As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sgt. Superhero Thread: The Spring Spoilers

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Here's some Amazon links

snip

Thanks! This'll be a big help.

• Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    Guys how can Anka be so good at costume design and be so awesome and still think moviecaps best costume was his musical number outfit from the start of cap 1

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    At this rate, someone's going to be having sex and accidentally blurt out that meme in bed.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    At this rate, someone's going to be having sex and accidentally blurt out that meme in bed.

"accidentally"

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular

"accidentally"

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    that Winter Soldier infinite comic sucked

• Options
    edited April 2014
    BeenGhostedSign-231x300.jpg

Etchwarts on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    ahahahaha

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Grrrrrrrarglebargle , Seeing TWS tonight postponed , :'(

Did this to comfort myself
    1265112_10152859755156091_8000088071767032862_o.jpg

I may have an addiction

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    It's a photo finish!

And by finish, I mean death, because you just got 'ghosted, son!

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/29534206/#Comment_29534206

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Cross Thread Ghosting, we're getting into some expert level difficulty here!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Most of the tie-in comics have been passable at best.

Except for, Fury's Big Week, and that's solely because it's such a continuity wank that it's delightful.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    So Bendis says Flash is gonna become bros with Drax in his Guardians, as well as get a "cosmic makeover". Also after Original Sin there will be an Annual in August with Frank Cho that will get the series back on track with it's own plotlines as opposed to just bouncing between events.

I hope he doesn't get too much of an overhaul, he has an amazing costume.

Also apparently Venom was a more popular candidate to be the BIG EARTH HERO joining the team than Iron Man

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I don't even remember what happened in the Winter Soldier one, but the art was hideous

• Options
    edited April 2014
    I harp on this a lot, but Iron Man is space was such a wasted concept. Aside from a couple of good "Tony is amazed/entranced by alien tech" moments, and the Gamora thing going entirely wrong, nothing great came of it, and now it's over.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular

Well, just wait until "cut off one head and two more shall take its place" becomes a meme.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I pretty much gave up on the comic tie-in when became clear the comics writer for IM3 was either not told the twist or hamstrung to the point that they couldn't produce anything of value.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    the Agents of Shield episode this week was amazing

glad this is going places

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Holy fuck Agents of Shield
    i really hope Ward is a legit villain and not brainwashed/undercover

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    interviews given suggest he is the former

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Yaaaaay

• Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »

fakeout

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    Incidentally, I wonder how much of the show's pacing issues up to this point were because they needed to stall to make this fucking amazing crossover work. I'm talking filler episodes, and long gaps between new episodes.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    AoS
    That whole scene with Victoria Hand being all "Hey, you should shoot this guy" was really weird though.

• Options
    edited April 2014

Except for, Fury's Big Week, and that's solely because it's such a continuity wank that it's delightful.

That's the one that gives the origin for Coulson's Destroyer gun/revealed that Black Widow was around during The Incredible Hulk, right?

Etchwarts on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Incidentally, I wonder how much of the show's pacing issues up to this point were because they needed to stall to make this fucking amazing crossover work. I'm talking filler episodes, and long gaps between new episodes.

I hope none of it.

the long gaps I'm pinning on just the standard television garbage

naturally, it's hard to be sure, but I hope they get it straightened out for next year

(assuming there is a next year, but everything I've heard makes that a reasonable guess)

• Options
    In comics news, iron Fist was okay, but I get the feeling that Kaare Andrews' writing just isn't for me. Love the art though. Captain Marvel #2 was a LOT of fun, All-New Ultimates #1 was a promising first issue, but felt rushed/unclear in places. It probably should have been two issues, or 1.5 covering the same amount of story. My comic of the week though is Avengers Undercover #2. Cullen was great, the rest of the murderworld survivors all got fun/cool moments, and Bagalia was made a lot more interesting than just "an island of evil super people"

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »

My honest hope is
    Both. I hope Garrett conditioned/brainwashed the fuck out of Ward. And I hope that as Ward starts to realize it, he decides he likes who he is now. As long as he ends up a true believer in Hydra, I think him being brainwashed could actually help add a bit of tragic back story.

