As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Minecraft] Kneel before your bee overlords.

19495969798100»

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    That's really making me wonder if I should proceed with plans in the 1.7+ map for a void map if it's causing that many problems. From memory, Mystcraft traditionally had problems with MCPC in any case... so yeah >.>

Edit: Page 100... time for a new thread soon?

Takel on
    Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Probably a good idea.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular
    And it's probably time to update the woefully ancient OP. I might contribute some later, but I should really get some work done.

Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    I too would contribute, but also work.
    BOOO work.

We can purge a lot of the OP, as I'm sure most people know some of the stuff. The texture stuff can be purged.
    Really only need to keep the first bit and have a section for FTB/Tekkit.

Awwfuckit:
    Empirical wrote: »
    Thanks to Kris_xK, Ein, Vic, Jerick, and DeShadowC for the previous OP's

1010842689_DYj3P-L.jpg
    1015419613_NYok6-L.jpg

Do you like Lego? Would you like to play with it again? Then you need to Minecraft.

Minecraft is a game about squares.

In a world made of blocks, you (a rather blocky person yourself) must use your wits and common sense to build and carve a way to safety. This is a dangerous world, make no mistake – monsters appear from out of the dark, mountains themselves can roar at you, and an errant poke in the wrong direction could bury you alive under tons of soil.

But all is not lost. You’re a smart adventurer, after all. After tearing down some trees with your bare hands and building yourself a rudimentary shelter, you’ll begin to explore the mineral wealth of this new land – iron, coal, gold, and even stranger treasures await you deep in the cores of these mountains. The question is, can you work your way to the heart of the earth, plunder its riches, and return to tell the tale?

Developed by one-man creator Markus Persson (also known as Notch), Minecraft is a Java-based, sandbox-style adventure. It fits squarely among more difficult survival games such as Dwarf Fortress and NetHack, while keeping the simple charm of one’s younger building-block days. It is outwardly simple, internally complex, easy to play, and difficult to master. Perhaps best of all, despite being constructed of laughable square blocks, the game manages to deliver a wonderful atmosphere of fear, paranoia, determination, and reward all in one package.

Where do I play the game?
    This game can either be played using a downloadable application or online in your browser.
    ONLY Creative Classic is playable in the browser now.

If you want to play creative, play using one of these links: Browser Singleplayer | Browser Multiplayer | CPColin's Client | WoM Client <<May be out of date.
    Note: This game mode does not have most of the features that survival does. Notch has favored updating Survival instead. It doesn't have the cool lighting or half the blocks that survival does.

Is it free?
    Yes and no. Creative is free and survival is pay-only. When you purchase the game, you get access to Survival and the ability to have a custom player skin, among whatever comes with the game as a whole.

Current Price:€16.95 | US$26.95 | £19.95
    Purchase Here
    There is also an iOS/Android ($6.99/£4.28/5,49€),XBOX360 Live version (1600 Microsoft Points), and a version for the Raspberry Pi (Free).
    Each version is updated different and may be at different points of development, compared to that of the PC version.

Modded Minecraft:
    Both of these are self contained launchers that give you access to different flavors of packs. They will auto update and manage the process of helping you mod your minecraft play experience with little effort.
    Feed the beast
    Tekkit

Skins
    Java Skin Editor
    Skinning Tutorial, Supplementary Skin by VALVEjunkie
    Miners Need Cool Shoes - Site for Skins
    Planet Minecraft - Large repository for maps, skins, mods, and a bunch of other shit .

Links
    The Official Minecraft Site - Play the game here.
    The Dev Blog - Notch's dev blog., Posts a lot of updates and info here. Rarely updates.
    Notch's Twitter - Can be read on his blog as well.
    The Official Minecraft Forums - Just don't fucking do it. The community is fucking retarded. Already.
    Minecraft Wiki - The official wiki for the game. Regularly updated.
    World of Minecraft - The WoM Custom Client lets you hack and play offline in Minecraft Classic.
    Planet Minecraft - Large repository for maps, skins, mods, and a bunch of other shit .

Is the steam group still a thing?

PUBLIC PA Servers

SE++ server, go check out their thread.

Frankenbeast pack oh man can't remember the address

The Underdark: Is no longer active and has gone done.
    Download link for third UD and @ArcSyn map: http://titanium.dickite.com/minecraft/
    @Bele was kind enough to scrounge up clean versions of some of the later caves that were added and toss them into the CleanUD, not all of them are there sadly but several are.
    Download link for the last/fourth UD: http://titanium.dickite.com/minecraft/UNDERDARK.zip

IF YOU HAVE A SERVER AND WANT IT TO BE ADDED TO THE LISTS, FEEL FREE TO PM ME.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Got stuck in the TF. Made a portal from my new island in the SE and the portal on the TF side is apparently beyond the world boundary.

Any chance I can get my location relocated to my island in the overworld?

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    So I was having power problems with my base for some reason. So I installed 16 magmatic engines, and am fueling them with liquid pyrotheum. 16x80rf=1280rf/t plus the 360 my boiler produces via the energy bridge.

So over 1500rf/t.

and my ME net is STILL dying from lack of power. There is no way my base is sucking up 1500+rf/t.

