As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

3rd Annual The Cult of the Leaf meet up

• Options
    JayDfromMAJayDfromMA MARegistered User regular
    GhostDan wrote: »
    Just a reminder for those flying, lighters/matches/etc are not allowed on planes.

Good reminder. An easy way around this is to mail them to your hotel ahead of time!

• Options
    ChefBoyRD221ChefBoyRD221 Registered User new member
    Saturday, Saturday, SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    a fraking toastera fraking toaster W1TRK Registered User regular
    why dont we do both nights lol as long as weather permits it.

• Options
    upstateny-danupstateny-dan Registered User regular
    JayDfromMA wrote: »
    GhostDan wrote: »
    Just a reminder for those flying, lighters/matches/etc are not allowed on planes.

Good reminder. An easy way around this is to mail them to your hotel ahead of time!

Well you can bring a bic type or matches, they are ok. Fluid type like zippo or torch are not allowed.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Completely unrelated to the meetup, and I might just be blind, but are there any threads where the cigar/pipe aficionados hang out?

• Options
    this is sorta it,granted this thread is to get a meet up going,i dont mind if we make the the chill thread as well.

• Options
    GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    Here's some more info on lighters/matches
    http://safetravel.dot.gov/index_lighters.html

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Completely unrelated to the meetup, and I might just be blind, but are there any threads where the cigar/pipe aficionados hang out?
    Do you mean... like on the PA forums as a whole? as opposed to just PAX? If that's what you mean, I'm not sure there is one right now. You'd have to search in Debate and Discourse or Social Entropy, those are the more general topic discussion forums (D&D is very on topic, SE++ is not).

If you mean for just pax folk, this is it.

• Options
    does someone want to make an official cult of the leaf 2014 thread?if not ill just edit this 1 to make it the official thread.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I don't think anything needs to be "official" or "unofficial" ;) This thread is fine as is, though you might want to edit the OP to put info about meeting times in there.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    yea thats what i mean,didnt know if i should just edit this op or have koalabro2 or someone else start a new one.

edit: i just edited the op,kinda copied some stuff from an older thread to make things simple.

a fraking toaster on
  • Options
    Anyone else going to the indies need booze party? Probably will be coming from there for this and heading back to it after, got a paid ticket so dont have to worry about getting in.

• Options
    itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    So very looking forward to this on Friday night! Need to get myself down to the local cigar shop to pick-up a couple nice ones to share!

signature.png
  • Options
    yea im gana grab a few at a cigar shop somewere in boston for myself and to share.might even get some pipe tobacco and pack a bowel.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Do you mean... like on the PA forums as a whole?
    Yeah, I searched, and this seemed to be the most recent thread by a number of years, so I figured it'd be the place to ask if I'd missed one.

• Options
    well in that case,welcome to the thread lol

• Options
    Timing of parties may make me have to miss the gathering. Headed to the Indies Need Booze party which is in cambridge.... I may hit up the IGN party before but that only goes til 10 at Harpoon. Any ideas? The party only goes til 1.

• Options
    i wouldnt mind doing some sorta mid day meet up along with the original meet up,that way people can go to partys at night.

• Options
    RevGutterRevGutter Registered User regular
    Anyone going to be in town Thursday? Planning on taking a trip to Stanza that night.

• Options
    UncleangryUncleangry ACAM Volunteer Registered User regular
    I'll see you all there next week. I'm heading up to a smoke shop in New Hampshire this weekend to grab my ammo for the convention. If any of you happen to be in the Londonderry N.H. area I strongly suggest stopping into Twins Smoke shop. The owner is amazingly friendly and knowledgeable. He actually started his own brand of cigars not too long ago. No I am not an employee, just a customer how thinks very highly of Twins.

The American Classic Arcade Museum Inc./, is a 501c3 non-profit corporation registered with the State of New Hampshire, which has been established to promote and preserve the history of coin-operated arcade games.
  • Options
    Ill be in town thursday evening if u wana stop at stanzas later in the day

• Options
    kyuubikyuubi leader of the free peoples ware MARegistered User regular
    i am really interested in meeting up with people for a cigar ill stop buy and if anyone is looking fo a placein boston to get a cigar this is a nice place https://www.google.com/maps/place/L.J.Peretti/@42.352292,-71.067145,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x51fadb305289cd5e

• Options
    any chance we could do something mid day? i tend to like a cigar around lunch and i have a 2 hour drive home that night. if not ill manage but jw :)

• Options
    yea im goin to stop there and pick up some pipe tobacco and perhaps a cigar or 2.on a kinda strict budget this year so might not even get anything.

• Options
    agreed,a mid day chooch would be nice.aslong as it doesnt interfere with everyones plans.

• Options
    Looking at the schedule, probably an after lunch smoke will be in order for me before I hit up afternoon panels. Depends on the timing.

• Options
    anyone have a time suggestion?
    im open for anything dont go to panels rly

• Options
    yea i dont do panels either,maybe around 1 or 2?depends what everyone else is doing

also i made a twitter hashtag #thecultoftheleaf

• Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    I have these small cigars from Puerto Rico, honestly not sure how good/bad they are or what condition theyre in (been sitting on a table for a month or two). But im willing to bring and share!

20pekhl.jpg

• Options
    ScoJoMoScoJoMo Registered User regular
    Uncleangry wrote: »
    I'll see you all there next week. I'm heading up to a smoke shop in New Hampshire this weekend to grab my ammo for the convention. If any of you happen to be in the Londonderry N.H. area I strongly suggest stopping into Twins Smoke shop. The owner is amazingly friendly and knowledgeable. He actually started his own brand of cigars not too long ago. No I am not an employee, just a customer how thinks very highly of Twins.

I work down the road from Twins, and they do have a good selection in there. I'll be stopping there on my way down tonight. Also, Ayotte's/Smokin' Joe's on the Tyngsboro, MA/Hudson, N.H. border is a solid option.

• Options
    I have these small cigars from Puerto Rico, honestly not sure how good/bad they are or what condition theyre in (been sitting on a table for a month or two). But im willing to bring and share!

20pekhl.jpg

if they have been sitting out and not in a humidor, then prob not in very good condition. they will burn fast, taste odd, etc. my favorite tobacco genrely comes from the Dominican. ill brings afew with me in case someone is out of luck ;P

• Options
    KumaKuma Registered User regular
    Are vapers welcome? Either way I will probably have a cigar with me at some point.

f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    anything smoking related is welcome,as long as its legal lol

• Options
    not sure if ill make it tonight,idk if the shuttle brings people from the hotel back to pax this late at night.

• Options
    on second thought,it starting to sprinkle outside so if it continues then i will probably reschedule for saturday night.

• Options
    Goin to have a smoke out under the sign at 1 is anyones ontrested

• Options
    GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    wish I had seen that earlier :)

• Options
    did anyone make it to the gathering last night?

• Options
    RPSuttonRPSutton Registered User new member
    We had a gathering of about 10 people last night. A group of us are planning on being out there after the concert tonight as well.

• Options
    damn i thought no one was going to show because it was starting to rain out.ill try and make it to this 1 tonight.