Mostly I'm just hoping for some straight-up Buffy season 2/Angel season 4 level good guy gone bad and loving it.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options

That's the one that gives the origin for Coulson's Destroyer gun/revealed that Black Widow was around during The Incredible Hulk, right?

Yup.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Secret Avengers
    CLAP FOR MODOK!

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Inadvertent Cap 2 / AoS spoilers
    30.jpg

What the hell, Spain?

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Comics were weird this week

Iron Fist wasn't bad, Danny is definitely angrier and angstier than usual but he still shined through near the end with some goofy dweeb behavior. Hopefully the series will being a little more of that up going forward.

Daredevil was great but jesus Bendis stop doing giant prose stories with still images of art they are annoying to read.

Shutter had an absolutely fantastic start and was probably my favorite book this week

ANXM had an insane murderer's row of artists but a super jarring shift in the middle and was basically a giant FUCK YOU to Hank McCoy who is one of my favorite X-Men so I ain't down with that

Yeah, wasn't too thrilled with my grabs either.

Iron Man had an implied plot bit that makes no sense and just felt redundant.

Meanwhile, Superior Foes of Spider-Man didn't have a single one of the regular cast in it. Not even in a cameo, as far as I noticed.

Last issue was a fill in, but it was a fill in that had the new Beetle in it, and some of the best Overdrive and Speed Demon bits in the series. (Speed Demon's plot for revenge on Hercules was especially amazing.)

This... didn't.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    It's so weird that while Marvel is killing it both in the movie box offices but also on TV and in the comics, DC's best thing going right now is a fucking CW show about the Green Arrow.

In fairness, that CW show is better than Agents of Shield.

Marvel's TV offerings have tended to suck since Spectacular and EMH went down. Even AoS, after the pilot, really only clawed its way north of acceptably mediocre once or twice before the recent offerings.

Speaking of AoS (and Cap 2 spoilers),
    I want Hand to have had some sort of double-secret Batman level of preparedness and somehow engineered a way to survive this. Like, she didn't think Ward was a traitor, but she was ready just in case. As for the two agents who went with her and the pilot, necessary sacrifices in Hand's eyes.

I know it's unlikely, but I like Hand. And Fury survived worse in the movie.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    It's so weird that while Marvel is killing it both in the movie box offices but also on TV and in the comics, DC's best thing going right now is a fucking CW show about the Green Arrow.

Marvel's TV offerings have tended to suck since Spectacular and EMH went down. Even AoS, after the pilot, really only clawed its way north of acceptably mediocre once or twice before the recent offerings.

I want Hand to have had some sort of double-secret Batman level of preparedness and somehow engineered a way to survive this. Like, she didn't think Ward was a traitor, but she was ready just in case. As for the two agents who went with her and the pilot, necessary sacrifices in Hand's eyes.

he did not survive worse. He get shot two times.

hand got gut shot and then capped an extra three at point blank range. and then was on a plane with the guy who shot her.

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Well, I suppose one way
    Hand could survive would be if that wasn't really her, just another agent using the Mission Impossible style disguise Black Widow used in the movie. If this was part of her plan, then she wouldn't have any problem sacrificing another agent.

• Options
    Joolander wrote: »
    Inadvertent Cap 2 / AoS spoilers
    30.jpg

What the hell, Spain?

Haha, this is actually really cool
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gürtel_case

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »

hand got gut shot and then capped an extra three at point blank range. and then was on a plane with the guy who shot her.
    Except he did. The laundry list of wounds he had in the secret hospital could not be caused by three bullet wounds. (Yes, Fury received three.)

And you're right, it's likely those cap shots were head shots. But if they weren't...

• Options
    Langly wrote: »

Except he did. The laundry list of wounds he had in the secret hospital could not be caused by three bullet wounds. (Yes, Fury received three.)

And you're right, it's likely those cap shots were head shots. But if they weren't...
    There was also that whole attack on the streets of DC thing.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    CA2
    Yeah, you even hear the little computer thing saying possible broken wrist(?) right at the beginning, and that's before his SUV gets flipped

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
This discussion has been closed.