As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] twins

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »
    Man, I'd totally pay $5,000 for a comfortable couch that wouldn't look like shit - either totally dated or worn out - after ten years.

I find comfortable furniture means big cushions, memory foam, and microfiber...and that shit just isn't durable like wood and leather. Not to mention that unless you have a leather couch (cold) or patterns (quickly dated) it's really hard to get spills / stains out.

I suppose you could reupholster, but for the price you might as well get something new.
    It's because it is made in China. There is just a lot of shit furniture coming out of China, and it is going for way too much money because it is expensive to ship couches. I've seen an expansion in American furniture production because of the price, but there are some really good products at the boutique shops that are cheaper than the larger stores.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    also new actor playing doctor doom is toby kebbell

there u go another english villain yesssss

Because you need more.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    @Rear Admiral Choco‌ I say go nuts and you give me NYC : P

In all seriousness I'm kind of wary of setting anything in NYC as I know I'll get something wrong and it will. E terrible

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    America sucks someone give me like a hundred grand so I can start over somewhere else

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Remember rest of the world...don't get too uppity. You can win a race by being the best, or you can trip the guy in front of you.

Pretty hard to stay at #1 with your infrastructure bombed to crap...

All it takes is Russia to "annex" Norway or Best Korea to decide they want a nice island retreat.

Suddenly you're not #1 in anything.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    This is a very pathetic accomplishment but today I quickly walked to work instead of taking the street car, got a sweat going and a good burn in my calves.

I also signed up for a Meetup event in June.

~ * swole patrol calf achievement ribbon * ~

This reminds me that last night in class I went to do a shoulder stretch and the armpit in my gi tore really bad. Took it to the place I got it after class and they were going to show it to the owner as they order them from Korea so hopefully I'll get a replacement free of charge since I've had it a little over a month.

Still feeling the burn though from class and finishing up learning form 2 now. I guess we're doing another demonstration this month at another martial arts competition. Wondering if there might be some competitions I can go into as well but I guess we'll see.

~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    what the

taco bell breakfast is pretty damn good

girl was pretty damn cute and we made jokes

what is this alt world

somebody spiked your coffee

hahaha. yeah "somebody"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBvV1miNoA8

@tav

@DasUberEdward‌ just showed that to the two people in this room and now they think i'm weird

I love the show, and I don't understand why everyone thought this was hilarious.

I felt like as an entire episode, it disappointed a bit but as web clips that cherry pick the best segments, it is beautiful.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Man, I'd totally pay $5,000 for a comfortable couch that wouldn't look like shit - either totally dated or worn out - after ten years.

I find comfortable furniture means big cushions, memory foam, and microfiber...and that shit just isn't durable like wood and leather. Not to mention that unless you have a leather couch (cold) or patterns (quickly dated) it's really hard to get spills / stains out.

I suppose you could reupholster, but for the price you might as well get something new.

See, fuck leather. Leather fades in sunlight, needs just as much maintenance to not crack or get fucked up... if you happen to be doing something naked and sweaty on one it can get crazy uncomfortable or create funny farting noises... a leather couch needs a lot of love, and I say this from experience having grown up in a house with them.

I don't want to sink or disappear into my sofa either. I like the couch to be that perfect balance of firm yet super comfy, that reaches the back JUST RIGHT without having to put a bunch of pillows behind you to bolster it up.

My current sofa fails on some of these counts, but you can get something from ikea that fits all of them, and replacing the upholstery on an ikea couch because you spilled red wine into it is far less expensive than the 5000 dollar ones, where everything is triple-stitched in by hand and requires a month of labor to fix.

I kind of think super-fancy sofas are a bit of a sham, even as I like the way they can look.

That said, I would gladly drop mad bank on a kickass table, office chair, desk, etc. Or a bed. Beds are awesome.

Put your money into the shit you use the most.

Couch, bed, desk, office chair.

We got a really nice dining room table and chairs that we've used...a half dozen times, maybe? The three of us almost always eat at the table in the kitchen - a cheap, glass topped table / chairs we got at Target or something.

