As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sometimes a page won't load

bowenbowen How you doin'?Registered User regular
Occasionally when I'm navigating to different threads or forums, I'll get a completely blank page. A refresh will fix it. Doesn't really bug me at all, but, I thought I'd give a heads up in case something nefarious is going down.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Something is, since last night. We're working on it.
    Thanks

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I'm getting this too. Not sure if you need more data or whatever, but I'm on Chrome.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    It's definitely getting worse, way worse than it was this morning. Maybe I got it once every 10 minutes, now I get it every few page loads.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Icy's eating up all of Penny Arcade's internet by streaming all the March Madness games.

• Options
    Bitcoin mining probably more likely. I'm on to you, Icy.

• Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    Ironically, I got it when I went to this thread.

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    There was a pretty catastrophic problem last night that has persisted into today. It is the source of these issues.
    I'm doing the best I can with it, but some of it is out of my hands.

871jft6fulrs.png

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I think it might be causing some problems with posting too. Some times I'll hit post and it just sits there or like just now when I tried to agree with the OP it highlights but then does nothing. Also, its eating post when I hit post.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Not sure if it's related to this, but I'm occasionally getting a "permission problem" pop-up when it auto saves my draft.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    I believe this should be resolved now.

• Options
    You da bes Icy.

I'd hug you.

But how does a cold metal Exosuit feel about human emotions anyways?

• Options
    Honestly this has been some of the most stressful 12 hours of my life.
    I think my hair is noticeably more gray.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Possibly related, I got this error when I clicked the link of the latest comic thread (Combuskible):

http://i.imgur.com/us2E8RM.png
    http://i.imgur.com/Eh0JKAL.png

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I've been getting it a lot on the mobile version. Not at all on the full desktop site. Chrome on both.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    Honestly this has been some of the most stressful 12 hours of my life.
    I think my hair is noticeably more gray.

Just wanted to let you know that I don't think I've seen this at all in a week. Seems to be fixed! Thanks, Icy!

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I've been getting a new kind of error today on the forum. I didn't catch the exact wording of it, that's my fault. Something in the 500-range of numbers, and something about a Guru.

• Options
    Upcoming maintenance is intended to solve this problem.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I'm sure you already know this, @IcyLiquid‌ , but in case you don't I'm getting a lot of 503 errors.

Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable

Guru Meditation:

XID: 1801641394

Varnish cache server

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Yup, thanks.
    This should improve now, I've fixed the piece of this that was affecting you guys the most.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Still happening to me.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Error 503 Service Unavailable
    Service Unavailable
    Guru Meditation:
    XID: 1801869533
    Varnish cache server

Getting that notice in the little transparent updates on the bottom left of the screen (whenever I am typing/submitting in a comment) and on every 3rd or 4th pageload fail.

Edit: This took about 23 attempts of "post reply" over the course of 2-3 minutes to get through.

Enc on
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    We should be back in action at this point. Traffic across the network has subsided a little, and I've done some wizard chicanery to fix a few bottlenecks.

IcyLiquid on
  • Options
    Please let me know if you get more 503s or Guru whatevers

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I've said it before, but I'd love to be a bug on the wall about what's causing this kind of thing. Yeah, I know NDAs and trade secrets and what not, but just studying how this place operates helps me get better at my job, I feel. Plus I am always curious if someone is just running a really huge database query or something. :)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    All the infrastructure and screenshots of their infrastructure monitoring is just sweet ass amazing.

Icy posts stuff here and there in the system admin thread in moes.

They're so pretty.

• Options
    I always forget that thread exists, probably because I tend to forget that subforum exists now that I don't spend much time in G&T anymore. :(

• Options
    Just as an FYI to @icyliquid I'm sure this is because of PAX, but, noticing a huge performance decrease this morning.

I did get one "something happened" error earlier but mostly just slowness

• Options
    We're aware of it, though it has nothing to do with PAX and is not capacity related.