As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

APRIL F...

1789101113»

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    "This is gonna be the best April Fool's EVER!"

"It's August..."

"THAT'S WHAT MAKES IT SO GREAT!"

newSig.jpg
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Then you know what you must do

Invent a time machine

And go back and cock-block their father

There's a pretty crummy stephen fry book with this plot.

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    The only sort of internet prank I really hate on April 1st is the "Hey look at this rad and cool thing OH WAIT IT DOESN'T EXIST HAHA"

But then, the best pranks are when they make you think they are doing this but it turns out to actually be real.

broken image link
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Damn, I missed a good one at work, though if I was there it wouldn't have worked I guess.

Some random guy knocked on the back door, said he was an employment manager for the main branch, spent about two hours having the new trainees make pizza for him to taste, would yell at them about quality of various things, made them clean random shit etc. Then the 4 o'clock manager showed up and was like 'Who the fuck are you" and then guy just ran away.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    That is some straight up Micheal Weston action right there.

newSig.jpg
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    that is basically amazing.

• MorblitzMorblitz Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    "When you're a hungry spy"

Morblitz on
    3DS Pokemon Y Friend Code: 0645 5780 8920
    Please shoot me a PM if you add me so I know to add you back.
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Stilts wrote: »
    The only sort of internet prank I really hate on April 1st is the "Hey look at this rad and cool thing OH WAIT IT DOESN'T EXIST HAHA"

See, I like those, but I don't like "We're closing down/getting bought out!" I obviously don't believe them, I just don't find it very funny.

Remember when Good Old Games did that as a promotional stunt?

And it wasn't even April Fools?

That was...an ill-advised prank on their part.

Am I the only person who thought it was fucking hilarious when they did that? People getting buttmad about it was pretty hilarious too, especially the ones that still haven't gotten over it.

wait, what happened?

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Stilts wrote: »

See, I like those, but I don't like "We're closing down/getting bought out!" I obviously don't believe them, I just don't find it very funny.

Remember when Good Old Games did that as a promotional stunt?

And it wasn't even April Fools?

That was...an ill-advised prank on their part.

Am I the only person who thought it was fucking hilarious when they did that? People getting buttmad about it was pretty hilarious too, especially the ones that still haven't gotten over it.

wait, what happened?

Basically, Good Old Games put out a thing saying that they were shutting down, and they'd had a good run, and everything. And then they put out some weird promotional videos, including ones of them all being priests and saying that they had sinned and it was kinda odd. Then it turns out that while 'Good Old Games' was shutting down, it was turning into GOG, and focusing on selling more than old games and basically it was a really, really weird way of saying that they were going to start selling new games as well.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    That seems more like Sams territory

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    Nocren wrote: »
    That seems more like Sams territory

Nah, Sam's got a string of buddies/sugar mommas lined up to take care of him. Mike's more the kind of guy to get in there with a story, case the place across the street while under the guise of doing something else at his current location, and then get out when someone realizes something's up.

And maybe grab a snack along the way.

newSig.jpg
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Literally the pilot episode has a tip about stealing a yogurt from the fridge of the house you're breaking into because if you can get caught, you can just act confused as if you thought it was your house and your yogurt. Dude is all about the stolen free food.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    not quite. good ol games was technically beta and they were releasing the finished product

it's like if dota 2 said they were ending dota 2(the beta)

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    The gay sunrise story had me literally in tears. Not just the story though, the way it was told was incredible.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I hate bad pranks with no real inspiration.

But a good prank? One that you can talk about for years and years?

Yeah, bring that shit.

I got my dad pretty good when I was fourteen. We had just come back from about ten hours of yard work, I was trying to rehydrate in the kitchen, chatting with my stepmom ...

noticing the frosty beads of condensation on my glass ...

hearing the sound of a boiling hot shower from the master bedroom ...

And then I thought, 'Yes, this is the moment to rebuke my father for many reasons.'

Have you ever heard the sound of a boiling hot potato being shoved up a donkey's backside?

He made that sound. He didn't know he could make that sound.

My girlfriend hit me with that a few years ago.

After my initial reaction, I didn't say anything - just put our names on the chalkboard in the kitchen, with a "1" next to her name.

Later that day, I added a "1" next to my name. She went crazy trying to work out what I'd done (which was nothing).

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]