As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2014 dyamaps - nsf56k

dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community CartographerGold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
edited March 2014 in PAX East
It's that time again. The official maps are public via Guidebook, so here are the maps I've made on the official floor plans of the venue! Use with care :)

If you don't know what this is or why I'm doing it, I've been making these highly detailed maps for the past few years for each PAX because, while the official maps are quite pretty, they are not terribly "anatomically" correct in terms of the building layout. Some people prefer my maps, many prefer the official maps. I offer these for you to do with what you will.

Floor 00 high res link:
8R4xntL.png

Floor 01 high res link:
CGdcCP0.png

Floor 02 high res link:
DBR4kJG.png

Floor 03 high res link:
ItGtgYH.png

Compilation layout high res link:
rJkowNJ.jpg

Expo map: sorry, I was kinda lazy with this one. I pretty much just copied the Guidebook map onto my map.
liKbeUYh.png

For the first 3 links, if you want the .psd version, just change the file extension in the url from .png to .psd. Warning, large files ;)

a.k.a. dya
"Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
dyaballikl on

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Thanks so much dya! I wasn't sure if you were going to be around for these or not given your move :D

• Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    This East is likely to be my last U.S. PAX! At least for a while

a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I embedded some low res versions into the spoilers so the page doesn't take so long to load :P

This thread is an exception to the large image rule.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    zeromystzeromyst wat Registered User regular
    dya you are the best.

CRANK UP THE C. CRANK UP THE D.
  • Options
    teriwynteriwyn Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    Especially to a newbie trying to get an idea of how to get from point A to point B easily ... these maps are simply awesome. Thank you!

• Options
    vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    Hmm.. they buried ACAM in the back left this year - usually it's closer to the front on the right side. Being next to the handheld lounge will likely mean increased traffic for them, but they might miss folks who are just casually strolling around the BCEC.

Thanks for posting.

• Options
    VmKidVmKid Gone Bananas Shuggazoom CityRegistered User regular
    Nice! You even got the bathrooms on the main theater floor. During my first PAX I didn't realize there were bathrooms there since they're not drawn on the main map. That was a lot of fun, lemme tell ya.

KvTUvIQ.png
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    Very nice, thanks once again Dya! Do you know where the Boston8bit Chipspace is though? It was in 255 last year if I remember correctly, on the opposite side of the escalators from Jamspace.

NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    Very nice, thanks once again Dya! Do you know where the Boston8bit Chipspace is though? It was in 255 last year if I remember correctly, on the opposite side of the escalators from Jamspace.
    I was under the impression that they were sharing space. I could be totally wrong on that though.

• Options
    BCBarneyBCBarney Registered User regular
    Awesome maps! Did you by chance convert a map of the Expo Hall? I was attempting to look at it on Guidebook on my phone but seven square inches of screen just wasn't cutting it for me.

• Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I was under the impression that they were sharing space. I could be totally wrong on that though.

They are most likely not sharing space, the MAGFest guys didn't even know about the chipspace this year until Boston8bit announced it 1-2 weeks ago. Each (Jamspace/Chipspace) have their own schedules for performances and whatnot as well.

NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    Ah, gotcha.

• Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    Do you know where the Boston8bit Chipspace is though?
    Unfortunately, that is not on any map I received from management.
    BCBarney wrote: »
    Did you by chance convert a map of the Expo Hall?
    I did! ...last year :) I'll have a crack at it, though. Will update if able.

a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    Update with Expo map

a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    jacalatajacalata Registered User regular
    awesome maps, thanks dya! I have been including these in my windows phone pax app, they are much handier for navigating than the real maps.

Check out my PAX schedule assistant for Windows Phone - http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/pax-digital-assistant/6e56d005-983a-e011-854c-00237de2db9e. Feel free to send me feedback or requests at any time!
  • Options
    mpsmps Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    vttym wrote: »
    Hmm.. they buried ACAM in the back left this year - usually it's closer to the front on the right side. Being next to the handheld lounge will likely mean increased traffic for them, but they might miss folks who are just casually strolling around the BCEC.

For the record, we agreed with that location change. It makes a lot more sense to have console room and arcade closer together. Yeah, we loved that space at the front of the BCEC that we have had for the past few years, but since there is so much attendee crossover between the console room & arcade, it should result in a lot less walking for those wishing to move between rooms. Besides, if we decide to expand our PAX-East presence in future years, we have more room to grow the ACAM arcade exhibit in the new location.

mps on
  • Options
    BCBarneyBCBarney Registered User regular
    Thanks for the Expo map! Very cool to dig through that.

• Options
    Since we're actually really close to pax, and there are no web-available maps this year other than guidebook, I'm actually going to sticky this for folks for the duration of the show.

• Options
    UnnDunnUnnDunn New York, NYRegistered User regular
    vttym wrote: »

Thanks for posting.

The flipside is that ACAM has a bigger room than they had in previous years.

• Options
    KalSpiroKalSpiro Registered User new member
    This will be my fourth PAXe and yet I have never been to the Main Theatre, I didn't even know there was another floor. There are a bunch of things I want to see there this year so this is great. Thanks.