So I don't know what the shits up with it.

on another note..is there a way I can make the ME net keep a certain stockpile of pyrotheum crafted to jam into the magma crucibles?

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    I think you can have a level emmiter put out a signal if you go below a certain value?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    Brody wrote: »
    I think you can have a level emmiter put out a signal if you go below a certain value?
    only if the level in the ME net itself is low. and pyrotheum is a crafted product so I don't know how to make it craft it on autonomous command.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Is it solid or liquid?

And how is it made?

Brody on

• Options
    Bloody JackBloody Jack Registered User regular
    Tell the export bus to craft it. It will craft one whenever there is room in the magma crucible to accept it.

• Options
    Tell the export bus to craft it. It will craft one whenever there is room in the magma crucible to accept it.

...THEY CAN DO THAT?!

• Options
    Your MAC needs to have the recipe, but yeah. That's what the little craft/single/stack button on the export bus is for :P

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Your MAC needs to have the recipe, but yeah. That's what the little craft/single/stack button on the export bus is for :P

I have done so!

Unfortunately the best way to get sulfur is pulverizing blaze rods, and that only gets a 50% chance at it.

so I've burned through almost 600 blaze rods today trying to make all this pyrotheum.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    Maybe I should have gone with automatic bees.

• Options
    EmpiricalEmpirical USARegistered User regular
    I can make the next thread if no one wants to. Not sure if anyone wanted to take a stab at it, maybe update it. I won't have the time to clean it up for another month, two tops (so many outdated things).

Poop nuggets.
  • Options
    I will make new one in a bit.

• Options
    Radiation posted a slightly cleaned up version higher up the page

• Options
    Huggles wrote: »
    Got stuck in the TF. Made a portal from my new island in the SE and the portal on the TF side is apparently beyond the world boundary.

Any chance I can get my location relocated to my island in the overworld?

Border removed

• Options
    edited April 2014
    How does the pyrothium compare to just burning the blaze rods themselves in steam dynamos?

That would also free up the gunpowder to be used in explosive generators.

Bloody Jack on
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    I just watched direwolf20's video about AE2 and I'm a little bit concerned. Is there an automated way to have your AE system make those crystals you have to drop in water? Because making dozens of those things seems like a ridiculous pain. There is a reason why, when everyone builds their molecular assembler, the first thing they teach the ME system is how to make all the AE parts.

Other than that it seems pretty cool I guess.

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    I keep seeing people saying it's going the way of GregTech. Frankly, the water-made items (Fluix Crystal and Pure Certus) are the only things I'm worried about. Micro ME Nets and cable-attached Terminals will be totally worth it - if I can hook up a Drive, Access Terminal and Power Cell in one small corner, I'll finally have the ME Refrigerator I needed so badly on the last map.

Speakin' of which, does the current server have Overhaul/Harvestcraft/Agriculture? Because I really enjoyed setting up that restaurant and farm.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    How does the pyrothium compare to just burning the blaze rods themselves in steam dynamos?

That would also free up the gunpowder to be used in explosive generators.

A single bucket of liquid pyrotheum generates a million RF. Obviously it's still at 80RF/t per engine, but it lasts a hell of a long time. I was going to run my base off of autocrafting liquid pyrotheum but I ran into the same problem with finding enough sulphur. There's no real good renewable source it beyond growing blaze rods and grinding them up. You'll get more coal dust than you know what to do with first, and that means you have to set up a whole system to dump your excess everything while you wait for more sulphur.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Oh man, look at that new thread:
    LOOK AT IT!

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Ianator wrote: »
    I keep seeing people saying it's going the way of GregTech. Frankly, the water-made items (Fluix Crystal and Pure Certus) are the only things I'm worried about. Micro ME Nets and cable-attached Terminals will be totally worth it - if I can hook up a Drive, Access Terminal and Power Cell in one small corner, I'll finally have the ME Refrigerator I needed so badly on the last map.

Speakin' of which, does the current server have Overhaul/Harvestcraft/Agriculture? Because I really enjoyed setting up that restaurant and farm.

Overhaul, Harvest Craft and Agriculture are... er hum... staples of the server. I may even add another mod for more foodstuffs to grow and cultivate because reasons.

I think I know how to automate the creation of those items that needs to be in water:
    Export those items into an inventory, pipe them out into a water block that is flowing. The items react, turn into the crafted item, and the flowing water pushes them into a conveyer belt/hopper/whatever to pick them up and push them back into storage.

Takel on
  • Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Server might be less-than-working

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Takel wrote: »
    Ianator wrote: »

Overhaul, Harvest Craft and Agriculture are... er hum... staples of the server. I may even add another mod for more foodstuffs to grow and cultivate because reasons.

I think I know how to automate the creation of those items that needs to be in water:
    Export those items into an inventory, pipe them out into a water block that is flowing. The items react, turn into the crafted item, and the flowing water pushes them into a conveyer belt/hopper/whatever to pick them up and push them back into storage.

Good news on the foods.

As for the flowing water, I can kinda see how that would work. The Pure Certus would need quite a few trips though, unless the channel was lined with those growth-enhancement machines.
    ;)

EDIT: oh hey new thread where'd you come from

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List