As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] 14th of March 2014: Motive

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited March 2014 in The Penny Arcade Hub
Tube on

• Options
    trickcyclisttrickcyclist Registered User regular
    Studies show that the sublime joy of creation can sustain an artist for up to 3 weeks. It tastes like chicken.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    First no comic in the OP, now no defined discussion subject.

I might soon be time to take Dog out back.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Khoo comics are the best comics.

• Options
    NijhazerNijhazer Sunnyvale, CARegistered User regular
    Well, at least this comic is honest.

• Options
    DoctorEarsDoctorEars Registered User regular
    This feels like the type of comic you just know was an actual conversation. Khoo's expression in panel three is priceless.

• Options
    SKOoOTASKOoOTA Ascot Vale, Australia.Registered User regular
    Hahaha The Evil Eye Of Khoo!!!! Seen that look before.

• Options
    TFXRavenTFXRaven Galactic Emperor Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    Haha, oh my god.

• Options
    tgbennett30tgbennett30 Registered User regular
    Robert "The Joker" Khoo - "If you're good at something, why do it for free???" :-P

• Options
    RunningmanRunningman Registered User regular
    Lesser men are turned to stone by the withering gaze of Khoo.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Stern Khoo is best Khoo.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Also, Dog is on the fritz. I think it's time to bring back our Geth Overlord.

• Options
    AntonNULAntonNUL Registered User regular
    Oh, Robert, you will always make sure Mike and Jerry will be able to feed their young with your unheard of methods of making money out of anything.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Looks like there might be a bloody leadership Khoo in the near future

• Options
    MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    This might be in my top ten favorite strips of all time. I hope there's a 4th Panel for this.

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Yeah, Gabe can't be Khoo-ped up forever.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Yeah, Gabe can't be Khoo-ped up forever.

I view that action going in the totally opposite direction<grin>.

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    oh god, Khoo, what's wrong with your right arm... it's so much longer than your left.

Also, you have really weird forearms.

anyways, this coming is priceless, as is this tweet from esadsad.

• Options
    SlothboySlothboy Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    oh god, Khoo, what's wrong with your right arm... it's so much longer than your left.

Also, you have really weird forearms.

Clearly Khoo is a close cousin to Elasti-girl. His annoyance caused his arm to begin to elongate in preparation for the slap to the back of the head he is about to deliver to Gabe.

Slothboy on
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    the Khoo is displeased.

• Options
    status253status253 puyallupRegistered User regular
    Is it just me or does the font change about halfway through the post today?

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    status253 wrote: »
    They are both Helvetica, but the later part is bolded. I pasted it into Word, I can't tell fronts apart to save my life.

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    RottonappleRottonapple Registered User regular
    Well, let's hope Gabe makes a news post today with a link to whatever this Thornwatch creation was.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    status253 wrote: »
    Jerry started feeling very bold about halfway through typing the newspost.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Runningman wrote: »
    Lesser men are turned to stone by the withering gaze of Khoo.
    He is a laser that you don't want pointed at you.

sig.gif
  • Options
    trident042trident042 Registered User regular
    Tycho newsposted: »
    Live on Xbox One can be very sensitive to NAT shit.
    This is... not new news. Xbox Live has and forever will be plagued by the mysterious forces of NAT, whatever the hell they are (no, listen; I worked for Comcast and I still don't know what that shit actually factually is) and this is why my home network is open as can be save for MAC filtering and a disguised SSID. (Granted, were my neighbors more tech savvy, I would likely need to reconsider this lack of security features. Thankfully, I live where people pronounce the device immodeum, and their hope is that magical ISP faeries grant them internet access through it and its cohort Mozzerella Foxfire.)

This signature now left intentionally blank.
  • Options
    DratatooDratatoo Registered User regular
    NAT - Network Adress Translation. In the case of Xbox Live the data routing from your public IP (usually your router has one) to the machine in your private (home) network - XBox. It's the "translation" of data so it can pass through different networks. XBox live needs certain ports (communication channels) to be open in order to establish a connection. In an ideal scenario the router and the Xbox negotiate and the router opens the ports and you can use all Live services. You can also configure the router to always direct the Live communication to your Xbox (port forwarding).

If these ports aren't available then alternate, open ports are used. Then, esoteric things can happen for example: you are unable to connect to certain games, users are unable to connect to your game, you cannot group chat - or only with specific people, etc.

There are lots of cases one cannot fully configure the network devices (dorm network, shared network, mobile network) - so you are stuck with a botched Live service.

• Options
    WarforgedRusWarforgedRus Registered User regular
    Khoooooooon!
    I blame Khoo for the site being all about pins and dropping Ben and gaming news. Though I know there were other reasons - just easier to blame Moneymasta Khoo.

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Birthday comic - and it's my favourite for a while!

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Dratatoo wrote: »
    NAT - Network Adress Translation. In the case of Xbox Live the data routing from your public IP (usually your router has one) to the machine in your private (home) network - XBox. It's the "translation" of data so it can pass through different networks. XBox live needs certain ports (communication channels) to be open in order to establish a connection. In an ideal scenario the router and the Xbox negotiate and the router opens the ports and you can use all Live services. You can also configure the router to always direct the Live communication to your Xbox (port forwarding).

If these ports aren't available then alternate, open ports are used. Then, esoteric things can happen for example: you are unable to connect to certain games, users are unable to connect to your game, you cannot group chat - or only with specific people, etc.

There are lots of cases one cannot fully configure the network devices (dorm network, shared network, mobile network) - so you are stuck with a botched Live service.

A couple years ago without any intervention on my part my XBOX declared my NAT to be moderate instead of open and I was never able to get it to go back.
    It's never caused me any problems, but I have a friend who has all sorts of weird issues with Live.
    It signs him completely out of Live whenever he launches a game. He is completely unable to be in a party with one of our other friends unless someone else is there. It doesn't matter who starts the party, as long as there's at least those two guys + 1. If that last extra person leaves, the party instantly falls apart. This has persisted for a couple years, through multiple xboxes, ISPs, and residences in different parts of the country for both of them.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    delunddelund Registered User new member
    man that guy it's totally me! same face same beard same hair cut! awesome!