As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2nd Annual Pre-PAX Game Night at the Boston Marriott Long Wharf! (Updated 4/9/14)

13»

• Dio82Dio82 Registered User new member
    Just out of curiosity is this strictly limited to PAX guest? I'm in Boston until sunday and i'd love to attend PAX on saturday evening if i can get a pass that isn't too expensive (i can't attend until sat evening due to work) but i'd love to do some gaming with some fellow gaming geeks :)

If there is interest i could bring with me Qwirkle (which i just bought while i'm down in the states :))

• HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Renneesme wrote: »
    OK.... super sad now. The pokecrawl starts at 7ish and my first bar is right down the street (literallly) from this board game night. So, we were going to go to this one instead of the Westin one! But I thought it started at 4 for some reason... nevermind :(

:(

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Dio82 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity is this strictly limited to PAX guest? I'm in Boston until sunday and i'd love to attend PAX on saturday evening if i can get a pass that isn't too expensive (i can't attend until sat evening due to work) but i'd love to do some gaming with some fellow gaming geeks :)

If there is interest i could bring with me Qwirkle (which i just bought while i'm down in the states :))

No man it's open to everyone! Come on down!

• Dio82Dio82 Registered User new member
    Sweet ! I'll see what i can do !

• gonexallgonexall PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    I just picked up BANG! The Dice Game, which is super-fun and I like even better than BANG! in many ways. And yes, I will bring it!

gonexall wrote: »
    I just picked up BANG! The Dice Game, which is super-fun and I like even better than BANG! in many ways. And yes, I will bring it!

Then yes, I will add it :)

• SquirrelDragonSquirrelDragon Registered User regular
    I'll be there with King of Tokyo, Zombie Dice, Cthulhu Dice, We Didn't Playtest This At All + Either, and some Magic the Gathering decks

• smertepunktsmertepunkt Registered User regular
    I'd offer to bring Hanabi, since that's a fun, small game, but it might be a good way to make enemies since it seems to inspire bitterness at times. :stuck_out_tongue:

Either way, I really really hope to make it to play some games and meet some people!

Bring Hanabi! That game is awesome!
    Well, I don't know...you'd have to twist my arm. Wait a sec, it's already packed in my bag and ready to go to Boston- how'd that happen? I guess it would be silly to take it out now...

;)

A
    I'll be there with King of Tokyo, Zombie Dice, Cthulhu Dice, We Didn't Playtest This At All + Either, and some Magic the Gathering decks

Awesome! Updating the list now

Well I'm wide awake! See you all tonight!

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Renneesme wrote: »
    OK.... super sad now. The pokecrawl starts at 7ish and my first bar is right down the street (literallly) from this board game night. So, we were going to go to this one instead of the Westin one! But I thought it started at 4 for some reason... nevermind :(

The two game nights have slightly different schedules. The Westin starts at 4, so you could always swing by first and head to the crawl later if you want. Also, the Mariott will be gaming till midnight and the Westin usually goes to 2 or 4 am. The Westin is only 1.3 miles from the crawl/Mariott. It's quick to hop between them.

The thing about PAXmas eve is that it's hard to choose between all the cool stuff that's going on!

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • gonexallgonexall PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    Just packed and I could not fit Zombie Dice or The Committee for the Exploration of Mysteries.

Still Bringing:
    Summoner Wars
    Dungeon Roll
    Fiasco
    Once Upon a Time
    Smash Up
    Bang! Dice Game
    Werewolf
    Chrononauts
    Fluxx
    Pirates of the Spanish Main Card Game
    Love Letter
    Citadels
    Cthulu Dice

Just packed and I could not fit Zombie Dice or The Committee for the Exploration of Mysteries.

Still Bringing:
    Summoner Wars
    Dungeon Roll
    Fiasco
    Once Upon a Time
    Smash Up
    Bang! Dice Game
    Werewolf
    Chrononauts
    Fluxx
    Love Letter
    Citadels
    Cthulu Dice

Ok I'll update the list later. I think you didn't pack enough lol.

• CulinaryCulinary Registered User new member
    edited April 2014
    Hey guys. Do you have to post in this thread to participate in this event? I'm in Boston right now and I was gonna swing by. I have love letter, tsuro, paint the line and zombie dice.

Culinary on

Still Bringing:
    Summoner Wars
    Dungeon Roll
    Fiasco
    Once Upon a Time
    Smash Up
    Bang! Dice Game
    Werewolf
    Chrononauts
    Fluxx
    Love Letter
    Citadels
    Cthulu Dice

Ok I'll update the list later. I think you didn't pack enough lol.

Culinary wrote: »
    Hey guys. Do you have to post in this thread to participate in this event? I'm in Boston right now and I was gonna swing by. I have love letter, tsuro, paint the line and zombie dice.

Come on down! See you tonight!

Tragedy has struck! I forgot my tye dyed hat! Look for the guy in the Link Skywalker shirt. That's me!

• NoxnoctisNoxnoctis Registered User regular
    Hey, want to bring an variation of axis and allies to the game room. Something my buds purchased today and are geek out over. Hope this will be ok.

• TripleozeroTripleozero Registered User regular
    Hows the crowd? Will be there in a few. Pulled my calf over at the Ren so the walk is gonna suck.

Noxnoctis wrote: »
    Hey, want to bring an variation of axis and allies to the game room. Something my buds purchased today and are geek out over. Hope this will be ok.

Yeah man that's cool! Also Triple, sucks about your calf. No rush, take your time lol

• smertepunktsmertepunkt Registered User regular
    I'm here all set up with Tsuro in a front corner, so come play! I've also got Gloom, Hanabi, Love Letter and Metagame.

• CulinaryCulinary Registered User new member
    This was an awesome night! Had to leave at around 10 PM but everyone was very accommodating. The hotel staff was amazing as well! Thanks for making this happen.

Culinary wrote: »
    This was an awesome night! Had to leave at around 10 PM but everyone was very accommodating. The hotel staff was amazing as well! Thanks for making this happen.

Glad you had a good time!

• cbrcbr Registered User regular
    I'm thinking about heading over now that the Pokecrawl is over... Anyone still going to be playing games for a bit?

• randy_wreckedrandy_wrecked Gunslinger Harrisburg, PARegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    What a night! Big thanks to Will and the Ninjaverse crew for hosting another excellent event.

randy_wrecked on
    Video Game Hangover is a podcast for gamers who overindulge.
    Put it in your ear holes.
  • TripleozeroTripleozero Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Sorry to the guys that wanted to play eldritch horror... I had to leave earlier than expected. Send me a text at 6784644742 to set something up at PAX itself or on Sunday.

Tripleozero on
    Hey guys! I just wanted to say that I'm glad everyone had a great time. We topped out at about 100 people! next year I'll try to get the conference room for us!

Hey guys! What feedback do you have for this years game night?