As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2nd Annual Pre-PAX Game Night at the Boston Marriott Long Wharf! (Updated 4/9/14)

• kohanaikohanai Registered User regular
    Hey! So, if I came in to Boston later in the evening.. like, a couple hours after it started, could I still get my game on? Or do ya'll think this would hit capacity pretty quick?

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    kohanai wrote: »
    Hey! So, if I came in to Boston later in the evening.. like, a couple hours after it started, could I still get my game on? Or do ya'll think this would hit capacity pretty quick?
    I think that people will be moving in and out all evening.

• HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    kohanai wrote: »

Yeah man! Last year we had people coming all the way until the end. We had a lot of latecomers jumping right into games of Card Against Humanity and lots of others.

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• gonexallgonexall PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    @Halfazedninja‌ Please add Chrononauts to the list.

I am getting excited about playing fiasco with folks. If anyone wants me to bring a specific playset, let me know. I will have dice, the book, and an assortment of playsets. I'm definitely up for at least one game myself, and it will be on loan the rest of the evening. However, you'll need at least one person in the group that knows how to play (it's not realistic to read through the entire book and learn the game on the spot).

• Earthworm GodEarthworm God One of the great Old Ones Northeast PARegistered User new member
    I have about 10 people coming with me.....We are staying at the Marriott long wharf....We will most likely be bringing Ascension, Munchkins, and the just released kickstarter game Myth. Looking forward to the gaming and the interaction with like minded people.

• HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    gonexall wrote: »
    @Halfazedninja‌ Please add Chrononauts to the list.

I am getting excited about playing fiasco with folks. If anyone wants me to bring a specific playset, let me know. I will have dice, the book, and an assortment of playsets. I'm definitely up for at least one game myself, and it will be on loan the rest of the evening. However, you'll need at least one person in the group that knows how to play (it's not realistic to read through the entire book and learn the game on the spot).
    I have about 10 people coming with me.....We are staying at the Marriott long wharf....We will most likely be bringing Ascension, Munchkins, and the just released kickstarter game Myth. Looking forward to the gaming and the interaction with like minded people.

@gonexall I'll add it now

@Earthworm God I'll add them and I'm glad to see you're coming with a big group!

• RaughnRaughn Registered User regular

Fiasco has been on my "must-try" list for a while (since @chaoticmuse recommended it at the last PPD, to be exact). I even ordered the book yesterday so that I could hopefully learn enough to lead a session, in the event that you would be playing something else. So if you're going to run one, I would most definitely be on board.

Raughn wrote: »

Fiasco has been on my "must-try" list for a while (since @chaoticmuse recommended it at the last PPD, to be exact). I even ordered the book yesterday so that I could hopefully learn enough to lead a session, in the event that you would be playing something else. So if you're going to run one, I would most definitely be on board.

Awesome! I will be at the forumer dinner, so maybe we can find a couple of other people there who are also going to the Long Wharf and start on the early side. I think it's best to pick a playset at the time, and I will have a bunch to choose from. However, I'm not going to bring them all so if there is one you really want included, let me know.

• OuterHaven37OuterHaven37 Registered User regular
    Ahhh excited for this! I will bring this game I've had since I was a kid, Key to the Kingdom which is a pretty fun 6 player fantasy game.

Ahhh excited for this! I will bring this game I've had since I was a kid, Key to the Kingdom which is a pretty fun 6 player fantasy game.

Oooooh that sounds fun! I used to have Heroquest as a kid. I'll add it to the list and welcome!

• OuterHaven37OuterHaven37 Registered User regular
    Glad to be here, and soon there!

Who asked for D&D? Would you be interested in other role playing games? I have not played in over 10 years, so I don't think I want to start with D&D. However, I've been looking at the Star Wars, Edge of the Empire Beginner Game, and it looks like it is easy to GM and get right into. I've heard it only takes 2-3 hours also. If there is interest, I might be willing to pick this up and run a game, though it would have to be after Fiasco, which takes about the same length of time. Heck, we have all night right?

I would have to see some enthusiastic interest if I was going to do this because there are MANY games I want to play.

Which reminds me. Does anyone know if I can bring my own games into the Table Top area, or do I have to use the lending library? I might sacrifice more space in my bags if I can bring my games to Table Top and play them at Pax in addition to the pre-pax game night.

Who asked for D&D? Would you be interested in other role playing games? I have not played in over 10 years, so I don't think I want to start with D&D. However, I've been looking at the Star Wars, Edge of the Empire Beginner Game, and it looks like it is easy to GM and get right into. I've heard it only takes 2-3 hours also. If there is interest, I might be willing to pick this up and run a game, though it would have to be after Fiasco, which takes about the same length of time. Heck, we have all night right?

I would have to see some enthusiastic interest if I was going to do this because there are MANY games I want to play.

Which reminds me. Does anyone know if I can bring my own games into the Table Top area, or do I have to use the lending library? I might sacrifice more space in my bags if I can bring my games to Table Top and play them at Pax in addition to the pre-pax game night.

I believe you can bring your own games to the tabletop area. I did it a couple of years ago and no one said anything to me about it.

I put D&D up there but any RPG will do. I've actually been curious about the Star Wars one, but I wanted to try it before I buy it.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yes you can absolutely bring your own games to the TT area, just don't try to donate them to the library.

• RaughnRaughn Registered User regular
    I think it's best to pick a playset at the time, and I will have a bunch to choose from. However, I'm not going to bring them all so if there is one you really want included, let me know.

I've no preference for a playset, I'll just be glad to be playing it.

Cthulu Dice Added

Is anyone planning to bring Flashpoint? Someone brought it last time and it looked like a blast. I'd like to give it a try.

