As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So apparently The Winter Soldier is a pretty COOL [Superhero Movie]

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Finally I can click all these damned spoilers.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I'm never gonna make it to Tuesday am I? Damn your tempting blue-ness!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Keith wrote: »
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Kyougu wrote: »
    This week's Arrow was balls to the wall awesome. Twist after twist after twist
    I really hope Deathstroke isn't killed off at the end of this season because Slade is such a magnificent dick. Although I guess it'd be easy enough to bring him back of they did "kill" him.

Also, give Roy a costume already!

There's a new spoilerific picture making the rounds

DO NOT READ SPOILER UNLESS YOU REALLY WANT TO BE SPOILED FOR FUTURE EPISODES
    Isabella dressed as Ravager, aka Deathstroke's daughter in the comics.

Yeah I saw that
    Of course I know who Ravager is!

I don't think she's going to be Slade's daughter. He's not much older than her, and he's previously only mentioned his son Joseph (Jericho).

I don't remember this. When?
    Shortly after he met Oliver in the flashbacks.

I'm glad someone else remembered this
    Well, I didn't remember, but after she talked about the sins of the father passing down to the son, I checked and tried to see if Slade had mentioned children of his.

I wonder if maybe that line wasn't referring to Oliver's family, and the Ravager thing is a red herring?
    I'm calling it's Queen Sr.'s daughter out of wedlock.

Also,
    Slade seems to be Grade A insane at this point. I liked the confession that he tried to just forget about the Island, and let bygones be bygones, but he literally has a hallucination of Shado showing up every 10 minutes telling him to kill Ollie horribly.

I kinda legit feel bad for him now
    I was thinking that maybe being part of the plan to literally destroy half a city wasn't the only thing Oliver's father was complicit in, and that she might be a victim of that
    from the Arrow wiki
    It is implied that she knew Robert and Moira Queen previously and had a bad relationship with them, as in "City of Heroes", Moira warns Oliver to be careful with her because she "cannot be trusted", and she is dangerous. This is reaffirmed in "The Scientist", when Moira implies that Oliver working with Isabel shows that he is not the best judge of character.

She's also seen on The List in the pilot.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Okay that was damned good

I also love how this movie uses the DC area properly, which is damn rare among action films
    little details like how that run Falcon's taking in the opening scene actually follows a logical path, or how they completely avoid the Mall and monuments otherwise (let's be honest, a lot of media can't get away from the damn places), but don't hesitate to use downtown roads during the firefights and chases. Edit: oh and they got the traffic density just right besides on a few bridge shots.

also the veterans' affairs stuff is reminiscent of a lot of people in the DC area who I know

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    So I just I watched the Tahiti episode of Shield and well,

Whatthehellwasthatbluethingholycrap

Ducking autocorrect

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Saw the new ASM2 trailer before TWS. I want to see that.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »
    So I just I watched the Tag it episode of Shield and well,

Comments by the actors indicate
    Real spoilers
    it's Kree

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    FYI, you can watch the Marvel episode of Project Runway now here: http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/under-the-gunn/video/full-episodes

The guy who gets Captain Marvel is an idiot.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    FYI, you can watch the Marvel episode of Project Runway now here: http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/under-the-gunn/video/full-episodes

What happens?

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Real spoilers
    it's Kree
    damn, they're who Captain Marvel gets her powers from right?

Is Skye going to be Captain Marvel. ..

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Real spoilers
    it's Kree

The Kree are responsible for more then giving Cap her powers.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options

Real spoilers
    it's Kree

The Kree are responsible for more then giving Cap her powers.

Cool!

I wasn't being totally serious though

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    goddamit I need to stop clicking this thread

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options

What happens?

The guy who gets Hawkeye got all sucked into Matt Fraction's Hawkeye comic, it's pretty great.

The guy who gets Captain Marvel makes a really weird design incorporating camo, because of her military background, and rips, because her costume is ripped on the cover of her comic (??)

• Options
    VisskarVisskar Registered User regular
    Everybody read Secret Warriors. Go on, I'll wait here 'til you're done.

It's one of the only series that survived a comic purge I did 2 years ago when I needed the cash, and one of my go to series when I'm out of things to read.

The other is Hickman's Fantastic Four/FF run.

I guess I just love Hickman's long arcs!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    It seems like I am literally the only person in the world who thought they were trying to imply that Captain America is gay.

• Options
    Thorn413Thorn413 Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    It seems like I am literally the only person in the world who thought they were trying to imply that Captain America is gay.

I think the idea was to show that he is still pretty uncomfortable with modern society in some ways, or that he just doesn't feel capable/safe with having that kind of emotional connection to someone.

