As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Ambition, self-improvement, DREAMS

But you can call meBut you can call me Grand Divina AngelaRegistered User regular
A thread for talking about the things you want out of life, and what you're doing to make it happen!

I've always wanted to learn how to skateboard, but never actually took any steps to achieve that goal until yesterday. My fear of failure, or just not being as good at things as I want to be, has stopped me from going after things I want for basically my whole life. But that's shitty and I'm tired of it, so I bought a skateboard!

2vwxoug.jpg

It's fucking awesome! I spent a bunch of time last night falling on my ass, and it was the most fun I've had in forever. I'm super proud of myself.

So I want to hear about all the rad shit you guys want to do, have done, and are working towards!

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    One day Im gonna lock myself in a room for a week and learn to play piano again.

Before that I actually want to write one of the book ideas I have.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I just buzzed my head and am currently experiencing the post-buzz buzz.

The world is my oyster for at least another 30 minutes.

• But you can call meBut you can call me Grand Divina Angela Registered User regular
    Shaving your head is a surprisingly fun experience.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I've only had smoked oysters from a can.

Never a proper fresh oyster.

Those seem terrifying.

The world is my smoked oyster from a can.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    I got a buzzcut once on accident(stylist don't know how to use clippers) and wouldn't go further

I draw every day now. I think I'm getting better, it's hard to tell some times.

• HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    One day I want to avenge my murdered parents by becoming a masked vigilante who fights criminals by donning a fearsome persona and going ninja on their asses.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »

Those seem terrifying.

Fresh Oysters taste like somebody had a super bad cold, and coughed up a big gob of phlegm into a shotglass full of seawater.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Some time in the next few years I want to make the transition to a professional portraitist. Not kidding.

ok maybe still do a few robot things to pay the bills.

#pipe wrote: »

Those seem terrifying.

Fresh Oysters taste like somebody had a super bad cold, and coughed up a big gob of phlegm into a shotglass full of seawater.

Mmm.

Their aphrodisiac qualities are becoming quite apparent.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Right now, I just want to buy a house and finish getting my degree.

Buying a house sucks, its a pain in the ass.

• TaskmanTaskman Registered User regular
    I would like to find out what brings me happiness, then do it as a job. Something other than 'wrapped in a duvet playing Minecrift', that is. I don't think that pays yet.

uGn5f.png
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Funny - I wanted to shave my head bald but my wife has completely shut down the idea.

On our dreams - our current goal is to get rid of our past debt, improve our credit scores and get a house. So far this year we've paid off two credit card debts that had gotten into the court system. Once we get rid of the last few skeletons (like an old Verizon bill, stuff like that) we're going to work on the IRS bill. I think we'll be buying a house by next summer and that feels pretty awesome.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    You get some ads on that duvet and you can make some serious cash.

i'm not telling any of you lot any more of my dreams, because you'll steal them.

then sell them, and live fat off the profits.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    So this year I started coaching a roller derby team.

Our league is pretty serious, we have 5 or 6 skaters in our league on Team Canada and our allstars are ranked among the top 40 teams in the world.

I love derby, and I adore my team, but this is the first serious coaching role I've had and it's been an insanely steep learning curve.

This past Saturday we had our house team season opener - basically our first bout within our league.

10177943_10152302066315873_5461074588108997072_n.jpg

We came back from an early 50 point deficit to tie the game in the 2nd half. In the final jam, the last minute of play, we were 4 points behind, and if our jammer got out of the pack first, basically took possession in that last minute, we probably would have won.

It never felt like a loss. So many of my skaters said I had a whole lot to do with our success, especially grooming the 7 rookies we played that night. (the other team only played 4 rookies, and also they played 3 of the aforementioned All Stars. We have none.)

I love doing this, and now that I've got a rad new job, my number one goal for this year is to keep my team improving, and to take that damn championship.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014

That and stream your minecrafting on Twitch. I learned the other week that people actually pay to watch other people play video games, and surprising amounts in some cases. It actually made me feel old, I had such a hard time wrapping my brain around how much this one guy was getting in donations to play a game with a mic and camera on.

UnbrokenEva on
    edited April 2014
    Fearghaill wrote: »

The other that and stream your minecrafting on Twitch. I learned the other week that people actually pay to watch other people play video games, and surprising amounts in some cases. It actually made me feel old, I had such a hard time wrapping my brain around how much this one guy was getting in donations to play a game with a mic and camera on.

That's my new goal this year - I want to be a high paid Youtube Superstar Phenomenon like all the people my son watches play Minecraft. Is there a Dummies book on that yet?

