As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[mlb] Fake Playoffs Now. Real Playoffs Soon.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Apparently Sabathia is great for 5 innings only...

• Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    Bumgarner just hit a grand slam. Wtf that was amazing.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    IvanIssacs wrote: »
    Bumgarner just hit a grand slam. Wtf that was amazing.

Yes it was.

Now he needs to stop giving up hits.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    So AJ Burnett has been really terrible so far.

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    If things keep going like they are, I'll get 3 wins from my pitching tonight

not bad

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    I don't see how.

• Options
    well not anymore with Gee getting a ND

but Cashner's win and King Felix is in line for one

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Liking the rebound my team has had since last week. Rendon has been great for me so far, but it is early.

Being up 9-2 is great, but there are still a lot of close categories. I need to have a good night tonight.

FortyTwo on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2014
    I'm going to lose as penance for making fun of your team.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    Karma can, in fact, be a spiteful trollop at times.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    christ, the cubs bullpen is bad

the rest of the team aren't exactly world beaters, but wow that bullpen

• Options
    Dozier just keeps hitting home runs

on my bench

• Options
    My team just didn't show up this week. Oh well, it's not how you start but how you finish.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    there's a 7-5 win somewhere in my team this weekend but it will be close

just got fucking destroyed with injuries this week.

• Options
    Grant Balfour looking terrible. This guy will not last the season.

• Options
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Grant Balfour looking terrible. This guy will not last the season.

Meanwhile, in Baltimore...

Dan-Duquette-Orioles3_web280_crop_340x234.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2014
    He's gotten 4 saves an hasn't allowed a run. So, I'm not sure smug face Dan Ackroyd is warranted quite yet.

Maximum on
  • Options
    he's got a 10 BB/9 and a 1.3 whip

really, really ugly. no command

• Options
    He was never all that pretty in Oakland either. Assuming he's healthy, you'll have to get used to almost having a heart attack once or twice per week.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Sweet, gonna be some terrible officiating in Baltimore tonight.

• Options
    Angry wrote: »

I couldn't watch the game, but twitter seemed pretty adamant that the pitch immediately prior to Rasmus' homer should have ended the game.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    He was never all that pretty in Oakland either. Assuming he's healthy, you'll have to get used to almost having a heart attack once or twice per week.

I think the problem with that is, Oakland is a place where Balfour can make a ton of mistakes and not get hurt as much.

• Options
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    FUCK

my trade is still available

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Nah, because Matt Carpenter comes through for me again with the 3B elligibility.

• Options
    FortyTwo wrote: »
    Angry wrote: »

I couldn't watch the game, but twitter seemed pretty adamant that the pitch immediately prior to Rasmus' homer should have ended the game.

You decide.

http://m.imgur.com/r90kth3

• Options
    I remember a time when Zimmerman and Markakis were a hot debate topic in the general Baltimore/ Washington area - who would you rather have?

Nick has never been the same since he took that Sabathia fastball off his wrist, I don't think he will ever get back to his pre-injury levels, meaning his career in Baltimore (and possibly as a starter) may very well be over. Zimmerman's injury problems have been just a long slow car-wreck over the last three-four seasons.

It is amazing how this game can simply crush some players.

• Options
    alex cobb on the DL

mother. fuck. all players on the DL simultaneously

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Jasconius wrote: »
    alex cobb on the DL

mother. fuck. all players on the DL simultaneously

Honestly, with the rash of players on the DL right now, this might be a flukey way to start the season (we will need to see the final totals of injury innings lost) or could it be that the MLB is really cracking down on PEDs. The primary effect of which wasn't increased performance but the ability to play-through and recover from injuries quicker.

Seriously though dude, that is rough.

FortyTwo on
  • Options
    I have had 6 players go on the DL, not including Harvey, and the 7th is probably coming

• Options
    The way my team has played this week they might as well all be on the DL.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    The way my team has played this week they might as well all be on the DL.

Don't get too worried, Ubaldo Jimenez happened so its not as bad as it could have been.

FortyTwo on
  • Options
    OMG Chris Davis actually hit a homerun!

• Options
    OMG Chris Davis actually hit a homerun!

Trade him now.

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    3 straight sweeps for the Brewers. Woo!

• Options
    SeñorAmor wrote: »
    3 straight sweeps for the Brewers. Woo!

Yeah, have to say that as far as early April surprises - definitely did not see that coming.

• Options
    Dee Gordon is on another planet this week

• Options
    Barring a save from Jansen, I have pulled off a nice 6-5 comeback win.

Good start to the year.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Let's watch my team slowly but surely lose this week.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
This discussion has been closed.