As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Warframe - Thread killed by the Grinyu force. On to the next one!

• Citizen KupoCitizen Kupo In between here and thereRegistered User regular
    They're channeling their inner hedgehog.

Gotta go fast

Though really I don't see any clear reason for it, besides the aforementioned laziness. It's basically why I tend to solo more often than not, save for doing the occasional void run with clannies. Why bother getting into a group if everyone's going to try their hardest to rush ahead and kill everything before their teammates can see it?

steam_sig.png
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Spectrum wrote: »
    You guys mean Phorid, right?

And yeah, I think most people are running it solely to get credit on the Invasion. Conveniently, this does mean that Nyx is pretty easy to get even with bad gear, even if on the rare occasions you are super slow you might miss the mod/resource drop.

Yeah, Phorid the boss, not Phobos the planet(oid).

...but if they just want invasion credit, why don't they just solo? They get all the fun of speed running it that they're doing right now, but without have to wait at end, deal with d/c's or host migration, and something in RL comes up, they even get the ability to pause the game!!

Gotta go fast

Though really I don't see any clear reason for it, besides the aforementioned laziness. It's basically why I tend to solo more often than not, save for doing the occasional void run with clannies. Why bother getting into a group if everyone's going to try their hardest to rush ahead and kill everything before their teammates can see it?

There is something ironically sad about you going solo most of the time to avoid being grouped with people who basically try to solo the mission despite being in a group.

EDIT: I guess I should mention that while it was my time farming Phorid that brought it up, I'm kinda talking about assassination missions in general. I just want to know if there is a legitimate reason for such people to do that before I unilaterally label them all as assholes silly geese.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • VingleVingle Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    You guys mean Phorid, right?

And yeah, I think most people are running it solely to get credit on the Invasion. Conveniently, this does mean that Nyx is pretty easy to get even with bad gear, even if on the rare occasions you are super slow you might miss the mod/resource drop.

Yeah, Phorid the boss, not Phobos the planet(oid).

...but if they just want invasion credit, why don't they just solo? They get all the fun of speed running it that they're doing right now, but without have to wait at end, deal with d/c's or host migration, and something in RL comes up, they even get the ability to pause the game!!

Gotta go fast

There is something ironically sad about you going solo most of the time to avoid being grouped with people who basically try to solo the mission despite being in a group.

EDIT: I guess I should mention that while it was my time farming Phorid that brought it up, I'm kinda talking about assassination missions in general. I just want to know if there is a legitimate reason for such people to do that before I unilaterally label them all as assholes silly geese.

We're afraid of being alone.

• DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    I find it amusing most of my randomized color schemes end up mostly pink, darn valentine pallette... My consolation is that vast numbers of grenier have been offed by armor that looks like a reject from the old power puff girls cartoon.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    It took getting like 3 more color palettes to finally make the randomizer stop being all easter pastels

steam_sig.png
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Argh, I hate that stupid Grinner tileset Defense map with the central core and nothing surrounding it. Constantly keep getting warped away by Commanders straight into a pack and then having to run back while the core's taking damage. Doing these alerts late solo sucks.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    The big core is also annoying because the spawns are not bottlenecked unless you get them right at the spawns. And also it's so big, you can not notice things spawning on the other side.

steam_sig.png
    Spoit wrote: »
    The big core is also annoying because the spawns are not bottlenecked unless you get them right at the spawns. And also it's so big, you can not notice things spawning on the other side.
    Yeah, if I'm solo, for the last 5-7 waves I generally have to leave one Lancer up at the end of the wave and run him around to let the core regen. With not being able to get to energy drops mid-wave due to killing the incoming spawns far away at the bottleneck, the core usually drops from, say, 5k to <3k health before I've cleaned everything out.

And I also may just flat out die at least once from Commander teleport incapacitation or chip status effect damage (or eating a Bombard rocket at the wrong time or something, that's happened).

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    I just use a Nova with a soma for tackling that map solo - the soma can ventilate an entire spawn if you catch them coming through a door or lined up running at the reactor, although having to kite around that last dumbass to give the reactor time to regen is a pain. When a wave started, I was generally able to kill two spawns on the move, and then start priming the rest as they reached the middle.

I just use a Nova with a soma for tackling that map solo - the soma can ventilate an entire spawn if you catch them coming through a door or lined up running at the reactor, although having to kite around that last dumbass to give the reactor time to regen is a pain. When a wave started, I was generally able to kill two spawns on the move, and then start priming the rest as they reached the middle.
    That's the setup I was doing, I just kept getting shot in the back by the spawns that happened late in each wave once things aren't so nice and pat. Or sometimes there's a Commander in a wave coming out the closest door and he grabs me and screws the whole thing.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Honestly, I just pub defenses.

steam_sig.png
    No one joins. : (

It's the Gift from the Lotus alerts. I come in a half day late and it seems everyone's already done it and it's always those terrible maps.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    No one joins. : (

It's the Gift from the Lotus alerts. I come in a half day late and it seems everyone's already done it and it's always those terrible maps.

I feel your pain. I managed to solo the first one (which luckily was the ventilation map), but I don't think I would have a chance protection a big reactor.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    The point of running groups is to see who can be the fastest to kill everything. If you're not at the head of the pack you need to be faster.

Got to go fast!

• KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    So... I'm a lurker. Actually my first post I've ever made. I play Warframe. Can I get an invite? (PC gamer) (Also: SolinEldin) (Yeah, I know. I use it alot actually.)

@Solin.Eldin, I tried to invite you but you're either already in a clan or have a pending invite. Go to your clan tab and cancel that, and let me know when you've done it - then I'll send you another invite! :)

Is anyone else still waiting for an invite? I haven't been as on the ball with it as usual in the last week or so.

