As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

APRIL F...

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Vic wrote: »
    I'm genuinely curious about what the appeal of the Klingons is. Admittedly I have only really seen TNG, but in nearly every episode they appeared in they behaved like brutish, crude thugs, Worf being the exception.

All their talk about honor just adds hipocrisy to the list of reasons I dislike them.

because you haven't known Shakespeare until you've read him in the original Klingon is why

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    Pranks are fun

They are the spice of life

But by god, be sure of what you are doing

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Everyone should heed Tasteicle for he is the prankmaster

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    Pranks are fun

They are the spice of life

But by god, be sure of what you are doing

My friend once switched his roommate's box spring and mattress. The roommate jumped on to his bed and was unsurprisingly very pissed to find out what was beneath him. He stormed out of the house and didn't come back for like a month.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Everyone should heed Tasteicle for he is the prankmaster

Pictured, Tasteicle?

$T2eC16RHJIkE9qU3kW0gBQUIRb52-Q~~60_35.JPG

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I tend to like pranks that just mildly inconvenience people

like putting a post-it over the laser on their mouse

or doing that thing where you screenshot the desktop then make that screenshot the wallpaper and hide the icons and task bar

I don't like pranks the make people afraid, or worried, or hurt, or embarrass them in public

• Options
    I just pulled one off at work for April fools

I bought everyone on my floor donuts

All I did was write "Happy April Fools" on the top of the box

Nobody touched them the whole day, they usually last about 10 minutes

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Tasteicle every now and then I think of the gay sunrise and it still cracks me up every time. Even though it was really a failed prank. It is one of my favourite things in this world.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Ah yes

In which I chickened out on what could have been my master stroke

Tasteticle on

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Give us the deets

• Options

• Options
    edited April 2014
    I just pulled one off at work for April fools

I bought everyone on my floor donuts

All I did was write "Happy April Fools" on the top of the box

Nobody touched them the whole day, they usually last about 10 minutes

There was something about this that I think I may have enjoyed more than any other joke I pulled

It was the tangible, visible, mental back and forth this caused in people

I work with people that could add "addicted to sugar" under the skills portion of their resume

I watched grown men stand in front of these donuts in complete silence for minutes before walking away

Weighing their options

They want that donut more than anything. But what if????

Tasteticle on

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    "Okay, you know how some people like to collect stamps?"

I am dead, this killed me

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Gotta say, the box of Donut Potential Danger is subtle and brilliant at the same time.

May I steal that one for next year?

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    If I might make a subtle addition:
    Put a wrapper for a bottle of ExLax visibly on the top of the garbage.

• Options
    Gotta say, the box of Donut Potential Danger is subtle and brilliant at the same time.

oh geeze, do whatever you want. I am super not the first person to come up with this idea.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Dronus86Dronus86 Now with cheese!Registered User regular
    @Tasteticle‌

Given all the stories you've told on these forums, I would legitimately watch a movie about your life

I'd probably even rewatch it a few times later

Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.
    Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »

One hundred and forty five Awesomes.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Tell the one about your dad making the blowjob pantomime at Thanksgiving dinner again, Uncle Tasteticle!

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    That is pretty fantastic, but I am eagerly awaiting the payoff for the Secret Santa Gift Exchange long con he has going.

@Tasteticle is truly the prank master

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »

One hundred and forty five Awesomes.

Excuse me, 148...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    If I was going to learn a nerd language it'd probably be dothraki.

But learning a fictional language when I can't even speak a second real language seems like the most fantastic waste of life.

I know how to read and write both Dwarven and Elvish. In my defense I learned in high school when I had nothing better going on and I can't pronounce and of the words out loud correctly

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    One year my sister snuck into my room in the dead of night and tied all of the cloths together in knots

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular

Yeah, I'm gonna have to remember to do that one too.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    So my alma mater stood against racism today, everybody wore white (which seems odd to me, but it wasn't my idea, so whatever)

And what's the very first thing some joker posts on the article reporting on it?
    Every White country on the planet is forced to become multicultural and multiracial.
    Every White country is ordered to 'assimilate' its own race and culture to oblivion.