It's like spending bank on a nice master bedroom / bath and kitchen. Laundry room, entryways, garage, etc. Yeah, having vaulted ceilings and a big dining room is nice, but a slight improvement in stuff you're going to use day in and day out is better than a huge improvement in stuff you use rarely if at all.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    all of my furniture is made of concrete and exposed rebar

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Is there any disadvantage to slowly paying off my student loans over time? There's 25c a day in interest, which means $7.50 every month. My loan is somewhere inbetween 3500 and 4000 and I put $70 on it every month. After we pay off Aaron's credit card should I pay off my student loan just as aggressively, or continue to do it at slightly above the amount they require from me (they wanted something like 60 a month)

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    A3 sedan: smaller! The size of a mid-90s a4! American cars are all big and fat and stupid! this is the right direction!

Flappy paddle dual clutch DSG + 2.0T engine uguu~

They finally just made a small Audi sedan on top of the GTI platform and actually used the good tranny and not the stupid CVT.

All it needs is a sportier suspension and swaybars and you'd be golden.

Augh give it to meeeeeee

@japan @haphazard @skippydumptruck

Why am I not on the "car guy" list.

You included skippyminivan but not me?

Fak you.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    singapore has not discovered the joys of ultra-low-cost furniture yet

this is sad

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    America sucks someone give me like a hundred grand so I can start over somewhere else

but I only have this hundred grand because of American capitalism

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Cinders wrote: »

Little dog is like: "Your privilege: check it"

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

I shall title this gif "Life"

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    The assertion that anybody outside the states cares about the NBA (or baseketball in general) is lovely.

How many times must I remind everyone tons of places love basketball and by extension the NBA now

Spain loves bball. China loves bball

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Jerry Seinfeld seems like kindof a crazy, huh?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    What kind of loan shark assesses interest daily?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    e8vKFK9.jpg

D: That poor puppy!

~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    The assertion that anybody outside the states cares about the NBA (or baseketball in general) is lovely.

How many times must I remind everyone tons of places love basketball and by extension the NBA now

Basketball is #2 world sport

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

What's the deal with that?

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    FLASH JUDGEMENT

James Franco tries to hook up with 17-yo girl over instagram (no doubt there, there are screenies and selfies, its liek gawd plausible deniability have u ever heard of such a thing)

17 is above the age of consent in NY and she did not sleep with him, BUT

creepy y/n

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    A3 sedan: smaller! The size of a mid-90s a4! American cars are all big and fat and stupid! this is the right direction!

They finally just made a small Audi sedan on top of the GTI platform and actually used the good tranny and not the stupid CVT.

Augh give it to meeeeeee

Why am I not on the "car guy" list.

You included skippyminivan but not me?

Fak you.

Sorry Sadi we can still go to prom though

2.0T DSG Quattro in a compact package giiiiive meeeeeee

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014

Augh give it to meeeeeee

Now if it wasn't $30k before any options :neutral_face:

a5ehren on
  • Options
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    FLASH JUDGEMENT

James Franco tries to hook up with 17-yo girl over instagram (no doubt there, there are screenies and selfies, its liek gawd plausible deniability have u ever heard of such a thing)

creepy y/y

So creepy

• Options
    FLASH JUDGEMENT

creepy y/n

N

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    My Review

Item #1: Bacon Egg and Cheese Burrito $1.69
    Good: Probably 40-50% larger than a McDonald's Burrito. Plenty of Egg and Bacon

Bad: No spices or seasonings what so ever. None of those diced peppers/onions or anything. This is the plainest tasting breakfast burrito in the world.
    They use that shitty generic shredded cheddar cheese. You know the one that turns a gnarly orange and has a rubber like texture after you melt it? Yeah

Footnote: They use that generic picante sauce that is basically Picketchup terrible.

Item #2: Sausage Waffle Taco. Icantrememebrthepriceandmyreceiptgotdisentegratedinapoolofgrease
    Good: It's an innovative idea that probably would have worked had some other restaurant done it.