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Kashaar wrote: »
    So... I'm a lurker. Actually my first post I've ever made. I play Warframe. Can I get an invite? (PC gamer) (Also: SolinEldin) (Yeah, I know. I use it alot actually.)

@Solin.Eldin, I tried to invite you but you're either already in a clan or have a pending invite. Go to your clan tab and cancel that, and let me know when you've done it - then I'll send you another invite! :)

Is anyone else still waiting for an invite? I haven't been as on the ball with it as usual in the last week or so.

Me!! Me!!

Foefaller's the name. I was afraid I was going to have to bribe someone with one of the stat helmet blueprints I picked up on alerts.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • The Burnin8orThe Burnin8or Registered User regular
    Zephyr is finally cooking in the PS4 dojo (started yesterday actually). I need to take a break from oxium farming before I start up again for the component blueprints.. .

Foefaller wrote: »
    Kashaar wrote: »

Me!! Me!!

Foefaller's the name. I was afraid I was going to have to bribe someone with one of the stat helmet blueprints I picked up on alerts.

@Foefaller: Sent! :)

PC Warframers! The dojo needs your generous donations of Ferrite and Circuits so we can build more corridors to build more reactors so we're ready to build the new labs and rooms when they come out. Unfortunately the basically only place for new stuff is way in the back of the basement, so you're gonna have to go down there, and put what you can spare in those new construction projects. I've already footed the rest of the bill including the Formas - I want to get this dojo ready for Update 13 as fast as possible! :)

• malkothmalkoth Registered User regular
    Ok, I just took care of all the ferrite, still need like 7k circuits for the other room though.

"Be who you are, and say what you feel because those who mind dont matter, and those who matter dont mind." - Dr. Seuss
  • AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    I'll make sure to stop by and dump a bucket of circuits when I get home today.

THE GREATER GOOD

• DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    Think I've got a couple K' circuits to chip in when I get home. Really wish it was possible to place those "you are here" signs in the dojo. I keep getting lost when I leave the research wing.

Awesome, now there's just some Ferrite needed right next to the spawnpoint clan hall... then in 12h it's time for the next round of rooms :)

• LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Gonna dump a ton of circuits there when I find the way!

Edit: I was to late in the basement, but dumped all the needed Ferrite into the X hall next to the spawn room!

LilleDjevel on
    Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    Vayban systems alert up now! Roche (Phobos): Reprogram Robotic Control Terminals - 59m - 6000cr - Vauban Systems (Blueprint)

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
    Aw, I missed contributing again. I want to stop being a miserable leecher. : (

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Same. Looks like everything is building. I noticed that there was an open crossconnector building on the main floor. Can we keep the end of that crossconnector open so that we can just keep adding labs (and stuff like that) to a more corridor-like structure?
    Same for the basement really, creating a basement "Reactor corridor" instead of placing them at random locations throughout the structure.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Vayban systems alert up now! Roche (Phobos): Reprogram Robotic Control Terminals - 59m - 6000cr - Vauban Systems (Blueprint)

This is like the fifth or sixth Vauban part alert in a week.

I feel like DE's loosening their bottleneck on him can only mean we're getting a Prime version in the near future.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
    Question: Should we clear out a room on the main floor to make more cross connectors up by the existing labs so we can have new labs close to the old labs?

This is like the fifth or sixth Vauban part alert in a week.

I feel like DE's loosening their bottleneck on him can only mean we're getting a Prime version in the near future.

Or that he'll be added to the labs.

Same. Looks like everything is building. I noticed that there was an open crossconnector building on the main floor. Can we keep the end of that crossconnector open so that we can just keep adding labs (and stuff like that) to a more corridor-like structure?
    Same for the basement really, creating a basement "Reactor corridor" instead of placing them at random locations throughout the structure.

I was going to do that, but then someone else placed the Mountain barracks right where I wanted that to go ;-)
    MrGrimoire wrote: »
    Question: Should we clear out a room on the main floor to make more cross connectors up by the existing labs so we can have new labs close to the old labs?

That is the plan. Don't worry, I've got this. :D Have you seen the livestream? At the very least we're getting an Orokin lab and an observation deck, the former of which is needed for the new clan competition stuff, solar rails and so on. I was planning to expand it on that side. If possible, do not destroy any of the old-style rooms, because once they're gone, they're lost forever. So... from the spawn hall, we'll have the traditional side with the labs, and the other side which will have more modern corridors and the new labs and rooms.

I don't think we're big enough, or active enough, to really have a chance at the clan competition things

steam_sig.png
    I'm still on a break from this, haven't signed in or watched anything for a bit short of 3 weeks. When the new update hits I'll sign in again.

I don't think we're big enough, or active enough, to really have a chance at the clan competition things

I don't know, I think we might be surprised.

• Citizen KupoCitizen Kupo In between here and thereRegistered User regular
    There's a double potato alert up now, since Warframe won the MMOBomb voting contest.

Also, quick question, anyone know if aborting a mission consumes your death mark? Had the G3 pop up when I was soloing, and I immediately "NOPE'd" since it was a no-shields nightmare mission, and I had no energy to go invisible.

steam_sig.png
  • OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Currently a duo catalyst/reactor alert up for the next 23 hours and 45 minutes.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    ABANDON THREAD!

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/188926/warframe-24-hour-dual-potato-alert-active?new=1

Yeah, I know, it's a page early but I always tend to do that when I'm at work.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Oh my, I might have to start getting more free with my Reactors if they continue tossing them out like this!

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Update 13 tomorrow!*

*Further delays not included

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• JagmasJagmas Registered User regular
    Hi! i would like to join The Space Knights of Arcadia. I am in game as Jagmas on PC. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.