As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Boston Restaurant/Dining Suggestions 2014 (**Update in OP**)

12346»

• Options
    renducyrenducy Registered User regular
    Garden at the Cellar is my faaaaaaavorite. Nom nom nom.

I also really like Area 4 over by Meadhall.

• Options
    cookiekrushcookiekrush Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    kube00 wrote: »
    Did I ask this before? I'll be staying in Cambridge and outside of Meadhall, do you guys have any other recommendations for food and drink in the area?

Friendly Toast! Glorious breakfast food all day long. They got great pub (ish?) food. Friday/Saturday, they're open til 1AM. It's a little hipstery, but it's really good food. Great for any veggie eaters as well. I believe this location also serves beer/liquor as well.

cookiekrush on
    Pinny Pals - open to trading!
    Looking for Edith Finch Pin!
  • Options
    randy_wreckedrandy_wrecked Gunslinger Harrisburg, PARegistered User regular
    My Thai Vegan Cafe
    3 Beach St
    2nd Fl
    Boston, MA 02111

My Thai is amazing! 100% vegan and only a 15-20 minute walk from the BCEC. Check out the menu here.

Video Game Hangover is a podcast for gamers who overindulge.
    Put it in your ear holes.
  • Options
    Davincivirus77Davincivirus77 Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Archie's New York Deli 101 Arch St #150, Boston, MA 02110 Breakfast $5-10
    Get the Yahoo! Breakfast sandwich (Portuguese Sweet Rolls grilled with a fried egg, meat, cheese, and a hash brown patty. Oh....and they make their own Sriracha.

Bon Me - Vietnamese Food Truck $4-10
    Delicious rice, noodle, and sandwiches
    Right outside South Station on the Greenway there.

Davincivirus77 on
  • Options
    kube00kube00 SE WA StateRegistered User regular
    My Thai Vegan Cafe
    3 Beach St
    2nd Fl
    Boston, MA 02111

My Thai is amazing! 100% vegan and only a 15-20 minute walk from the BCEC. Check out the menu here.

I will have to check this out

1st PAX was Prime 2010. Made it to several more Primes/West. Been to East and South. Headed back to West in 2019 for my 12th PAX.

Twitter:kube00
  • Options
    erzhikerzhik Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    cocowoushi wrote: »
    Looking to hear some personal experience about good Sushi places in Chinatown. I've read the yelp reviews for some places, but if like to hear a fellow PAX-goer's opinion.

There is only one good sushi place in Chinatown. It's Avana Sushi. It's hidden inside a building, it looks extremely run down, it's not even a restaurant, looks more like a store considering that they also sell cellphones right there in the same room. But the sushi is amazing and very affordable. I guarantee you won't regret it.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/avana-sushi-boston

erzhik on
  • Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Does anyone have a recommendation for a good mexican place? Theres one by the hotel im staying at but it got horrible reviews.

Also, didnt see AK's on the Google Doc list but this is a great place for affordable sandwiches and pizza. Its a few blocks away from the BCEC and I believe theyd even deliver to it.

AK's
    309 D St
    South Boston, MA 02127

Triiipledot on
  • Options
    ElzemereElzemere BostonRegistered User regular
    @Triiipledot‌
    I'd suggest TenochMexican. They have a small brick and mortar restaurant in the north end. About 5 minute walk from the Aquarium.

• Options
    imnotalawyerimnotalawyer Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    If anyone is looking for a sandwich I HAVE to recommend Al's State Street Cafe!

http://www.alscafes.com

$8 gets you a 16 inch sub... absolutely delicious and I stretched it into two meals. The location on State Street is about a 10 to 15 minute walk from BCEC (closer if you're at the Omni or one of the surrounding hotels). AMAZING

imnotalawyer on
    faPgNTD