No 'anti-racists' demand that of ANY non-White country. It's genocide.

These anti-whites claim to be 'anti-racist', but their actions result in the genocide of only one race, my race, White people. The true goal of immigration and assimilation is to wipe out my race.

Anti-racist is a code word for anti-White.

Just... I just want this person to not exist. I don't want them to die, because I don't support violence, I just want for them to have never been born.

• Options
    So my alma mater stood against racism today, everybody wore white (which seems odd to me, but it wasn't my idea, so whatever)

And what's the very first thing some joker posts on the article reporting on it?
    Every White country on the planet is forced to become multicultural and multiracial.
    Every White country is ordered to 'assimilate' its own race and culture to oblivion.

No 'anti-racists' demand that of ANY non-White country. It's genocide.

These anti-whites claim to be 'anti-racist', but their actions result in the genocide of only one race, my race, White people. The true goal of immigration and assimilation is to wipe out my race.

Anti-racist is a code word for anti-White.

Just... I just want this person to not exist. I don't want them to die, because I don't support violence, I just want for them to have never been born.

I don't need anything but passage on a merchant ship and one-thousand-USD.

I'll just convince him to swim with some sharks.

Honestly, I can talk anyone into a dare.

• Options
    Then you know what you must do

Invent a time machine

And go back and cock-block their father

• Options

Invent a time machine

It's your kids, Marty!

They turn out to be somewhat passable!

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    Vic wrote: »
    I'm genuinely curious about what the appeal of the Klingons is. Admittedly I have only really seen TNG, but in nearly every episode they appeared in they behaved like brutish, crude thugs, Worf being the exception.

All their talk about honor just adds hipocrisy to the list of reasons I dislike them.

because you haven't known Shakespeare until you've read him in the original Klingon is why

Klingons ain't no Jaffa, I tell you what.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Invent a time machine

Thatd just make him the father

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    chromdom wrote: »
    Tell the one about your dad making the blowjob pantomime at Thanksgiving dinner again, Uncle Tasteticle!

sure, son
    also TONIGHT

oh god TONIGHT

we decided to treat him to dinner, and his fav food is BBQ honey garlic sausages

so we all get together at my grandmothers house, and prepare this meal, along with salad

my mom only has salad and explains that "Oh..I like the taste of sausage, it's just how it feels in my mouth...I don't like it"

I am sitting across from my dad

so he looks up at me, does the "blow job" motion with his hand and mouth, makes a shrug, and shakes his head "NOPE" and just goes back to eating

I am just sitting there wide eyed, still staring at him, trying to give myself a stroke

• Options
    oh god that was four years ago whose hands are these

• Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited April 2014

oh geeze, do whatever you want. I am super not the first person to come up with this idea.

http://i.imgur.com/tFxwG2P.jpg

Yours?

Scooter on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    The only sort of internet prank I really hate on April 1st is the "Hey look at this rad and cool thing OH WAIT IT DOESN'T EXIST HAHA"

See, I like those, but I don't like "We're closing down/getting bought out!" I obviously don't believe them, I just don't find it very funny.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    The only sort of internet prank I really hate on April 1st is the "Hey look at this rad and cool thing OH WAIT IT DOESN'T EXIST HAHA"

See, I like those, but I don't like "We're closing down/getting bought out!" I obviously don't believe them, I just don't find it very funny.

Remember when Good Old Games did that as a promotional stunt?

And it wasn't even April Fools?

That was...an ill-advised prank on their part.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

Remember when Good Old Games did that as a promotional stunt?

And it wasn't even April Fools?

That was...an ill-advised prank on their part.

Am I the only person who thought it was fucking hilarious when they did that? People getting buttmad about it was pretty hilarious too, especially the ones that still haven't gotten over it.

JtgVX0H.png