Bad: They put it in a cardboard little box so it doesnt spill everywhere. You'd think this would be a good thing, but it's bad because it tries to hide the ugly truth. AND FAILS
    The taco had so much grease pouring from it the bottom of the box disentegrated and my taco was about to fall through. This is a bad sign for things to come.
    Opened the box and was greeted with the ugliest fucking thing I've ever seen in my life. This thing looked like it had been through the worst society had to offer and when society had finished it threwup a bunch of rubber neon orange cheese on it.
    Grease was pouring off of the sausage pattie destroying everything in its wake. Including its waffle bed. Which brings us to the waffle.
    That is not a fucking waffle. I can't describe what it taste like. maybe some kind of paper soaked in pork grease? Throwing an eggo waffle into the toaster would have had better results than this monstrosity.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Shivahn we should merge consciousnesses or somefin

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Gonmun wrote: »
    This is a very pathetic accomplishment but today I quickly walked to work instead of taking the street car, got a sweat going and a good burn in my calves.

I also signed up for a Meetup event in June.

~ * swole patrol calf achievement ribbon * ~

This reminds me that last night in class I went to do a shoulder stretch and the armpit in my gi tore really bad. Took it to the place I got it after class and they were going to show it to the owner as they order them from Korea so hopefully I'll get a replacement free of charge since I've had it a little over a month.

Still feeling the burn though from class and finishing up learning form 2 now. I guess we're doing another demonstration this month at another martial arts competition. Wondering if there might be some competitions I can go into as well but I guess we'll see.

desc your swole patrol awards keep me motivated

• Options
    Like, he's almost 20 years older than her...

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    FLASH JUDGEMENT

creepy y/n

Former Jets QB Mark Sanchez DID hook up with a 17 year old he met at a club

No one really cared except deadspin though

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

What's the deal with that?

No news, so I guess he dropped it, it's just I only heard about it today; he accused the Lego Movie of ripping off the whole Superman hating Green Lantern bit from a commercial he did, despite the situation being rather different and probably based on the flop Ryan Reynolds movie, not an old thing Jerry Seinfeld did.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

It's because it is made in China. There is just a lot of shit furniture coming out of China, and it is going for way too much money because it is expensive to ship couches. I've seen an expansion in American furniture production because of the price, but there are some really good products at the boutique shops that are cheaper than the larger stores.

Boutique is nice, but almost everything I see there looks like it's going to get dated so fast.

Hard to find stuff that's nice and simple. Took us forever to find a high quality dining room table.

If we had more time, we would probably make our wood furniture ourselves. Wife was state-champion in woodworking when she was in high school, and I'm pretty good myself. If we hadn't needed something for Thanksgiving, we probably would have made something like one of these (yes, it's Ron from Parks & Rec's shop):

http://offermanwoodshop.com/project/walnut-dining-table/
    http://offermanwoodshop.com/project/claro-walnut-dining-table/

This winter I'm going to do my closet that would cost ~$10,000 to have installed for ~$800 in materials. Wife isn't 100% on what she's going to do with hers though.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I don't really get looking at other people's relationships and attempts at sex/sexual encounters.

Was there coercion y/n.

That's also, conveniently, the answer to "does Shiv really care."

• Options
    Elldren do you say N because technically she's free game

• Options
    Elldren wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Basketball is #2 world sport

#1 in my heart

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    FLASH JUDGEMENT

creepy y/y

So creepy

I think the judgement is made when you have to cite age of consent in the conversation. its one of those things, like saying "im not racist, but"

The guy is like 34, everyone knows its half your age + 7
    34 /2 = 17 + 7 = 24. He could consent to sex before she was born. Now, that aside, I really just don't give a shit. Time traving back as a 17 year old male if you told me I could bang a 34 year old actress? /yesma'am

Edit: Furthermore, I think people don't realize how many stardoms and actors/actresses are around, because they jumped on the bone train to stardom.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.