As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Day 1 East pin-line meet up.

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    00Fayt00 wrote: »
    SerpicoBC wrote: »
    6:30 would give everyone enough time to carboload for a day of pins.

So, the plan is to grab breakfast somewhere (as a family!) and then queue up around 8 a.m. for an eventual sprint towards the Merch booth at 10?

I thought you could get to the merch booth at 8 or did I read something wrong somewhere?

There are 2 merch booths, it's unsure if all 500 pins will be at one or both, so where we go is technically TBD. Personally I think the expo hall one will get all of them (I hope so at least... it would make life a bit easier). I'd also like to go right to the expo hall so we can hit the merch booth and then jump right into booths with pins to get them out of the way early.

• 00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    The way ive been looking at it is if the pins arent in the merch that opens at 8 youre going to be standing in line wasting Time at ten...But I guess we will see when they announce where they will be. (:

• akl3inakl3in Registered User regular
    Where is the 8 merch booth located?

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure the merch booth lite doesn't open until 10

• darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular

So, the plan is to grab breakfast somewhere (as a family!) and then queue up around 8 a.m. for an eventual sprint towards the Merch booth at 10?

I thought you could get to the merch booth at 8 or did I read something wrong somewhere?

The main merch booth is at the expo hall which opens at 10.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
    darkinfero wrote: »

The main merch booth is at the expo hall which opens at 10.

I understand this...

The thing that I thought Brian said that the pins would probably be at both Merch booths split evenly, with the potential for them being all at the one in the expo hall. I'll try to find the link later where he said that.

• SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    If I recall from last year, the merch booth upstairs doesn't open until 10 either.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah he did say that. And you can probably start lining up for the merch booth 'lite' at 8am-ish once people are let inside, but nobody knows for sure when merch-lite opens or if it will for sure have all the things.

zerzhul wrote: »
    Yeah he did say that. And you can probably start lining up for the merch booth 'lite' at 8am-ish once people are let inside, but nobody knows for sure when merch-lite opens or if it will for sure have all the things.

Fair enough. :). I just figured if I could get into that line early(8am'ish) then I would be able to make it to the other lines faster then if I waited until 10am to line up in the expo hall....that's the goal at least. haha. Of course, it all depends what Brain ends up deciding about where the pins will be.

• akl3inakl3in Registered User regular
    Is the merch lite booth in the expo hall?

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    akl3in wrote: »
    No. The main merch booth is in the expo hall, merch lite is on the 1st floor. http://m.guidebook.com/guide/17939/maps/

No. The main merch booth is in the expo hall, merch lite is on the 1st floor. http://m.guidebook.com/guide/17939/maps/

It's fair to say that at least half will be at the main merch booth. And we know it is opening at 10. So, yes, we'll have to wait, but if we get there right away, we'll get those pins.

It's fair to say that at least half will be at the main merch booth. And we know it is opening at 10. So, yes, we'll have to wait, but if we get there right away, we'll get those pins.

Yes, Brian said that half OR all would be at the Expo Hall booth, we just don't know which yet. My whole thing is that IF they are at the smaller booth too outside of the Expo hall and I can get in line there before ten(when the doors open) then I will probably be able to get mine and to the lines faster then if I lined up in the Expo hall one. It all just depends on 1. If the pins will be split between the two and 2. when the booth outside of the Expo hall starts selling things. :)

• ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular

If the merch booth is in the main lobby again then you do not need to wait in the queue line for the expo hall (unless you want to get to the other merch booth IN the expo hall). Once doors to the BCEC open you can get right in line for the merch booth.

• DiffusionDiffusion Pin Cushion OmahaRegistered User regular
    Alright Im in for breakfast and then heading to whatever merch booth we see fit. Think I'm going to head to bandland after that and claim the 4 pins there, unless we do just raid Leeroy. If we do that, I promise to find some chicken to hopefully bribe him with as well.

Everyone's favorite "Bag of Pinny", Proud member of The Pin Cushions, Prinny hat pinster.

My pins are right here!
    Feel free to send me a trade request!
  • oraclehkroraclehkr Registered User regular
    So, how do we know who to meet up with? I've never met anyone from the forums in person before :(

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    oraclehkr wrote: »
    So, how do we know who to meet up with? I've never met anyone from the forums in person before :(

I shall be wearing the Merch/Flashreaper hat (which side depends on how hungover I am) and being very British. Also, wearing one of these. I will be in Blue (Prime is my home turf now) and NowHiringHenchmen will be in Red. If you are coming to the Westin breakfast we should be easy to spot. As the day goes on, check the Pinnypals twitter for locations and look for us or anyone you met earlier. Organise your own meet-ups if you find someone with overlapping schedules.

That's the plan for the first day. If all goes well I shall post my outfit for Saturday on the Pinnypals twitter. I'm still assembling the pieces.

• Konig WolfKonig Wolf Registered User regular

Perhaps we need a gang signal like a hand sign. Everyone's fine with getting facial tattoos right?

Konig Wolf wrote: »

Perhaps we need a gang signal like a hand sign. Everyone's fine with getting facial tattoos right?

I already have a facial tattoo of the Statue of Liberty beating up a dinosaur, so everyone could just get that too. Then we'll all know who we are.

• surettesurette kill the switch Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I have tattoos, but not on my face. I'll just have to go to PAX shirtless so you can identify me by them.

• NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular
    So...statue of liberty, beating up a dinosaur, while also wearing a lanyard of pins..right? We're doing this..?

• ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Anybody that is after a Strip Search pin may want to swing by and say hello to Amy Falcone. It looks like she still has a few pins for sale or trade, currently at ECCC.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Imsorad wrote: »

If the merch booth is in the main lobby again then you do not need to wait in the queue line for the expo hall (unless you want to get to the other merch booth IN the expo hall). Once doors to the BCEC open you can get right in line for the merch booth.

This is what I plan on doing. Walking over right from the Seaport and getting in line for THIS merch booth. I did that last year.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • GerzzogGerzzog OhioRegistered User regular
    So I may have missed id, but I tried to read all the posts. Has anyone suggested a post PAX trading meet up? There is the pre post line meet up and the PAX sanctioned one on Saturday. I was just curious if there was any interest in meeting up after PAX on Sunday to trade the spoils that we all are getting?

A bunch of us will be meeting in the morning before the line. Trade pins and swap battle stories.
    We have bag check to worry about since most of us will be bringing extra pins. I will have a backpack and other stuff.

My Pin collection
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    darkinfero wrote: »
    A bunch of us will be meeting in the morning before the line. Trade pins and swap battle stories.
    We have bag check to worry about since most of us will be bringing extra pins. I will have a backpack and other stuff.

I won't be taking my trade Pins on the first day precisely because of the bag check. I'll fill up with the East Pins and if anyone has stuff I feel is worth swapping for my trades I will organise something at the end of Day 1 back at the hotel.

Day 2 I will have hidden pockets to squirrel away Pins. I'm hoping by Day 3 there won't be such a queue for bag check.

What do pins have to do with the bag check? Are pins bad?

Gerzzog wrote: »
    After the attack on the Boston marathon the city has been more on top of bag checks in to public locations.
    I remember going thru Sea-tac with all my pinny arcade pins in my back pack. Luckly someone from the TSA knew I came for Pax.
    They will have badge check everyday. I went to Anime boston a few weeks ago and they check everyone's bag. Hynes and the BCEC are owned by the same company.

My Pin collection
  • BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular

Pins should not be a problem for Bag Check. They are looking for weapons. While hitting someone with a full pin lanyard would hurt, its probably not much different then just hitting them with your full bag.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
    Could we set up a groupme or something or is there a twitter that we can tweet to with updates or for meet ups? Would be cool to have a way to contact the group. For example, "I just got pin X and still need pin Y, anyone out there got one for tradsies?"

I just don't want to have to delay my entry. Day 1 I have an empty bag. That should speed things up getting in.

Do you guys think there will be two lines, one for bag people and one for non-baggers?

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Do you guys think there will be two lines, one for bag people and one for non-baggers?

Either two lines or you just pass by if you have no bag once you reach the check point.

edit: Also, I'm not really a part of this meet-up, but my plan is to not even bring a bag. First thing I am doing is waiting at the upstairs merch booth. Getting pins there, running to behemoth, to the last of us, and maybe one or two other places. I'm at the Seaport, so I'll just drop it all off and come back with my backpack and trading pins and everything else.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    I'm following suit with Pedro and not bringing a bag in on Day 1, or at least some sort of mesh bag I can put in my pocket and then just open up when I get in there. I'll have to focus on my trade pins only, or stuff some in my pockets or something, or make trade appointments for later.

• Midas244Midas244 Registered User regular
    I'll have all my pins with me all three days but I'm an enforcer so I'll be coming in early. I'll be staying till Tuesday post PAX and would love to meetup with people after PAX, everyone just want to go to the post PAX board game party and hangout then? Don't have the link (I'm on my phone) but it's at the Westin lobby Sunday night. If you're wearing pins in the lobby I'll find you :)

• Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular
    Not bringing a backpack the first day is a great idea. It looks like it might rain. Is there a good place to line up where you won't get wet if it does rain?

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
    Jake Capps wrote: »
    Not bringing a backpack the first day is a great idea. It looks like it might rain. Is there a good place to line up where you won't get wet if it does rain?

Get there early and be under the big cover I guess.

• Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular
    Ok. It's my first time so I don't know what the set up is like. What's the weather look like? The 10 day forecast is all over the place.

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    I'm trying to get together something for the Thursday night. I know some people are saying "Make it part of the Pokecrawl" or similar, but I would rather it be something that people can dip in and out of. The crawl has a sign up limit, and is a draw for reasons other than Pins. The boardgame evening is more likely, since people can turn up, play games and trade Pins on their own schedule.

What I would like to do is have a couple of meeting points during each day where we can meet up and exchange Pins and information. Nothing major, just a "from 1-2 a few of us will be gathering outside [Theatre], bring Pins and lunch" kind of thing. Turn up for a few minutes or the full hour, and you can add information to the Hivemind and get updated yourself. I'm thinking that if people make a point of asking vendors "how many Pins do you have left?" we can keep rough track and let people know which are close to running out.

I love this idea, has this been setup?? Is there a schedule or a way for us to know when this is going down?

edited April 2014
    Saw the tentative schedule on a previous page. lol. So is everyone going to just use The twitter for contacts and updates or was there a final decision for how to communicate?

Gerzzog on