As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New mobile style

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    It happened to me just now as I tried to load this page.

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Happening to me on Android (is the latest iOS Jellybean?), but only in the default browser. Chrome is displaying fine.

Looks like the style sheet isn't loading or somesuch

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Yeah forum broke for me on mobile. Samsung Galaxy S3.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    That is also happening to me, maybe 25% of the time, default browser on HTC One. More often than that though I'm just getting a blank white page, nothing loading at all. I have to refresh until everything loads properly.

Only started happening within the last 24 hours.

• Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    That is also happening to me, maybe 25% of the time, default browser on HTC One. More often than that though I'm just getting a blank white page, nothing loading at all. I have to refresh until everything loads properly.

Only started happening within the last 24 hours.

This has actually been happening to me on my laptop and desktop. Not sure its exclusive to mobile.

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Having a blank page, and having to refresh seems to be a problem for me on mobile and on my computer, but the CSS not displaying looks like it's only a mobile issue (+ default browser) for me.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I've got one I just encountered:

The new " @ " fill dropdowns are freakin' awesome. They save a lot of "Who the fuck was I talking to again? Was it an X or a B?"

When on the mobile site, the background for the dropdown is white (or absent altogether). It would be mighty nice if it was a blue or something, so I could actually see the names. Or if the text was black.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Just wanted to let the devs know that the iPhone issue I mentioned earlier (top and bottom bars getting stuck on or off) is fixed; thanks!
    I've got one I just encountered:

The new " @ " fill dropdowns are freakin' awesome. They save a lot of "Who the fuck was I talking to again? Was it an X or a B?"

When on the mobile site, the background for the dropdown is white (or absent altogether). It would be mighty nice if it was a blue or something, so I could actually see the names. Or if the text was black.

This is an issue, though.

Also, the top and bottom bars get stuck when you're typing in the text entry box (e.g., they don't appear to move as the text box expands), which results in them covering significant portions of the text box; iPhone 5, Safari, latest updates, etc. Let me know if you need a screenshot or more description.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    I seem to have lost the ability to insert a URL. Not sure if this is just me or just the mobile page though.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I was having a problem today where I was unable to "click" anything on the mobile forums. Like, I could click on the spoiler button and the post reply button, but nothing would happen.

Galaxy S3, Android 4.3, Chrome 33.0.1750.170

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Ok the top and bottom bars need to go on phones. They make it impossible to see what you're doing in landscape mode or even portrait. Push the options to the top or bottom of the page, or make them at least a long-press rather then always sliding in (which Chrome does too with the navbar so half the scren is lost right there.)

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Ok the top and bottom bars need to go on phones. They make it impossible to see what you're doing in landscape mode or even portrait. Push the options to the top or bottom of the page, or make them at least a long-press rather then always sliding in (which Chrome does too with the navbar so half the scren is lost right there.)

Yeah, on mine I get about 3 lines of the text box, with all new text appearing off screen if I type beyond that because it insists I must not actually, you know, want to see what I'm typing :p

In fact, ended up having to switch back to desktop mode just to type this because my phone refused to recognize the expanded part of the text box as "a text box" and wouldn't pop up the keypad :(

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Not sure if this is new or was always like this but touch target for editing a post is way way way way too small, more likely to tap a username and end up viewing a profile than getting the Edit cog.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Also, the top and bottom bars get stuck when you're typing in the text entry box (e.g., they don't appear to move as the text box expands), which results in them covering significant portions of the text box; iPhone 5, Safari, latest updates, etc. Let me know if you need a screenshot or more description.

my workaround to this, is to hit the "done" button and then tap the text box again. it repositions the bottom bar to underneath the keyboard. At least for a few lines. It's been a while since I've done a large post on the phone, but you may need to repeat the procedure after a while.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Not sure if this is new or was always like this but touch target for editing a post is way way way way too small, more likely to tap a username and end up viewing a profile than getting the Edit cog.

The edit cog should be twice the size it is now. I've almost taken to just letting spelling errors slide, because I don't want to open my profile a dozen times trying to change "this" to "thus".

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    So Im not getting notifications at all on mobile. I assume its the new layout since this wasnt an issue with the old one.
    I logged into the desktop site today for the first time in about 3 months to find I had a mod warning and infraction I probably would never have seen otherwise.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Yeah the mobile site doesn't show you those at all, I just periodically click on them to check if there's something new. I also have it set to email me when I get a pm.

• Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    It looks like embedded YouTube has gotten even worse over the past few days for me. Before I had the same issue as others where when you touch it, the viewer would shrink to a single line and then you would need to touch it again to open up a new web page.

Now the name of the video doesn't show up in the line so I can't click on it or even look it up in the YouTube app. .
    If a YouTube clip is in an embedded tweet that seems to work fine.

I'm on an iPhone 5 with iOS 7.1 and use Safari.

That has been my only major issue with the new mobile along with the black bar issue mentioned above. Other than that the new mobile style has been really good.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    This was mentioned further back in the thread but I think it got skipped over. When posting a new PM from the mobile site the input scrolls up as the keyboard pops up (Lastest Chrome on Android 4.4.2 / Nexus 5) meaning that whatever you type you can't see.

Giant image below spoiler:
    nqb275s897oj.png

Here I've clicked on the 'recipient' input box and I can't scroll up to see what I'm typing.

