As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pax East Pins Question

akl3inakl3in Registered User regular
Hi!

Im a forum n00b heading to Pax East only on sunday. I really like the 10 year anniversary pin, but it says only 200 will be made available for Sunday. will I have to rush to the PA booth as soon as the expo opens? or can I wait a while? thanks a lot for any advice!

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I'd recommend getting there early for them, better be safe than sorry.

• grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    No one call tell you that until Friday/Saturday are over :)

But considering the pool of people collecting increases every PAX and considering most people will be buying the limit of 2 and some eBay predators are going to be buying as many as they can scam out of the over tired booth sales people.

Your best bet is going to be line up as early as you possibly can. You can effectively consider this as only 600 pins on sale, however, a lot of the people with 2 are going to be getting the second to trade. So if you miss out on buying it, don't forget you can trade for it, try to scope out other pins at East that might be equally tough to acquire and you'll have a good chance.

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
  • akl3inakl3in Registered User regular
    ill make sure its the first thing I do! thanks for the help guys!

• DarthMonachusDarthMonachus Doctor Hershey, PARegistered User regular
    I'll be there on Sunday only as well, akl3in. Priority #1 for me is going to be getting in the merch booth line ASAP. Maybe I'll see you there!

Sounds good, see you there!

• miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    So I've got a question. Gabe posted the partner pins at http://penny-arcade.com/news/post/2014/03/21/pinny-arcade-at-pax-east which makes sense but on the East map in guidebook it looks like Playstation has pins to give away also? Anyone have any ideas what the deal with that is?

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    miker525 wrote: »
    So I've got a question. Gabe posted the partner pins at http://penny-arcade.com/news/post/2014/03/21/pinny-arcade-at-pax-east which makes sense but on the East map in guidebook it looks like Playstation has pins to give away also? Anyone have any ideas what the deal with that is?

He did say in the post that not all the pins were posted, it was just the majority.

• miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    miker525 wrote: »

He did say in the post that not all the pins were posted, it was just the majority.

Cool. Just wanted to double check since it seems like it's all of them minus the Playstation pins. Just found it kind of weird

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • ancienteternityancienteternity Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    The word going around is that Nintendo AND Sony won't be attending, so will there be Playstation pins?

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/25/nintendo-wont-attend-pax-east

ancienteternity on
    3HbAeAg.png

I'm ready for the next PAX already!
    If you look on the Guidebook app, there's a booth for "Playstation Community," no idea what that entails, but they have a Pinny Arcade emblem on it which is promising.

• oraclehkroraclehkr Registered User regular
    Does anyone have any idea who from the PA staff will be there? I'm wondering because I didn't bother to try to collect the staff pins from PAX Prime on the assumption that they'd all be attending PAX East as well. Problem I'm having is, people like Ben Kuchera who no longer work at PA anymore might not go? If that's the case...how do I trade pins with them! haha

• 00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    I believe all the staff will be there, other then Ben of course. For his pin I'd see if other staff have it to trade/other PAX goers have it to trade.

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Let me ask. Ben said he would try and sort something out, maybe he has an idea of what that is now it's closer to East.

• orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    When you asked him via tweet how one may collect his head, all I can think is this: Assassin's Creed V: Pinny Arcade Head Hunting

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Ben will be at Prime. I suggest anyone going to East who can't go to Prime gets their Pin Pal group organised for that one. Not got a group? Message @Manic2k‌

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I figure I will keep this in a PAX East questions thread.

Do we know if they will be selling any other sets? Like, I assume they would have the Lookouts one. Acquisitions Inc? Halloween? Xmas? I assume only Lookouts, if any others at all besides the Base and East 2014 sets.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    Is there a difference between the base set (the one with the wiener fairy and cat thingy) and the "east" set?

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Every year, every PAX has their own set of pins. "East set" refers to the exclusive set of pins available at this years PAX East, which includes the wiener fairy and 'cat thingy' (cats name is Thomas Kemper)

reference

Ayefkay on
    My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
    Very cool, thanks for the info... Clearly I need to brush up on my PA knowledge haha

• Midas244Midas244 Registered User regular
    @akl3in‌ you can go here to find out more info about pinny arcade. Also all the pins can be found here

Thank you for the info. I will have to pick up a lanyard at the pinny arcade booth and get to trading!

• rentfnrentfn Registered User regular
    Are people stocking up on a couple of core sets to trade for the staff heads?? That is what I was thinking about doing. I have an extra Christmas set. Might try to use those to get some of the other rareish pins I've missed. What are other peoples game plans??

rentfn wrote: »
    Are people stocking up on a couple of core sets to trade for the staff heads?? That is what I was thinking about doing. I have an extra Christmas set. Might try to use those to get some of the other rareish pins I've missed. What are other peoples game plans??

Since my Pin Pal group already has the 2013 Behemoth Pins, we are likely to use the spares we get this time as trade fodder. Cores and Christmas Sets are usually only good to trade with Staff.

• GerzzogGerzzog OhioRegistered User regular
    Behemoth pins are by far the cheapest per unit. But lookout pins are a close second. I have an extra lookouts because I thought they would not be sold out side of PAX so ill use those to get the new gabe and tycho pins.

• timebeingtimebeing Registered User regular
    At Prime people wanted my Pax Set, and Behemoth pins the most. Since Behemoth pins are random people who one one specific one were up for trading. I didn't care much for any specific one so I traded them all day and would go back and just spend another 5$ to get another one. Both workers liked the PAX set since they tended to be stuck in a both.

I wouldn't be surprised to find employees who have pins from Prime they are willing to trade. I got my Aus Chandra from a WotC employee