casual trainer battles in Pokemon!

PAX East 2014: 3-Day Pass [X] | Hotel Room [X] | Transportation [X] | Time Off [X] | Costume [ ]
    NEED TWO ROOMS IN THE WESTIN ON THURSDAY NIGHT! Please PM me!
    aikoe wrote: »
    I recently upgraded from a DS so I'll be bringing... well, every 3DS game I have, probably. Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing (I have apples), Pokemon Y, Theatrhythm, Devil Survivor. I don't remember what else I have or how many of those are multiplayer. Though I'd love to do some casual trainer battles in Pokemon!

Yay, I will be bringing ACNL too. I think I got all fruits and my store now sells 2 K.K. songs per day.

How did I almost forget about my Theatrhythm?! I love that game!! Also, pretty addicted to Bravely Default (starting to understand the name better now)... But I still haven't finished the demo! Super long! Not complaining... :smile:

• Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    I would be interested in playing Mario Party on download play if someone else brings it, but its not a game I would buy to play based on not having anyone else to play it with until the next PAX

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • wanderingscribe@gmail.comwanderingscribe@gmail.com Registered User regular
    I'm bringing my 3DSXL along with Pokemon X, Y, AC:NL, and ALBW. Don't think I've gotten very far on any of my games bar Pokemon X, but I'm probably going to have lots of time to improve while I'm waiting in line for panels.

If games are just for kids, I'm never gonna grow up.

The handheld lounge was really good last year - does anyone know if there will be any games for the 3DS being showcased at PAX this year? I remember seeing games like Monster Hunter and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

With no Nintendo booth this year and no upcoming big 3rd party release I can't see any 3DS game being showcased this year :(

I checked IGN's website this morning, apparently Pax East 2014 will be having a "Treasurenauts" and "Moon Chronicles" booth for 3DS :D ....... Treasurenauts looks promising

• PurpleSkyPurpleSky Registered User regular
    Some good downloadable titles are Crimson Shroud and VVVVVV. VVVVVV is great for on the go, absolutely love it.

• Sudds27Sudds27 Registered User regular
    If you are willing to put up with a steep learning curve then pick up Monster Hunter 3!!! I had no idea how to play the game until I visited the Capcom MH3 Booth (last year PAX East). Two things happen... I learned how to play the game and I meet some super cool people. The game is awesome once you play with other people and it was definitely one of the highlights for me from last year’s PAX East. The handheld lounge is a good place to meet people as well… as long as they are awake. A ton of people just end up crashing there for a couple of hours. If you see a lone dude playing MH stop by and say hello!

• ChuChuBucketChuChuBucket Registered User new member
    I'm looking to play Style Savvy: Trendsetters with anyone. I've never done a wireless fashion show and would LOVE to try one out. Anyone bringing this with them?
    BTW: Japan is getting an updated version of the game with a change to how contests are judged, AND a "dream boyfriend" mode which is exactly what it says on the tin...When will WE get those??

• randy_wreckedrandy_wrecked Gunslinger Harrisburg, PARegistered User regular
    Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon has a surprisingly fun multiplayer mode that works locally. Anyone planning on bringing their copy?
    There's a new Mario Golf coming out? I hadn't heard that. If it's out by then I'll definitely have it with me!

Not coming out until early May, unfortunately.

Video Game Hangover is a podcast for gamers who overindulge.
    Put it in your ear holes.
    I was trying to figure out which games to bring. And I think I will definitely pack Luigi's Mansion: DM. I haven't gotten to play the multiplayer yet

• Xveriun_UlnXveriun_Uln Registered User regular
    :'(:( So bummed guys! I've made it a tradition at PAX east to bring my 3DS(first went in 11'). I spent hours and hours, even enlisted the help of the gf and parents, but alas I could not find my 3DS. Every year I meet so many new 3DS toons, get so many puzzle pieces, and advance my hat quest to new levels. I'd have to agree with the poster about Fire Emblem. Not sure what game will hit if off big. Strange thingis though I have every single one of my accesoriess which are numerous, I have all 4 of my cases, 4 of my charges, 3 of my docks, car chargers, every game, every case, every guide, every car charger and head phone sets just not the console. Yeah my votes going for fire emblem, resident evil, and at least 2 Mario games will be biggest for local wireless play.