As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Calling all singers for PAX EAST 2014: Accaprotomen!

2»

• Options
    RidleyDragonRidleyDragon Registered User regular
    Apologies, I'm going to both, saying I'm going to prime in case anyone else is and wants to say hi.

PW0oFIs.png
  • Options
    Lady AmaltheaLady Amalthea Registered User regular
    I can actually sing Sop2 and Alt 1 as well as Sop1, it's been a while since I have sang professionally and depending on the arrangement Sop1 might be... ambitious? We shall see, I'm pretty flexible.

I would like to nominate doing an Ocarina of Time Medley! With just La-La's and Dom-Dom's etc. I think it would be a lot of fun!

Who is going to PAX South?
  • Options
    williamstomewilliamstome Registered User regular
    Mayhaps we should all take this to email, for more rapid response? We need to choose songs and it's important that everyone's in on that conversation. If people PM me their email address (or email me at williamstome/at/msn/dot/com) I can start up an email chain :)

• Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    William, did people email you? I didn't hear back but I'm working on Want You Gone... with a special surprise in there I think you guys are gonna really like. :)

• Options
    Hey guys- here's a reminder to email me at williamsTomE@msn.com so we can get a private email chain going on this: 3 have responded to me so far.
    :) -Tom

• Options
    Any updates on this, Tom? Should I keep arranging my JoCo?

• Options
    IronPirateIronPirate Registered User regular
    I like this idea. Used to sing in College. T2 (sometimes T1 and Bari.)

• Options
    RedBeastMageRedBeastMage Registered User regular
    I'm down, Tenor 1, college voice major, althought its been a few years.

I swear, I'm retiring from any game with the word 'Revolution" in the title. I must be the only person who breathed a sigh of relief at not being called for the Omegathon this year.
  • Options
    Yes @Ilta, keep arranging! :)
    RBM, send me your email address!

• Options
    ALSO: OTHER PEOPLE OUT THERE: WE"RE STILL IN NEED OF ANOTHER LOW BASS OR BEATBOXER!

• Options
    sfford2008sfford2008 Registered User regular
    I sang bass in my accapella group in college...I haven't sang in about a long time, but I think i would love to be a part of it!

• Options
    Awesome, if you want in, PM me your email address or email me at williamstome/at/msn/dot/com

• Options
    letsgamelawlzletsgamelawlz If you want to know me, CHEESE Aperture scienceRegistered User regular
    I'm a contralto, but I dunno if I'll join....I feel like I'm too young....

it seems everybody is doing this so....PAX EAST 2014: Badges[X] Travel[X] FRANNDS [X] My video game spirit [X] Party supplies[]
  • Options
    TinTangoTinTango Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Kia Ora! I'm coming to paxEast from New Zealand, and can I say this sounds Awesome! Can I join as a baritone (b1) please? It's been a while but I used to sing in an amateur opera group in University. Not so good with sight singing, but I make up for it with lots of practice.

TinTango on
  • Options
    knw257knw257 Registered User new member
    This sounds awesome. I've done both school and church choir, and sing baritone. If this ends up being a thing, I'd definitely like to be a part.

• Options
    lunestralunestra The Alchemist LowellRegistered User regular
    I am all for this. I can do alto and soprano 1. I plan to be at pax east all three days and could possibly meet with people who live in MA before the con to practice. I can do a little beatbox but nothing even close to professional

• Options
    Smeg77Smeg77 London, UKRegistered User new member
    edited October 2013
    Rather than singing cold when you all meet up, why not have a couple of sessions on Skype/TS/Vent not the best but at least it'll give you something to go on rather than hoping for the best at the event.

Smeg77 on
  • Options
    bearhugs87bearhugs87 Registered User new member
    i sing Tenor 1 and LOVE this idea. If you still need people I would love to join in.

• Options
    Hey all, we're looking for one S1 (High soprano)! Email me at williamstome@Msn.com if you're interested.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Hey all, we're looking for one HIGH SOPRANO and one MEZZO SOPRANO to fill vacancies in our A CAPPELLA GROUP. We will be performing songs by the PROTOMEN and JONATHAN COULTON! If you're interested, please let me know ASAP at williamstome@msn.com :)

williamstome on
  • Options
    mtalmormtalmor Registered User regular
    Have you found a mezzo soprano yet? I am considering joining, but can't commit yet.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    So... judging by The ProtoMen's latest newsletter they may not be coming to PAX. They talk about how their show in March will likely be their last show until June, because they're going on the Vans Warped Tour for a few months... so don't get your hopes too high for doing this near their booth.

Nothing is set in stone obviously, I'm just not getting my hopes up :/

• Options
    Sounds like people will just be missing Protomen songs then. Perfect! :)

And we still have the Want You Gone arrangement if singing peoples' songs at them is a thing we want to do.

• Options
    mtalmor yes we're still looking for a high soprano and a mezzo! Contact me at williamstome@msn.com if you're interested!

• Options
    dyeingbraddyeingbrad Registered User regular
    I can do Tenor and Baritone but I am not that good since I am only in High school chorus but if you want me I'm there and I'd be glad to join in!

• Options
    AngrypastaAngrypasta Registered User regular
    So... judging by The ProtoMen's latest newsletter they may not be coming to PAX. They talk about how their show in March will likely be their last show until June, because they're going on the Vans Warped Tour for a few months... so don't get your hopes too high for doing this near their booth.

Nothing is set in stone obviously, I'm just not getting my hopes up :/

This tweet seems to support that theory, unfortunately :\ I guess we'll know soon enough!

• Options
    Yeah it sounds like JoCo and Protomen won't be there, but hopefully people will appreciate our songs that much more!
    We're still looking for two more sopranos by the way ;)

• Options
    So I haven't heard anything about this in a while, is it still happening? Should I be finishing up my arrangement?

• Options
    Yes it's happening ilta, have you not gotten recent emails? Haven't gotten a response from you...

• Options
    PM sent

• Options
    By the way everyone we're still accepting women! PM me or email me at williamstome@Msn.com if you're interested!

• Options
    ZedariusZedarius San Mateo, CARegistered User new member
    !!! I've been wanting to do this for a few years now. I can't believe this is happening.

Full-time beatboxer / vocal percussionist here. Been doing it for 10 years. Would love to join! Did I miss the boat? *single tear*

• Options
    blasianFMAblasianFMA Registered User new member
    Wait... there's a choral group forming and I find out too late [not accepting male voices]? Well that's just great.

• Options
    blasianFMAblasianFMA Registered User new member
    So where are you guys singing?