As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[nfl] THIS THREAD IS AS DEAD AS THE BUCS PLAYOFF CHANCES!

• SquirrelmobSquirrelmob Registered User regular
    In non-DJax news, the Lions signed Dan Orlovsky as their backup.

Let's review Orlovsky's most remembered experience from the previous time he was with the Lions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGs1VuT6FEw

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Well thankfully he's the back up and fatty matty has been pretty healthy. I mean who was the lions back up last year? Exactly.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Huh, apparently Shaun Hill left. I do not pay attention to the NFL offseason.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    the article would be perfectly fine if in fact desean was released for having suspicions of gang ties and not because they already wanted to cut him

Well that was the point of the article. Trying to challenge preconceived notions and to actually get the NFL, clubs and apparently fans to think about where a good number of these individuals come from.

• HeraldSHeraldS Registered User regular
    Chip Kelly didn't want a pain in the ass with work ethic issues poisoning the well for the younger players. Having signed that hugely back-loaded contract probably didn't help either. No idea why players keep going for that shit- massive non-guaranteed pay increases at the end of your deal just means you're going to get cut, traded, or have to renegotiate your deal to stay. No one ever sees that money outside of QBs.

Colt McCoy is now a slur! Good job getting that hot property Snyder.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Seantrel Henderson of Miami (FL) somehow managed to quit a pro day workout.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    The article states it was dehydration.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but while I'm sure your pro day workout is no joke, I would have thought it's far from the most vigorous thing a player has ever done. And I'm sure you can have a sip of water.

If it was legitimately dehydration, that speaks to quite a conditioning/preparation problem. I'm on the fence if that's just a BS excuse.

Cog on
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    Cog wrote: »
    The article states it was dehydration.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but while I'm sure your pro day workout is no joke, I would have thought it's far from the most vigorous thing a player has ever done. And I'm sure you can have a sip of water.

If it was legitimately dehydration, that speaks to quite a conditioning/preparation problem. I'm on the fence if that's just a BS excuse.

To be fair it's also a very unusual event, and he certainly wouldn't be the first athlete to forget to drink some water before some big deal event.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    Seahawks are going to hold a press conference today to announce pete carrol is leaving to avoid sanctions against the seahawks.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Bills just traded a 6th round pick to Tampa for Mike Williams.

As long as he can stay healthy and away from his brother should be a decent pick up!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    That makes the Skins quite potent. If RGIII can progress more on the reads and/or get more of his step back. Also if Desean decides to play while wearing red ;).

Having lived here for 8 seasons now I am quite confident that the Skins can take any player and grind them into a pile of ineffective dust.

steam_sig.png
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    HeraldS wrote: »
    Chip Kelly didn't want a pain in the ass with work ethic issues poisoning the well for the younger players. Having signed that hugely back-loaded contract probably didn't help either. No idea why players keep going for that shit- massive non-guaranteed pay increases at the end of your deal just means you're going to get cut, traded, or have to renegotiate your deal to stay. No one ever sees that money outside of QBs.

Guaranteed money can only be a certain % of the contract's total worth. So if you want 12m guaranteed over 3 years, you need to make the contract big enough to accommodate that. So extra years are added at inflated amounts that the club doesn't intend to keep and the guaranteed money gets prorated out even more

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • HeraldSHeraldS Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    HeraldS wrote: »

Guaranteed money can only be a certain % of the contract's total worth. So if you want 12m guaranteed over 3 years, you need to make the contract big enough to accommodate that. So extra years are added at inflated amounts that the club doesn't intend to keep and the guaranteed money gets prorated out even more

Weird. Didn't realize that. Thanks for the heads up.

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Seahawks are going to hold a press conference today to announce pete carrol is leaving to avoid sanctions against the seahawks.

Or you know give him a 3 year extension.

Well sure back in reality...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    oh dear god BB brought back patrick "never saw a pass i didn't like to lose track of" chung

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    Podly wrote: »
    oh dear god BB brought back patrick "never saw a pass i didn't like to lose track of" chung

DEFENSE OF THE GODS!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    JJ Watt is so awesome. I'm going to be super sad when he inevitably leaves Houston, and will at least partially root for whatever team he ends up on.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
    Yeah his fantasy football commercials were great.

"Baxter no."

pleasepaypreacher.net
    http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2014/04/brandon-spikes-versus-twitter-massholes.html

@Podly is sadder today after Brandon Spikes blocked him on twitter.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pat-kirwan/24520092/simms-on-qbs-in-draft-from-manziel-circus-to-bridgewater-red-flags

Phill Simms showing the wisdom he earned from all those years getting concussions.

pleasepaypreacher.net

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

Dude, I was just about to post that. WTF Kaep? What is wrong with NFL players? I just...AHHHH!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Well at this point no way he gets convicted of anything based on whats being reported in that story. And as we saw with Winston its not like football cares if you're a rapist.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Dude, I was just about to post that. WTF Kaep? What is wrong with NFL players? I just...AHHHH!

A culture of entitlement since at least highschool, combined with a shitload of money and fame.

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

A culture of entitlement since at least highschool, combined with a shitload of money and fame.

This does not explain the rapey stuff. Can't these buffoons find some willing partners?

edited April 2014
    Well at this point no way he gets convicted of anything based on whats being reported in that story. And as we saw with Winston its not like football cares if you're a rapist.

82a7e.jpg

Cog on
    I forgot Ben because Pittsburgh is a dumpster fire of horrible that would let a child murderer play qb if he could get results.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I think Cog's picture could be an accurate response to david's question as well.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    it sounds like he at least had the sense to stop, putting him above good ol rapey

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    sigh
    all that love that turtle has given him
    and he feels he still needs some more
    shame

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    The sad part is how easy it was to find a picture of Ben looking all skeezy and rapey.

• CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    As far as I can tell the only thing that the police have said is they are investigating it because a chick woke up in the hospital with no memory of getting there. There isn't even a story here yet, she might have just passed out and they took her to the emergency room.

The sad part is how easy it was to find a picture of Ben looking all skeezy and rapey.

Well its pretty much his default stance.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ExrielExriel Registered User regular
    Extremely disappointing if the allegations turn out to be true, although to be honest, from that article it's not entirely clear what the allegations are. Pure speculation, but from the information we do have, either they drugged her training day style with the bong and the peek was to figure out if it was working yet, or she just got too drunk and they tried to avoid controversy by dropping her off at a hospital. Have to say though, all that space at the end of the incident report, where it looks like additional details were crossed out before making the document public, doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence that this was just a misunderstanding.

Its just really confusing what is being alledged to be honest. Other than two niners and a seahawk hanging out together.

What I'm saying is Dockett should be gone for that alone.

pleasepaypreacher.net