As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[mlb] Fake Playoffs Now. Real Playoffs Soon.

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Of course I bench Schoop tonight and he has Two hits including a 3 run homer.

FortyTwo on
  • Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    I'm down right now. But a lot of categories are very close.

• Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Oh God, I'm starting Lincecum. Hold me.

=(

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Gyorko managed to go 0-7 today. I think he's getting benched for Bonifacio or Wong

• Options
    FortyTwo wrote: »
    Of course I bench Schoop tonight and he has Two hits including a 3 run homer.

The only reason I did was because the yahoo thing this morning said he was likely back today.

He wasn't. School had a great game and I'm down 2-8.

Bollocks.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I needed some pep so that's nice.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    goose accept my trade

• Options
    How can I have not one but two Oakland A's starters who never get put in the lineup ever

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    How can I have not one but two Oakland A's starters who never get put in the lineup ever

Coco is hurt, because when is he not hurt? And Reddick is batting .103 so you're better off with him not playing, honestly.

• Options
    coco was getting offdays before he was hurt

i think reddick will pull it together

• Options
    Pull what together? He has a career OBP of under .300, and in his best year he only batted .240

When Sam Fuld is starting over you on a daily basis you know it's pretty much over.

• Options
    a healthy josh reddick could hypothetically deliver 25 homers for my team who is already overstocked on OBP in many other places

i am badly lacking in SLG and HR

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Good fucking lord what is this nonsense from Hjorvarthr's line up.

Starling Castro hits 2 home runs, fucking midget Brian Dozier hits a homerun today.

Jose Altuve will probably hit a grand slam tonight.

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    :wink:

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    That new plate blocking rule cost the Pirates a run today. It was pretty damn terrible if that is actually how it's supposed to be called.

EDIT: http://m.pirates.mlb.com/video/v31970597/pitchc-castro-safe-at-home-on-platecollision-rule/?game_pk=380679

Schide on
  • Options
    Blockbuster trade incoming for Goose! to veto.

• Options
    who wants matt moore, he's for sale, long term investment!

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm going to ride this Emilio Bonifacio train as long as I can.

• Options
    Anyone interested in ice cold Gyorko or injured Jose Reyes?

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Now I just need Puig to get traded and/or Mattignly fired.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Schide wrote: »
    That new plate blocking rule cost the Pirates a run today. It was pretty damn terrible if that is actually how it's supposed to be called.

EDIT: http://m.pirates.mlb.com/video/v31970597/pitchc-castro-safe-at-home-on-platecollision-rule/?game_pk=380679

I don't see this lasting more than one year. It's too much of a judgment call for the umpire on whether or not a catcher is blocking the plate before they have the ball.

Like, in that video, Sanchez's left knee was blocking the plate before he had the ball. Sort of. But it certainly wasn't egregious.

Maximum on
  • Options
    Angry wrote: »
    Now I just need Puig to get traded and/or Mattignly fired.

I honestly don't think Puig makes it to the end of the season with the way he plays every day. He's a walking 60 day DL advertisement if I ever saw one.

I just regret losing that sweet sweet draft position I had him at, because I think in a few more years he'll be Vlad Guerrero 2.0

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    Schide wrote: »

I don't see this lasting more than one year. It's too much of a judgment call for the umpire on whether or not a catcher is blocking the plate before they have the ball.

Like, in that video, Sanchez's left knee was blocking the plate before he had the ball. Sort of. But it certainly wasn't egregious.

Ok, now I'm hearing it wasn't a plate blocking thing at all, the umpire just thought he was safe. Got his foot in or something before he was tagged.

No idea why it wasn't challenged.

• Options
    interesting trade. I think Puig is a better overall value than Price

Especially since Rays stars who go to other teams tend to self-immolate and Price is 100% not staying with the Rays after this year

• Options
    Jasconius wrote: »
    interesting trade. I think Puig is a better overall value than Price

Especially since Rays stars who go to other teams tend to self-immolate and Price is 100% not staying with the Rays after this year

I'm playing for this year, baby!

• Options
    which reminds me I need to subscribe to baseball prospectus tonight so I can read their new article explaining why BJ Upton is the new Mendoza

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    IhxJBlm.jpg

Minutes before the Yanks game started

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Watching the game now and it's relatively full. It's a Thursday night.

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Doolittle and Nova hooked me up this week!

And by me I mean I'm playing against them.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Sent a couple of trade proposals out.

• Options
    If anyone has a SS, 3B, or SP they are willing to part with in exchange for one of my OF, we can do a deal

particularly SP though

• Options
    So they are saying the reason why he was called safe is not because the plate was illegally blocked, but instead because the ball was in his bare hand and not his glove.

• Options
    So they are saying the reason why he was called safe is not because the plate was illegally blocked, but instead because the ball was in his bare hand and not his glove.

Link?

• Options
    They were talking about it on MLB Network tonight so is not official I guess.

• Options
    My team needs to wake up today.

• Options
    my team needs to wake up this week

my pitching is in real trouble this week. if I have two bad starts tomorrow then I might not even make the IP limit

• Options
    You out waivered me on Beurhle

• Options
    You out waivered me on Beurhle

that's what you get for beating me last week

• Options
    Surely that pickup will be the difference between winning and not winning this year.

• Options
    Surely that pickup will be the difference between winning and not winning this year.

His projected stats prior to his last start were pretty good.

33-0, 0.00 ERA, 333 K, 0.58 WHIP, 286 IP, 11 K/BB, .351 opp. OPS

Not too shabby.

This discussion has been closed.