As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2014 Parties

• grayfawkesgrayfawkes Registered User regular
    Just got my nvidia confirmation!

Nice! Me too!

PAX East 2015:
    3 Single Day Passes [x]
    Hotel [x]
    Flights [x]
    Packed []
    Excitement[x]
    ————————————
    PAX East 12'
    PAX East 13'
    PAX East 14'
    PAX East 15'
  • pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular
    My friends got their NVIDIA confirmation, but I haven't received anything yet. Hoping that it's just on it's way...

• KumaKuma Registered User regular
    Nvidia confirmed. See? it all worked out

f7v9h.jpg
    My friends got their NVIDIA confirmation, but I haven't received anything yet. Hoping that it's just on it's way...

If you used Gmail, its under promotions

f7v9h.jpg
    Kuma wrote: »

If you used Gmail, its under promotions

Just checked, it's not there, and it's not in my spam folder either. Now I'm worried.

• JayDfromMAJayDfromMA MARegistered User regular
    Yeah I didn't get one either. Oh well....

• scosner56scosner56 Registered User regular
    I got my Nvidia confirmation today, my buddy did not...hopefully it'll come.

scosner56 wrote: »
    I got my Nvidia confirmation today, my buddy did not...hopefully it'll come.

This. This annoys me to no end. Basically throws a wrench in the plans of groups of people. Fingers crossed that it's just on it's way.

Does anyone remember if the registration said non-transferable invites or not?

• Veive257Veive257 Registered User regular
    gmail here, nothing yet.. :(

• xenardxenard Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I got nada
    Never mind just got it

xenard on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
    So...just found something rather interesting. Not confirmed/additional details yet, but:

April 10th
    PAX East: Dtoid’s ROBOT
    09:00 PM - 01:00 am
    Guilt

April 11th
    PAX East: Twitch Party
    9:00 PM - 01:00 AM
    Underbar

Via DJ R3Y Guti3rr3z's event page: http://r3yguti3rr3z.com/?page_id=191

• ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    NVidia confirmation was in my yahoo junk folder, same thing for my DH.

• discofruitdiscofruit Registered User regular
    Veive257 wrote: »
    gmail here, nothing yet.. :(
    ditto.

• DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    NVidia for both Wife and I... woot

• rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    do you think anymore parties will be annouced or u think this is prob it

anymore thoughts on this I checked guilt's personal site and does not talk about events at all like this
    So...just found something rather interesting. Not confirmed/additional details yet, but:

April 10th
    PAX East: Dtoid’s ROBOT
    09:00 PM - 01:00 am
    Guilt

April 11th
    PAX East: Twitch Party
    9:00 PM - 01:00 AM
    Underbar

Via DJ R3Y Guti3rr3z's event page: http://r3yguti3rr3z.com/?page_id=191

anyone who get a sanshee ticket want to sell it to me just went to get one and the one i wanted was sold out. Not sure if I want to drop 30.00 on a ticket

edited April 2014
    Keep your eyes and ears open when at a booth, almost every both for a game not yet released has a party, but some are invite only and the booth staff does not let everyone know, just those they see as future customers. If you have a genuine interest in the product, ask questions, and if they seem like intelligent questions by someone sincerely interested in the game, you will probably get 2-3 party invites you never knew existed. Most are low key meet and greats but those are the ones where the drinks and swag flow freely, since they have an interest in you as a customer and potential marketer to talk to your friends about what you learned. If you walk up to every booth and say whens the party, you will be told there is not one. They have little interest in people who are only looking for free drinks and 60000 people a day are trying to leech drinks. Even if you don't get a party invite, you will get more booth swag by being interested then by saying what you got for me. Last year one game that had a relatively minor presence pulled me aside and basically filled my backpack with swag from under a table others did not even know existed

Dolarrah on
    lol

• ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    rascrush wrote: »
    anyone who get a sanshee ticket want to sell it to me just went to get one and the one i wanted was sold out. Not sure if I want to drop 30.00 on a ticket

I missed that too. Probably just do the $10 tix and take my chances.

ya the issue I have with that is you have to wait in line though not to crazy about that idea

ya the issue I have with that is you have to wait in line though not to crazy about that idea

Not crazy about waiting in lines ? PAX Lines make Disney lines look short. Expect and embrace the lines. If you are an introvert who stands in and line and says nothing to anyone, you are in for a very long weekend. Talk to your neighbor about a game. Bring snacks to share. Have a little game handy. If you don't have to wait 30 minutes minimum in a line to see something, there is a reason no one else is waiting.

