As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Day 1 East pin-line meet up.

12346»

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Gerzzog wrote: »
    Saw the tentative schedule on a previous page. lol. So is everyone going to just use The twitter for contacts and updates or was there a final decision for how to communicate?
    Be great if we had a hashtag we could use and search on. #pinnypals maybe? Or something East specific so we don't confuse those who aren't there. #eastpinny?

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Saw the tentative schedule on a previous page. lol. So is everyone going to just use The twitter for contacts and updates or was there a final decision for how to communicate?

Because of the fluid nature of PAX, the only thing Confirmed at this time is the Thursday Night BoardGame meet-up, and the Breakfast at the Westin. I shall be using the Pinnypal account to broadcast meet-up locations every hour, as well as sporadic news on Leeroy Jenkins sightings and other Pin News. I'm hoping that at the breakfast we can organize The Swarm of Leeroy Jenkins, but since most people are going to the Merch booth first, that might just have to be a Hive Mind coincidence.

PedroAsani on
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    For the Pinny Arcade Trading Event on Saturday, do you think it's safe to assume all of the staff members will be there trading their heads? Obviously Mike/Jerry will be there, but I'm just really hoping everyone else is so I can get all the heads...

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    What time is breakfast planned?

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
    For the Pinny Arcade Trading Event on Saturday, do you think it's safe to assume all of the staff members will be there trading their heads? Obviously Mike/Jerry will be there, but I'm just really hoping everyone else is so I can get all the heads...

I'd expect all the ones to be there, except for any who can't be. Meaning all staff should be at PAX as far as I know, but situations may arise that draw some of these people away. They are the event organizers after all.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular

If it's anything like Benaroya from Prime, it will be everyone not in a panel, conducting an interview and/or putting out fires both metaphorical and literal.
    Beker wrote: »
    What time is breakfast planned?

It starts as soon as they put out the bacon. Likely most people will begin to queue around 7:30-8am.

• GerzzogGerzzog OhioRegistered User regular
    Not be an annoying OCD person but you said " I shall be using the Pinnypal account to broadcast meet-up locations every hour, as well as sporadic news on Leeroy Jenkins sightings and other Pin News." The twitter you linked is different than the one on the Pinny Pal website. Should I follow both?

• rentfnrentfn Registered User regular
    I'm really excited to talk to people while waiting in lines. Most of the people I go with don't like getting in line at eight...so sorry if I talk someones ear off ;)

Also probably the wrong spot but this is where I just wrote lol. Does bandland open at 8 or 10? I know it is kind of up to the person who's booth it is, but does anyone know if we can mob them after hitting up the merch booth on Friday?

Not be an annoying OCD person but you said " I shall be using the Pinnypal account to broadcast meet-up locations every hour, as well as sporadic news on Leeroy Jenkins sightings and other Pin News." The twitter you linked is different than the one on the Pinny Pal website. Should I follow both?

Manic has one for the Pinny Pal facebook, and I have the other for general Pin news. Follow both, but mine for PAX East.

rentfn wrote: »
    I'm really excited to talk to people while waiting in lines. Most of the people I go with don't like getting in line at eight...so sorry if I talk someones ear off ;)

Find me and we can play Dobble whilst waiting.

• SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    So Breakfast is 6:30 a.m. at the Westin, right?

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    If anyone cares, I'll be wearing my The Wonderful 101 Jacket/shirt combo (what the Nintendo employees had on at PAX Prime), so if you spot me trade with me and stuff. I'll probably miss the breakfast but will be with you guys in line hopefully.

I'm also going to be hanging out at Harpoon Brewery for a few hours in the afternoon, and then either the Seaport/Westin for board games, and then the Pokecrawl. I'm down to meet up and trade during any of these times as well, otherwise I'll see most of you Friday!

Just so that folks know what I look like, I updated my profile picture to one of me holding a cat, as a Magic Card. You're welcome everybody.

Mike is in the mezz with Thornwatch right now, come trade pins with him and me.

Well that sounds delightful. I am so excited for tomorrow.

Also,I'll be at the Westin for breakfast between 6:30 and 6:45!

For the record I got Strip search, aus Tycho, hmet Tycho from jerry, and broodax Gabe from Mike. Good weekend.

• rentfnrentfn Registered User regular
    For the record I got Strip search, aus Tycho, hmet Tycho from jerry, and broodax Gabe from Mike. Good weekend.

Amazing start!!! Let us all be this lucky this weekend!!!

Oh and Levin randomly.

• DiffusionDiffusion Pin Cushion OmahaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Its 6 am and im early but where is said restraunt in the westin?

Edit: I dumb head if anyone shows up til it opens Im at a table by Starbucks In the prinny hat.

Diffusion on
    Everyone's favorite "Bag of Pinny", Proud member of The Pin Cushions, Prinny hat pinster.

My pins are right here!
    Feel free to send me a trade request!
    I'm heading there bow

• DiffusionDiffusion Pin Cushion OmahaRegistered User regular
    Ended up goin to the con line as its gettin big like always quick

Everyone's favorite "Bag of Pinny", Proud member of The Pin Cushions, Prinny hat pinster.

My pins are right here!
    Feel free to send me a trade request!
  • thx42thx42 SeattleRegistered User regular
    Are people going to meet up someplace when the expo hall closes to debrief?

I am going to be at the Thornwatch playtest in the main queue room from 730 until around 9pm, and then back again from 10pm until kickout.

• sanchx32sanchx32 Montoursville, PARegistered User regular
    Are you playing or watching...

Digital Lanyard

“Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” – Yoda, Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace, 1999