I also tried to post in this thread last night from mobile and attach the screenshot, but the image upload for mobile seems to still be borked. Every time I clicked on 'upload new file' it didn't do anything.

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    I'm on Windows 8 IE. I keep running into an issue where the grey menu screen that you normally get to by touching the top left corner is still touchable despite being hidden.

i.e. this menu:
    0dj7I13.png

When I try to touch on a forum or a thread, you can see the outline of the menu link. In this ss, the "link" is trying to take me to My Bookmarks. If i touched further down it signs me out, or takes me to My Threads.. Whatever would be there if the menu was open
    tpMIhzk.png

The thread links are touchable, you just have to be exactly precise when touching them. Considering the menu links are much larger than the thread/forum links, this can be a pain. If I'm off even slightly, then I'll be logged out or sent to the wrong page.
    jbkkNrO.png

A "good" touch.

This only happens when trying to touch a forum link from the top page, or a thread link from a forum page. However it doesnt happen while reading a thread.

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Still getting the black bar over typing area box thing while trying to post issue, which sucks a lot

Updated my ios now

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Mobile page is super bonkers on Vita browser. I figure the vita browser is super low on the priority list, but just letting you guys know in case it helps.
    Do you want a screenshot? It's easier than trying to explain

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    even if the vanilla guys don't care, I'm a little curious

...interesting, the user agent string claims it is running silk, which is amazon's browser for kindle fire, but I found a page claiming it's not really (although it's not lying about webkit at least)

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Still getting the problem with the bottom task bar obscuring the text input box, and also the edit cog is still untappable.

The combination of inevitably making lots of typos / autocorrect fuck ups, being unable to see said typos until I hit post, and then being unable to edit that post to correct them means that I've pretty much stopped making posts on mobile.

Simplest fix would seem to be disabling the bottom task bar when the keyboard is up?

I'm on iPhone 5, Chrome. Both fully updated.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Although not a complete solution, you can tap done on the keyboard and that takes away the black bar. So you can see what you're typing or have typed. When you go back to typing the black bar stays away, which might be a bug in itself as well.

At least that's been working for me.

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Sometimes when I'm typing and the black bar is covering my shit I just keep trying anyways.. then suddenly it has me typing in the search bar

it is very odd

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Odd thing that happens to me occasionally: I'll be making a post while in mobile, then when I'm done I'm booted into desktop mode, for reasons I cannot fathom.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    Annoying bug in the Android 4.4 stock browser (at least in HTC's skinned version of it): the page won't scroll down automatically when I'm entering text in the post field. So my keyboard is entirely obscuring what I'm currently typing. It just won't scroll down any further. It seems similar-ish to Spaffy's issue. Here's what it looks like:

Ay692a6.jpg

The problem is that I can't scroll any further down on the page, so I can't actually see what I'm typing. In the meantime, I'm using davidsdurions' semi-solution of just tapping elsewhere or tapping the back button to hide the keyboard to check that I'm not typing complete nonsense.

On the plus side, switching to the stock browser has brought many performance improvements over Firefox for Android. The mobile site is way more responsive now.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    I get that! I couldn't replicate it often enough to post about it. For me, on my SG3, the bug is not "always" it's "sometimes".

I use Chrome on a stock SG3

Edit: Come to think of it, I can supply some anecdotal details!

It happens when I click the quick reply box, and immediately start typing (because I'm quick and witty like that). I use the stock Swype keyboard. If I start a swype process, as soon as the keyboard flips up, immediately after I've short tapped the text box... It get's all fuckered up like @Cyvos says. My screen even looks similar to his screenshot.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I tried to see if it acts the same in the stock browser if I don't immediately start typing, but no.

Curiously enough, on the same phone, Tint Browser doesn't have the same issue at all. I say 'curiously' because as far as I'm aware, Tint uses WebView, so it should be the same rendering engine as the stock browser.

Edit: Lightning Browser, which I also believe uses WebView, also doesn't have the issue. Buuut it's a bit more sluggish than the stock browser. So maybe HTC has done something funky with their stock 4.4 browser.

Cyvros on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I just wanted to give a hearty thanks to @IcyLiquid -- there have been some really awesome tweaks to the mobile site today! I appreciate it.

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Thanks, I was just the instigator and motivator. Kasper did all the actual work :)@kasperisager‌

• Options
    Yaaaaay much larger touch target for the Edit button :smile:

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Wow, the new agree/awesome/hail hydra buttons look terrific. :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Also like the full thread titles.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I dunno exactly what's changed recently. Posts have boxes around them again? Much bigger reaction buttons and big green numbers. It's making things look really cluttered. Posts with only a line or two of text are lost in all of this other stuff.

• Options
    Also, edit button has stopped working (hence this extra post), and I no longer have thread navigation stuff at the top of the page, only the bottom. Are these deliberate changes? It kind of feels like I'm somehow getting a version of the site from a few updates back. I've tried clearing my cache.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I'm loving the new advancements so far.

One thing that is bugging me more and more though is when go to a thread with new posts, after everything loads, I'm usually not near the next unread post. I end up having to scroll one way or the other.

Using iPhone 5s safari all current updates.

• Options
    Still no proper video embeds on mobile though :(

• Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm also having problems with being unable to play embedded YouTube videos.

I click on it and it turns into this tiny bar and I can't get any further.