I mean the romantic subplot from his last movie ended up pretty damn tragic.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    This dumb fucking planet

People hear what they want to hear

It's why fucking con artists like homeopathy and jenny mccarthy and all that bullshit gets play

And it's the woooorst

What happens?

The guy who gets Hawkeye got all sucked into Matt Fraction's Hawkeye comic, it's pretty great.

The guy who gets Captain Marvel makes a really weird design incorporating camo, because of her military background, and rips, because her costume is ripped on the cover of her comic (??)

You should take a screenshot

I don't feel like watching through project runway for this but I still wanna see

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    I didn't think I was coming up with some wild and crazy interpretation either, I thought that was in the text. Just me apparently.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »

Wow, Tony looks weird with facial hair only on his chin. I knew it was coming out but I didn't realize it premiered recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_0Pdb97Mjc

Anyone here know enough Japanese to translate what's going on?

• Options

nextwave07p08.jpg

• Options
    Thorn413Thorn413 Registered User regular
    edited April 2014

nextwave07p08.jpg

It does make decent sense: they do have a lot of scenes that involve Cap being uncomfortable around/about women, he makes a pretty strong connection with another man fairly quickly, and there is a big emotional hook for him with the whole Bucky thing.

Edit: I mean I don't think that was the intention, but I can see it.

Thorn413 on
  • Options

You mean you and all of Tumblr

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Man Monica just cause Steve doesn't make a pass doesn't mean he's gay. Dude's just polite!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Thorn413 wrote: »

nextwave07p08.jpg

It does make decent sense: they do have a lot of scenes that involve Cap being uncomfortable around/about women, he makes a pretty strong connection with another man fairly quickly, and there is a big emotional hook for him with the whole Bucky thing.
    except, he asked Sharon out on a date and was pretty clearly in love with Peggy and was heartbroken when he saw her.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I don't think its to terribly crazy an interpretation but I'm also pretty sure that
    "Still uncomfortable?

Not Exactly the word I'd use"

Was a joke about Cap, ehem, raising the flag of freedom to Black Widow.

Quire.jpg
  • Options

What happens?

You should take a screenshot

I don't feel like watching through project runway for this but I still wanna see

Kay, here's the outfits:
    nN232DK.png

fCrN5r8.png

VHWsxTJ.png

7zLmYuJ.png

• Options
    Cap 2 spoilers
    I'm pretty sure he's a virgin, and he's still hung up on Peggy, which would explain his awkwardness I think.

The first movie shows he's clearly interested in girls though

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Cap being gay would be interesting but I don't think he is

or they don't seem to be going in that direction anyway

• Options
    Hawkeye the one that remotely resembles the inspiration.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    The 90-Year-Old Virgin

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    It like every single one of them said fuck this super hero stuff im doing my own shit

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Hawkeye the one that remotely resembles the inspiration.

I think that guy was definitely inspired by Aja's art. He's the only designer that they showed actually sitting down and reading the comics instead of just skimming through them.

0mxInxF.png

• Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    The Falcon one is pretty cool. It's similar colours to the image, and the trailing tail gives an impression of wings.

• Options
    I'm basically echoinh what others have said, I would be totally fine with Steve being gay but I don't think movie Steve is or is heavily implied to be gay.he has a close friendship with Bucky sure but he has had a female love interest before and expresses interest in other women.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

You mean you and all of Tumblr

I wouldn't visit Tumblr if it was a condition of my parole.

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I'm basically echoinh what others have said, I would be totally fine with Steve being gay but I don't think movie Steve is or is heavily implied to be gay.he has a close friendship with Bucky sure but he has had a female love interest before and expresses interest in other women.

I'm also conscious of the fact that saying "oh man those two guys have a loving friendship what a pair of queers" is kind of a gauche thing people do. I don't know, maybe if I watched it again I'd feel differently.

• Options
    Tumblr's not that bad

there's definitely bad parts of it, but those aren't that hard to avoid

• Options
    So Axel Alonso had a few interesting tidbits of post-Original Sin stuff:
    There might be 6 new ongoings, one of which is confirmed to be Deathlok
    The three existing ongoings that are being radically changed will be comparable to Superior Spider-Man in terms of how different they are
    There is a "very real chance" we will see Pepper Potts as Rescue again soon
    Waid is bringing back Emil Blonsky Abomination in the Hulk relaunch

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I'm wondering if MCU Nick Fury is as old as the comics version
    they say in Iron Man 2 that he knew Howard Stark and Tony was really surprised, and I kinda thought that was a hint in that direction, but it hasn't come up since so... I guess not

This discussion has been closed.