Is anyone planning to bring Flashpoint? Someone brought it last time and it looked like a blast. I'd like to give it a try.

I'll put it under Requested Games

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    This is probably an absurdly stupid question, but the "when" doesn't include an actual date. This is set for Thursday night 4/10 correct?

Wow I can't believe I forgot the date. I'll fix it now! :smile:

BWAHAHAHA!!! That's what happens when you don't proofread my posts before copying them :) Because my brain no worky.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
    This is probably an absurdly stupid question, but the "when" doesn't include an actual date. This is set for Thursday night 4/10 correct?

Wow I can't believe I forgot the date. I'll fix it now! :smile:

BWAHAHAHA!!! That's what happens when you don't proofread my posts before copying them :) Because my brain no worky.

Damn /copypasta

I'd like to request Eldrich Horror.

Also, who else is bringing a Vita to this?

I'd like to request Eldrich Horror.

Also, who else is bringing a Vita to this?

I know I'm bringing mine and my buddy JD is bringing his. I'll add your request to the list

@Halfazedninja‌ What multiplayer vita games will you and JD have?

@Halfazedninja‌ What multiplayer vita games will you and JD have?

SF vs Tekken, DoA, Spelunky, Little Big Planet and Killzone to name a few

• msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    this sounds fun! hopefully I can make it for the later part of the night!

msmya wrote: »
    this sounds fun! hopefully I can make it for the later part of the night!

That would be great! The more the merrier :)

Just as a reminder, @Lexicongrrl is having Pre AND Post PAX game nights at the Westin. Show her some love too!

LESS THAN ONE WEEK GUYS!

• smertepunktsmertepunkt Registered User regular
    I might be able to make it here, there's about a 50/50 chance that my girlfriend and I will be able to show up after settling into the Omni. Last year we were set on going to the Westin game night and the huge crowd and general fatigue kept us in our boring hotel room. The smaller setup sounds great, plus it's closer to the Onni.

If I can, I'll bring Tsuro, since it's on the requests and it's a great that's quick to play and learn and goes quickly, so it'll be easy for people to jump in and out of. I could also grab Gloom if anybody still wants that. I have the original video game version of the Metagame if anybody wants me to bring that as well, but since someone is bringing the new cultural PnP version, I'm not sure if anybody would want it. It's a small game, maybe I'll pack it anyway.

I'd offer to bring Hanabi, since that's a fun, small game, but it might be a good way to make enemies since it seems to inspire bitterness at times. :stuck_out_tongue:

Either way, I really really hope to make it to play some games and meet some people!

I might be able to make it here, there's about a 50/50 chance that my girlfriend and I will be able to show up after settling into the Omni. Last year we were set on going to the Westin game night and the huge crowd and general fatigue kept us in our boring hotel room. The smaller setup sounds great, plus it's closer to the Onni.

If I can, I'll bring Tsuro, since it's on the requests and it's a great that's quick to play and learn and goes quickly, so it'll be easy for people to jump in and out of. I could also grab Gloom if anybody still wants that. I have the original video game version of the Metagame if anybody wants me to bring that as well, but since someone is bringing the new cultural PnP version, I'm not sure if anybody would want it. It's a small game, maybe I'll pack it anyway.

I'd offer to bring Hanabi, since that's a fun, small game, but it might be a good way to make enemies since it seems to inspire bitterness at times. :stuck_out_tongue:

Either way, I really really hope to make it to play some games and meet some people!

Cool! I'll add the games to list list (tentatively) and hope to see you there!

Bring Hanabi! That game is awesome!

Bring Hanabi! That game is awesome!

Let me know if you are going to bring it and I'll add it to the list

• eJawaeJawa South Portland, MERegistered User new member
    This sounds great. I was looking for something we could do Thursday, along with dinner. I'll be there with Last Night on Earth.

Cool! I'll add it to the list!

• monkoshmonkosh NYCRegistered User regular
    Hey All,
    I will be bring 7 Wonders, Settlers of Catan (base only), another Zombie Dice set, Forbidden Island, Betrayal at the House on the Hill, and Jab.

iec5nehi4ot3.png
    monkosh wrote: »
    Hey All,
    I will be bring 7 Wonders, Settlers of Catan (base only), another Zombie Dice set, Forbidden Island, Betrayal at the House on the Hill, and Jab.
    monkosh wrote: »
    Hey All,

Very nice list. I'll add them.

• LombearLombear Registered User new member
    Hi There,

I will be bringing along Shadows Over Camelot (plus expansion for 8 player double traitor fun) & CAH UK Edition. Won't be there until later after the Star Citizen pre party. Looking forward to it!

Lombear wrote: »
    Hi There,

I will be bringing along Shadows Over Camelot (plus expansion for 8 player double traitor fun) & CAH UK Edition. Won't be there until later after the Star Citizen pre party. Looking forward to it!

Wait a sec. There is a UK edition of CAH? I REALLY want to know what the differences are lol.

@Lombear‌ Shadows Over Camelot is sooooo fun! I'm excited you're bringing it. I most definitely will try to get a game of that in! Is the expansion you speak of the Merlin expansion or something different (I don't remember Merlin introducing a second traitor)?

• LombearLombear Registered User new member
    Yup It is the Merlin expansion - As well as allowing 8 players it adds a second traitor loyalty card - So in theory there can be two traitors :D - There will be three of us so plenty of room :)

• RenneesmeRenneesme Registered User regular
    OK.... super sad now. The pokecrawl starts at 7ish and my first bar is right down the street (literallly) from this board game night. So, we were going to go to this one instead of the Westin one! But I thought it started at 4 for some reason... nevermind :(

3DS FC: 4382-3356-7103