No I am mostly talking about waiting outside in the cold in a line for the party lol. I understand I prob will at the actual convention. I will have my vita with me and though I have never really played any card games I am willing to try and learn

Dolarrah wrote: »

Not crazy about waiting in lines ? PAX Lines make Disney lines look short. Expect and embrace the lines. If you are an introvert who stands in and line and says nothing to anyone, you are in for a very long weekend. Talk to your neighbor about a game. Bring snacks to share. Have a little game handy. If you don't have to wait 30 minutes minimum in a line to see something, there is a reason no one else is waiting.

Mario Kart 7 and Pokemon X/Y are vital.

f7v9h.jpg
  • WolfieeWolfiee Web/Graphic Designer and Illustrator MARegistered User regular
    Totally unimpressed with the parties this year

0CsmwYt.jpg
    Badges [ ] Hotel [ ] Complete Pixelist.net [x] Excitement [x]
  • LadyLoveMonsterLadyLoveMonster Registered User regular
    Welp, a Twitch party has been announced to be at Underbar on Friday. Not too many details other than that atm.

http://r3yguti3rr3z.com/?event=pax-east-twitch-party

• upstateny-danupstateny-dan Registered User regular
    Welp, a Twitch party has been announced to be at Underbar on Friday. Not too many details other than that atm.

Ugh another friday party lol

Ugh another friday party lol

I know right? As if that night wasn't packed with parties as it is.

Wolfiee wrote: »
    Totally unimpressed with the parties this year

I think most of that comes from Curse not happening. That coupled with few games with major announcements timed around the event make the outlook bleak, but I am sure the something will rise to the top like last years ESO which was a late entry into the announcements. Personally I am thinking the party to beat will be Infinate Crisis.

• EscoBladesEscoBlades Product Marketing Manager at Ubisoft Registered User regular

Friday is CRAZY packed!

tHBv9m5.png
    Product Marketing Manager on Watch Dogs: Legion
    Youtube | Twitter
    is that twitch party for sure happining when I searched this guys stuff and the bar nothing showed up. That is my leading party for friday anyone know if it for sure is happining

nothing is on the underbar website about this party

• chellerschellers New HampshireRegistered User regular
    We still don't have Saturday party plans. We were thinking of giving our livers a break and checking out the laser Beatles show at the MOS.

The big parties are always Saturday night, Curse always headlined and I think a lot of party planners did not want to compete with that because its like a minor league team playing the MLB All-stars. Unless you get lucky, you will loose to Curse. I cant think of a year where Friday looked so good and Saturday looked like staying in and watching an "On Demand" movie Saturday does not look horrible, it just looks like the NFL Pro Bowl, where all the Great Player opt out.

is that twitch party for sure happining when I searched this guys stuff and the bar nothing showed up. That is my leading party for friday anyone know if it for sure is happining

That's the only information I saw for now.

Im really hoping at this point for a Sunday party that goes on after PAX closes

f7v9h.jpg
  • THEFADEDONETHEFADEDONE South DakotaRegistered User regular
    DAMN... Really wanted to goto the Nividia one... :(

• VictoryofthepplVictoryoftheppl Community Outreach Coordinator @ Gamers Outreach Registered User regular
    Regarding the Dtoid Party:

Spoke to a reliable source, apparently they had something set up but those plans fell through. So, I don't think that party is happening, that or they really want to get the function as private as possible.

MEfw2yy.png

Team [E] <3
    Kuma wrote: »
    Im really hoping at this point for a Sunday party that goes on after PAX closes

Company run Sunday parties are very rare if only because they all want to go home at that point.

• Paxman90Paxman90 Registered User regular
    I havent gotten a NVIDIA confirmation yet either. Boo :(

I'm not even gonna be able to make the Saturday parties either...so Friday will have to be even more epic!