Lindsay Lohan on
    Seems like Lindsey Lohan playing Minecraft kind of sells itself.

Fearghaill wrote: »

The other that and stream your minecrafting on Twitch. I learned the other week that people actually pay to watch other people play video games, and surprising amounts in some cases. It actually made me feel old, I had such a hard time wrapping my brain around how much this one guy was getting in donations to play a game with a mic and camera on.

That's my new goal this year - I want to be a high paid Youtube Superstar Phenomenon like all the people my son watches play Minecraft. Is there a Dummies book on that yet?

I think the secret with YouTube is to affect a high pitched voice, scream constantly, and make a lot of rape jokes.

The twitch streamer I saw making mad $$$ was actually a nice, well-spoken guy which made it sting a lot less.

tynic wrote: »
    Seems like Lindsey Lohan playing Minecraft kind of sells itself.

It'd be like My Drunk Kitchen only she'd make houses and shit instead of macaroni and cheese

I could probably do that. So far, here is my business plan.

A.) Come up with a wacky name with Lindsey Lohan and Minecraft in the title
    B.) Figure out how to record gameplay sessions
    C.) Select a drink for that night
    D.) Select a project for the night
    E.) Drink while building said project
    F.) Profit?

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    @#pipe I find that really heartwarming.

Recently, I have been having hypnopompic nightmares involving things eating my feet while some other shadowy being just crouches in the corner of my room and watches.

That's my only noteworthy tangentially related dream thing.

Someday I'll have some real life goals and ambitions.

Someday.

And then the world will burn.

I think we're all safer if your dreams stay in your head, Chico.

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I have no goals or dreams, and if I did I'd be too lazy to pursue them anyway.

JtgVX0H.png
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I really want a better paying job. As far as expensive luxuries go, I have very inexpensive tastes, so it doesn't take much to leave me content, but if I can live at the meager standard I set while being able to save each month, I'm extremely happy.

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    I also like to skate some

I had a bit of a nightmare last night, which in and of itself is odd because I can't remember the last time I had a dream of any sort.

I always have stupid dreams when I'm stressed. Last night it was about playing chess with live smurfs. Then today I bought a pack of gummy smurfs, and ate them. Coincidence???

(yes).

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I quit drinking about a month ago. Feels good.

I've been writing a metric shitton this year, exercising more, managing my money better. I've had some big deals go through.

Basically, everything's coming up Milhouse. My short-term goal is to get this Justified spec script done in the next week or two, and get it sent out to various TV writing fellowships. I think I stand a decent chance of landing one this year, all things considered. Feeling good about this year.

mine was I was carrying a small child through some sort of... like under a boardwalk and there were spider webs and I backed into one and got bitten by something extremely deadly and then I woke up. makes about as much sense as a typical dream, I'm not even afraid of spiders.

• TaskmanTaskman Registered User regular
    I've always been a little bit jealous of people whose dreams have an apparent middle, beginning and end. All of my dreams seem to be the kind of white noise you used to get when tuning in pre-digital televisions, interspersed with total bullshit.

uGn5f.png
    I always have stupid dreams when I'm stressed. Last night it was about playing chess with live smurfs. Then today I bought a pack of gummy smurfs, and ate them. Coincidence???

(yes).

Is it also a coincidence that you bear a startling resemblance to Gargamel?

No.

I think not.

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    I'm going to do crane pose if it kills me and/or breaks my nose from falling on my face repeatedly

(yes).

Is it also a coincidence that you bear a startling resemblance to Gargamel?

No.

I think not.

Still trying to win a lawsuit on that one for them retroactively using my likeness.

• BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Usagi wrote: »
    I'm going to do crane pose if it kills me and/or breaks my nose from falling on my face repeatedly
    karate-kid-crane-kick.jpg

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • GSMGSM Registered User regular
    Someday I'd like to have a social life.

That day is not today.

We'll get back there someday.
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I was lying, I do have goals but there's so many things I want to do that I end up not doing more than starting them. Wanna go to school for something rad like physics, wanna learn to play multiple instruments, want to learn to sing and dance, want to be able to draw and write, I want to learn several languages, I want to learn about languages, I want to learn to blacksmith and knit and crochet and carve wood, I want to learn how to garden, how to work on a car, how to live in the woods on my own, and there's probably a ton of other shit too that I can't think of or feel like writing down.

tl;dr, there's so many things I wanna do but not enough time

JtgVX0H.png
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I want to be a pilot. I did want to be a fighter pilot, but that time has passed. So I'll settle for regular ol' plane flying.