As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Giant Bomb], Greasy Ham

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I went through a phase as a middle schooler where I liked Peter Jackson's King Kong way more than anyone should like Peter Jackson's King Kong

Like, I think it's a good movie! Definitely worth watching!

But I'm not sure it's worth fanfiction, in spite of what middle school aged Etchwarts thought

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I don't think you can tie those to not being assholes

They mostly involve adhering to dogma

dogma that was founded around a dude who said "hey yo

don't be assholes"

A lot of dogma is from the old testament and even then a bunch of it has approximately nothing to do with jesus' teachings

Especially catholic dogma which a lot of is entirely absent from the bible

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    If I had to guess which sport it is Jeff actually likes, I probably wouldn't go with baseball.

Well he grew up around guys who work on cars, and guys who work on cars tend to like baseball

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    i went through a thought process there for a second that basically just ended with "I wish people wouldn't be bigots"

which, i mean, is true

but it's also just about the most banal thing there is to say on the situation

listen

A lot of good stuff comes from the basic thought "people shouldn't be assholes"

weirdly though also a lot of bad stuff???

A lot of that was less dogma and more people with power wanting more power because they were assholes

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I guess since Wil Wheaton replied to my tweet that one time I should watch that new show of his when it airs. He said it will be on "the channel formerly knows as Sci-Fi."

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    If I had to guess which sport it is Jeff actually likes, I probably wouldn't go with baseball.

Well he grew up around guys who work on cars, and guys who work on cars tend to like baseball

I forget what the exact explanation is

But there's plenty of people that think baseball is the only worthwhile sport because it's the most logical one that has the most to do with pure stats and numbers

I think Steve Albini wrote a whole thing about it

6F32U1X.png
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Finally popped back into Titanfall after a lengthy Diablo-induced hiatus.

Still very fun.

After initially having a bit of trouble connecting to a full attrition match, it was surprising to see that most of the action is actually in campaign mode. People really like playing those matches, I assume for the little cinematic one-off moments.

• DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    To be fair, Steve Albini talks a lot of shit.

And I say that as someone who likes his work.

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    I don't think you can tie those to not being assholes

They mostly involve adhering to dogma

dogma that was founded around a dude who said "hey yo

don't be assholes"

and now i want a new Dragon's Dogma where you play as Dragon Jesus.

"Hey, hey knock off all this asshole shit or i will literally burn down your country."

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I really liked this bombcast. One nice thing about Patrick moving to Chicago is that now Drew is on the bombcast regularly.

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I really liked that Jeff was so up on the Diablo expansion. I can't tell if those types of games are in his wheelhouse, but he seemed to like it a lot. And he should! The game is much more fun to play now than when it came out.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    I really liked that Jeff was so up on the Diablo expansion. I can't tell if those types of games are in his wheelhouse, but he seemed to like it a lot. And he should! The game is much more fun to play now than when it came out.

As someone who dug D3 when it cMe out

Yeah it is a muuuuch better game now

(I do kinda miss the AH, though - I liked the option of a shortcut at least).

Today, Valve revealed just how brilliant a system Greenlight is

By Greenlighting a game that's already on Steam

6F32U1X.png
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I went through a phase as a middle schooler where I liked Peter Jackson's King Kong way more than anyone should like Peter Jackson's King Kong

Like, I think it's a good movie! Definitely worth watching!

But I'm not sure it's worth fanfiction, in spite of what middle school aged Etchwarts thought
    Squire Etchwarts

CYpGAPn.png
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    killed off a couple of my mage apprentices. well, you can't make a powerful magic item without breaking a few apprentices. that is how the saying goes isn't it?

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I found a dog in skyrim

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

They've said a few times that Greenlight will be gone by the end of the year, but that's probably not a good excuse for paying that little attention to what they greenlight.

Uriel wrote: »
    I found a dog in skyrim

did that dog...do something

6F32U1X.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I found a dog in skyrim

Can you befriend it?

Inquisitor on
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I found a dog in skyrim

Can you befriend it?

He is my best buddy. He bit some spiders for me.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    my party in arcanum was me and the dog

tbh the dog did most of the work

Dog. A khajiits best friend.

• AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Is that The Dog in Skyrim, or just a dog?

ZD98Zka.png
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »

They've said a few times that Greenlight will be gone by the end of the year, but that's probably not a good excuse for paying that little attention to what they greenlight.

are they just going to open up the platform or what?

• KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    What can khajiit do for you?

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Goat Simulator could probably have a better map

though the hillbilly doing donuts was great

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    captaink wrote: »

As someone who dug D3 when it cMe out

Yeah it is a muuuuch better game now

(I do kinda miss the AH, though - I liked the option of a shortcut at least).

The problem with the AH was you basically needed the AH to get gear that wasn't just stupid. The difference between someone who never touched the AH and someone who spent even a small amount of gold was huge.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    aww even Jeff is disappointed with Taco Bell's breakfast

can't remember if they have a good breakfast burrito or not

that seems like something they could get right

• HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I had the breakfast burrito. It was too dry, in my opinion

Also, the person I was with ordered two waffle tacos. After we finished the order, I noticed there were two kinds of waffle tacos, sausage and bacon. They didn't ask what kind we wanted.

Once we got our order I asked "Is this sausage or bacon?"
    "Waffle."
    "What?"
    "Waffle. It's a waffle."

For some reason they didn't hear me say taco. I looked all over the menu, and there was no listing for just a waffle. I couldn't help but wonder how many people come to Taco Bell the second day of their brand new fake tex-mex breakfast menu for their secret world famous waffle with nothing.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    aww even Jeff is disappointed with Taco Bell's breakfast

can't remember if they have a good breakfast burrito or not

that seems like something they could get right

Never underestimate Taco Bell's ability to limbo beneath the bar of acceptable food quality

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I hope that one day soon Taco Bell will give us Cool Ranch Doritos Waffle Tacos.

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    That Rainbow Road clip reminded me just how ingrained that theme is in my head. So good.

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    double

PaperLuigi44 on
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    it's going to take good online play to get me on board with mario kart 8

the online for MKWii actually wasn't that bad?

but yeah this is going to need to be much better

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I

Hate

Rainbow Road

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
This discussion has been closed.