As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EVE] A friend is just a spy that hasn't betrayed you yet.

1414243444547»

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Wait, dude wanted to get some scammer banned because they were a successful scammer?

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    No it went a lot further than that. The scam part isn't the issue. It's the post-scam humiliation and fuckery that's the point of contention.

• Options
    onesixty2onesixty2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    this guy, erotica1, used to be in gsf. I don't remember his character name, it wasn't important enough. He ended up getting kicked after being a complete fucking idiot while trying to use gsf as a whole to back his CSM candidacy and join his stupid crusade.

when they say, you really don't want to look too much into this, they aren't kidding. his favorite thing (prior to getting booted) was to have his marks write 'erotica1' or other messages on parts of their bodies with things that were not originally designed to be written with. He would then post this shit and absolutely loved it. One incident that i somewhat recall is him getting some fat nerd to smear "erotica1" all over his fat gut in peanut butter. another example would be the guy who reportedly smeared mayo all over himself.

goons love a good tears collection, but this guy took a whole different approach into the weird and disgusting. also he made really bad threads often. though his last thread turned into a post a picture of your cat or get slapped with an infraction. that was the best thing that he did.. of course he was already banned when that part of the thread happened.

onesixty2 on
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Wow.

What a fuck.

• Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    In the interest of not turning this thread into a cesspool, lets leave it at "some dude took a scam too far and is gonna get banned for it". Or go find the terrible blog posts / threads about it (not recommended).

In other EVE news, Mister Vee's titan got bumped out of a POS and killed, likely due to an exploit (which may have been unintentional). Possible outcomes: no change (death2caps), titan given back (other guys get mad), titan given back and people get banned/suspended/warned (other guys get REALLY mad).

Bomberwaffe guys, tell me why I should join you, I've recently rediscovered the joy of losing lots and lots of ships and I'm pretty sure I'd be great at getting killed in bombers too.

Hit me up in jabber. Bomberwaffe is genuinely awesome. It is awesome when you get set up and dbrb hits the "lets poop all over their party" button and the killmails literally flow like wine.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    And if you can't lose lots of ships learning to fly bombers, I don't even know

• Options
    EllthiterenEllthiteren Registered User regular
    V1m wrote: »
    No it went a lot further than that. The scam part isn't the issue. It's the post-scam humiliation and fuckery that's the point of contention.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think CCP's statement on the matter agrees with what you were arguing? It's also the general gist of the point I was trying to make.

In other news, I've been slowly ratting my way to riches by tossing 5 Ishtars into anomalies and whittling away loads and loads of pirates with heavy drones. I'm using an ESS, because it gets me a load of LP that I'll trade in for cash someday plus it's gotten me at least one hilarious killmail.

But there is this one goon who really, really dislikes me for taking up all the anomalies in "his" system and forcing him to use an ESS. He blows the ESS up whenever he gets the chance, and he has been doing so for about two months. It's kind of cute and has basically zero effect on me.

So yesterday I went full on puppetmaster and asked him to stop idling in my anomalies (he'll often warp into one of them to see if it is occupied, and since there are five of me it usually is) because "it messes up the aggro". I don't think it actually does mess up the aggro, but he seemed to believe me, because every time he warped into one of my anomalies he would just sit there for a couple minutes. Presumably to make me mad? I got a chuckle out of him wasting his time, at least.

The point is that I think a MRCHI hotdrop op needs to happen to this guy. Shooting blues is a good time!

• Options
    PA DallasPA Dallas Registered User regular
    Always shoot blues. Greens and purples are fun also. :)

I saw a werewolf drinkin' a pina colada at Trader Vic's.
    And his hair was perfect.
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Blues are best though. Greens and purple is a trade off. It usually slows you down when trying to shoot not-green or not-purple.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    Mentakona and Anehiixii had a shoot greens op a couple weeks ago and tackled one of my Ishtars but never lit a cyno =(

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Sounds like we need to 23/7 occupy every anomaly in the system.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Kinda makes me want to resub and gank him just for giggles.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »
    Sounds like we need to 23/7 occupy every anomaly in the system.

I think between Countess, Dokar, Mentakona, Fiddler, Niomi, and myself, we could easily do that. Add in Zareph and we could get the entire pentagoon.

• Options
    But there is this one goon who really, really dislikes me for taking up all the anomalies in "his" system and forcing him to use an ESS. He blows the ESS up whenever he gets the chance, and he has been doing so for about two months. It's kind of cute and has basically zero effect on me.

It's been made very publicly aware that shooting ESS is considered goonfucking, especially if they are consistently messing with it. If you have KMs of him destroying the ESS, lets drop on his carrier.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    ToyD wrote: »
    In the interest of not turning this thread into a cesspool, lets leave it at "some dude took a scam too far and is gonna get banned for it". Or go find the terrible blog posts / threads about it (not recommended).

In other EVE news, Mister Vee's titan got bumped out of a POS and killed, likely due to an exploit (which may have been unintentional). Possible outcomes: no change (death2caps), titan given back (other guys get mad), titan given back and people get banned/suspended/warned (other guys get REALLY mad).

Bomberwaffe guys, tell me why I should join you, I've recently rediscovered the joy of losing lots and lots of ships and I'm pretty sure I'd be great at getting killed in bombers too.

Hit me up in jabber. Bomberwaffe is genuinely awesome. It is awesome when you get set up and dbrb hits the "lets poop all over their party" button and the killmails literally flow like wine.

Bomberwaffe is an excellent strategic sig that allows you to avoid mainfleet bullshit while still participating on strat ops, allowing ment to continue fondling you for his illum access. I never really participate in peacetime, because bomberwaffe kind of fizzles out of focus due to it not generally having other fleets out that need bomber cover. Boat is doing a decent job this time I believe, but i'm trying to bolster numbers for Freedomsquad still so I have only made one of his ops.

Also: multiboxers are made for bombing. If you can get your own squad of 7 (~2month from brand new alt to sitting in a hound) you are able to do solo bombing (like Kun'mi) or take your own squad during bomberwaffe ops. I've been Kun'mi's sabre for a couple nights of just him and I out. Watching him bomb a fleet of 100 talwars just.. brings a tear to your eyes.

onesixty2 on
  • Options
    DrainDrain [E] Tabletop Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    Also Oodell is famous for taking an entire bomber wing himself. It's beautiful.

N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/eve-ship-models-which-ones-would-you-like-to-own

When do I get to buy my Hurricane? I tried so hard when I had access to the school's 3d printer to make one myself, but all my time got eaten up doing school work.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    LochielLochiel Registered User regular
    I'm going to be sad if it isn't a Hurricane. We were talking about this in corp the other day; and I'm not convinced that there is a sexier looking ship than the Hurricane; although the Mach comes pretty close.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Anathema.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    There's a lot to be said for the Pilgrim's looks (shame it is otherwise terrible :( )

• Options
    Lochiel wrote: »
    I'm going to be sad if it isn't a Hurricane. We were talking about this in corp the other day; and I'm not convinced that there is a sexier looking ship than the Hurricane; although the Mach comes pretty close.

Here you go, a lighted Mach made from matchsticks. :)

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=25143

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    This thread is old, stale, and smells funny. New thread is here: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/188943/eve-online-multiplayer-treachery-engine

I sent a PM to a mod to lock this one.

This discussion has been closed.