As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2014 Parties

• KumaKuma Registered User regular
    Dolarrah wrote: »
    Kuma wrote: »
    Im really hoping at this point for a Sunday party that goes on after PAX closes

Company run Sunday parties are very rare if only because they all want to go home at that point.

Yeah I know, there was the Fragdolls party last year and that was a hell of a treat.

f7v9h.jpg
  • aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    With my luck there will be again and another 21+ unavailable event

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular

Company run Sunday parties are very rare if only because they all want to go home at that point.

Yeah I know, there was the Fragdolls party last year and that was a hell of a treat.

This was actually a pretty fun party

• JayDfromMAJayDfromMA MARegistered User regular
    I had a great time. Definitely had to get in line early to get in though!

• scosner56scosner56 Registered User regular
    This Twitch party better happen. I will be waiting early lol.

• LinkSmashLinkSmash Registered User regular
    Eager to hang out with folks again this year!!!

• upstateny-danupstateny-dan Registered User regular
    Anyone know how MA bars treat ecigs? It'd be great to be able to vape but I know a lot of places still equate it to actual smoking. But I guess going out to smoke always lends to finding conversation lol.

• imnotalawyerimnotalawyer Registered User regular
    Anyone know how MA bars treat ecigs? It'd be great to be able to vape but I know a lot of places still equate it to actual smoking. But I guess going out to smoke always lends to finding conversation lol.

From this article... "Chicago, Boston, New York, Washington D.C., and most recently Los Angeles, ban the use of e-cigarettes in restaurants, bars, nightclubs and other public spaces. In Los Angeles, the use of e-cigarettes in ‘vapor lounges’ is permitted."

Sorry I couldn't find something more authoritative, just my two minutes worth of Googling.

faPgNTD
  • Sudds27Sudds27 Registered User regular
    Just an FYI... Underbar, Guilt and Royale are all in the "same" place. I have no clue what's going on at each place as far as the rumored parties are concerned. I might be able to track down some into this week. I did not receive my invite to the NVIDIA party. I'll still get in. Good luck to everyone and if you see me on the floor, say hi, I might have addition info by then.

Thanks @imnotalawyer

• rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    ya I was hoping to go to the twitch party on saturday or maybe the dtoid party on friday but have not found any info on them if you could look up info on them and let us know that would be great otherwise may have to make other plans

Will do... I know of couple of people that work there so I'm going to make some calls. I'm thinking that if Underbar or Guilt haven't been booked by now then it's probably not happening.

Most towns in MA are strict on vaping. But look at the bright side, we will all be easily found outside of the bar so we can talk our hobby with each other.

Ill be rocking my Provari and Nemesis over the weekend. Ill give you a high five if I see ya

f7v9h.jpg
  • kewlratskewlrats Detroit-ishRegistered User regular
    Few more events I didn't see listed. Enjoy!

Friday:

Saturday:

Curator of joy and love at SideQuesting.com
    2 parties at the Swiss Consulate... wait, what?!?

f7v9h.jpg
    Ya kinda figured at this point it would not happen since cant find any info at all about it but figured I would ask

• pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular
    Got my invite for NVIDIA. It was just for a different wave of invitees.

• VictoryofthepplVictoryoftheppl Community Outreach Coordinator @ Gamers Outreach Registered User regular
    Regarding the Dtoid Party:

Spoke to a reliable source, apparently they had something set up but those plans fell through. So, I don't think that party is happening, that or they really want to get the function as private as possible.

In case you missed it.

MEfw2yy.png

Team [E] <3
  • Thunderbolt7Thunderbolt7 Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Just got a rejection email from NVIDIA:

"Dear fellow Gamer,

Thank you for your expressed interest in the NVIDIA GeForce GTX Meet-up. Regrettably, we have exceeded our limit on confirmed attendees for this event. While it is still possible to attend, walk-ins will only be granted on-site pending available venue space.

We appreciate your understanding and wish you a great PAX EAST 2014."

Rats. :(

EDIT: A couple friends just received the same email, guess if you haven't gotten your invite yet, you've missed the boat on this one.

Thunderbolt7 on
  • d3c0yd3c0y Registered User regular
    You could always try queuing up and hoping they let you in. I'm sure there are plenty of people who signed up just to have the option of attending.

• FredoukenFredouken NHRegistered User regular
    The Twitch party will probably be great if that happens at Underbar. Nvidia didn't operate on a "first come, first served" basis with their RSVPs, because I signed up within like 30 min of it being announced. If I even attempt Nvidia, it will be later at night, because most of these parties not only filter out later in the night, but they tend to get better overall :D

• d3c0yd3c0y Registered User regular
    Fredouken wrote: »
    The Twitch party will probably be great if that happens at Underbar. Nvidia didn't operate on a "first come, first served" basis with their RSVPs, because I signed up within like 30 min of it being announced. If I even attempt Nvidia, it will be later at night, because most of these parties not only filter out later in the night, but they tend to get better overall :D

Registration was closed by the time I checked. What was their registration process?

• pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular
    d3c0y wrote: »

Registration was closed by the time I checked. What was their registration process?

It was just a form you filled out with your name and email address.

Well, if its anything like it was last year (and i really hope it is) it was a really chill, laid back atmosphere

f7v9h.jpg
  • agreatrandomagreatrandom Wizard Outside BostonRegistered User regular
    Do the Swiss throw good parties?

5rOQuX4.png

Design Wizard, Pizza Enthusiast, Craft Beer Extraordinare from MA
  • aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    They have cheese and clocks !

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • EscoBladesEscoBlades Product Marketing Manager at Ubisoft Registered User regular
    So having spoken to someone who works for Twitch....

There's going to be a party during PAX and tickets will supposedly be made available soon. However, as the person is not in charge of the planning, they had no further details beyond what has been stated.

tHBv9m5.png
    Product Marketing Manager on Watch Dogs: Legion
    Youtube | Twitter
  • LadyLoveMonsterLadyLoveMonster Registered User regular
    EscoBlades wrote: »
    So having spoken to someone who works for Twitch....

There's going to be a party during PAX and tickets will supposedly be made available soon. However, as the person is not in charge of the planning, they had no further details beyond what has been stated.

Good to know! Thanks!

• QuantumShaddowQuantumShaddow Registered User regular
    EchoZero wrote: »

There was?????? When was it/where was it hosted?

3DS FC: 4441-8382-3645
    Switch: SW-7634-0399-6788

QGqFhNv.png
    Looks like Destructoid added a Sunday party at the Atlantic.

f7v9h.jpg
  • gihzmogihzmo Registered User regular
    Any idea when we should get to the Wildstar party? How early/long are the lines for these?

AnyoneLolow how MA bars treat ecigs? It'd be great to be able to vape but I know a lot of places still equate it to actual smoking. But I guess going out to smoke always lends to finding conversation lol.

Most towns in MA are strict on vaping. But look at the bright side, we will all be easily found outside of the bar so we can talk our hobby with each other.

Ill be rocking my Provari and Nemesis over the weekend. Ill give you a high five if I see ya

Haha yea I think its always fun running into fellow smokers. I alternate between vape and cigs.

I think my friday plans are Nvidia then Indies Need Booze then Destructoid. Saturday Wolfenstein then Asus then Sanshee, if I can get into Infinite Crisis that too.

Too ambitious? Lol

AnyoneLolow how MA bars treat ecigs? It'd be great to be able to vape but I know a lot of places still equate it to actual smoking. But I guess going out to smoke always lends to finding conversation lol.

Haha yea I think its always fun running into fellow smokers. I alternate between vape and cigs.

I think my friday plans are Nvidia then Indies Need Booze then Destructoid. Saturday Wolfenstein then Asus then Sanshee, if I can get into Infinite Crisis that too.

Too ambitious? Lol

Yeah that might be tough to pull off, but hey if you can do it I applaud you. Ill be at Nvidia, Wolfenstein, and Asus for sure. Might try for an Infinite Crisis as well.

f7v9h.jpg
    Any more info on the Sunday party for Destructoid?

• agreatrandomagreatrandom Wizard Outside BostonRegistered User regular
    And finally, join us as we say our goodbyes at the Atlantic Beer Gardens, just a few blocks away from the convention center at 146 Northern Ave. We're meeting up at 7pm, so you'd best be there!

http://www.destructoid.com/here-are-destructoid-s-pax-east-2014-plans--272849.phtml

5rOQuX4.png

Design Wizard, Pizza Enthusiast, Craft Beer Extraordinare from MA
    Thank you. Seems like a nice way to end the weekend

lol how close to pax are the gonna wait to till we get tickets for the twitch party I was hoping to get in there but cant wait much longer to get tickets

• EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    EchoZero wrote: »
    Im really hoping at th b is point for a Sunday party that goes on after PAX closes

There was?????? When was it/where was it hosted?

It was Sunday night at the Hard Rock Cafe at like 630PM

It was first come first served and it was a really good time. My group got a fast dinner and then got in line. We had no trouble at all.

I got the rejection email from NVIDIA.... good thing that I know people... cause I'm still going!!! Also, if Twitch is doing something at Underbar... it's the same location as Guilt. So, if you can get into either party, I'm sure that it will be worth the trip. I'm probably driving from the convention center to a parking garage across the street from Guilt/Underbar/Royale... track me down and I'll give you a lift. I just have to remove my two kid seats!!!!