As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[RIP PAX East 14] PAX Aus Registration is open, non int'l 3 Day passes already sold out

• DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Desert PAX?
    PAXus?
    Last time I was in San Antonio I got pestered several groups protesting the strangest things

No, I do not want to hear why donating to charities is a bad thing

Also there isnt anything green in that city. Its just dirt and concrete everywhere

Aparently you never went to the riverwalk, which is every reason why you would go there.

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I forgot about the river walk

The river walk is pretty cool

Might be a bit crazy with a convention though

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg

In January, in Texas, in the desert, I doubt there will be much of anyone outside if they can help it.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    My phone died before I could post this last night, but behold my dinner,
    IMG_20140411_215810_zpswvsfeicu.jpg

A giant battered dong.

Or fish, whichever.

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

In January, in Texas, in the desert, I doubt there will be much of anyone outside if they can help it.

Except a lone Michigander, strolling along in shorts and a T-shirt

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

I mean, the numbers look warmer than most january's.
    http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/san-antonio-tx/78205/january-weather/351198
    As someone who hasn't lived near a desert, i know the nights are supposed to be super cold, but that's really it.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Man that is tshirt and shorts weather up here

Come complain to me when you have days that are as cold as the arctic circle

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Looking at it again, I could see how it would be jarring to be in 70 degree weather during the day, and 30 degree weather at night.

VayBJ4e.png
    edited April 2014
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

I mean, the numbers look warmer than most january's.
    http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/san-antonio-tx/78205/january-weather/351198
    As someone who hasn't lived near a desert, i know the nights are supposed to be super cold, but that's really it.

The low will persist until around 10am, then it will get up to the high around noon, then it will drop again.

Also, it doesn't seem to account for windchill. When you have no huge trees or forests around (trees here are tiny) to block the wind, there's gusts of wind that just don't stop.

Dedwrekka on
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Fiiiiiinally going to play the Transistor demo

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    It's anyone going to the child's play panel?

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    Fiiiiiinally going to play the Transistor demo

Oh yeah the lines for that have been manageable this year haven't they?

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Well...I thought so when I started. But I've been in line about 40 minutes now and haven't moved too far. There doesn't seem to be a time limit on the demos, so while the line doesn't look crazy it's still slow going.

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »
    Tonkka wrote: »

REALLY?!

Sarah I thought I could trust you with this shit.

I was just sneaking drinks from a flask when no one was looking.

This is why you're my favorite <3

• monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    I just read about PaxSouth and yaaaaaaaay for me

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Looked at that line and said to myself "well Transistor comes out next month anyway"

• monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    But San Antonio is kind of a dumb city, and Austin would have been better.

• DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Hey thread! We were thinking of partying at the Lansdowne Pub tonight. It's supposed to be a very large bar, and it's also right near Jillians in case people wanna split up or if our party gets too large.

We are grabbing dinner beforehand, but if you wanna, come meet there at eight for general carousing!

• DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    It's also open until two in the morning, so that's nice

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Hey thread! We were thinking of partying at the Lansdowne Pub tonight. It's supposed to be a very large bar, and it's also right near Jillians in case people wanna split up or if our party gets too large.

We are grabbing dinner beforehand, but if you wanna, come meet there at eight for general carousing!

I might head over to that BBQ place then since I've been wanting it.

• SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Anyone trading CAH cards? I have a bunch of extras and only need #18

@sassori i got 18.

rhylith wrote: »
    @sassori i got 18.

I call dibs (please)!

Do you need anything? I can set them aside for you if I have them.

• JacksWastedLifeJacksWastedLife Registered User regular
    Didgeridoo wrote: »

Lansdowne Pub is a good time. They have live music tonight starting at 10

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Ohh Lansdowne sounds nice. I'm awful at introducing myself to a group so who knows if I'll actually horn in, but live music sounds awesome regardless

@sassori i got 18.

I call dibs (please)!

I have 1 3 6 8 9 12 18 22 23 27

I think I'm sticking around the BCEC for the Giant Bomb panel.

Hopefully our stars align tomorrow.

• Bé ChuilleBé Chuille Registered User regular
    So are Dan and I! We're going to get some food before that, if you're interested!

• cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Don't forget those LoL codes now expire after five days instead of being good indefinitely

I always mean to hang out with y'all and then don't really do it very much! We've been wandering Southie for food - I recommend KO pies pretty heartily - now we're at gather because it was the only place with free tables for six

@sassori i got 18.

I call dibs (please)!

I have 1 3 6 8 9 12 18 22 23 27

I'll try and meet up with you tonight? I'm leaving early tomorrow morning.

I'm on the groupme chat.

So the Giant Bomb line impromptu started early and is pretty huge

• CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    I will be here tomorrow with my babby brothers. The only panels i'm interested in are the sexism/gender one at 11:30 (which I may end up not going to in favor of a games/education panel at 10:30 as it sounds like the sexism one won't be talking about anything that I don't read about regularly already), and a games/education panel at 3:30. I suppose i'll tool around the expo hall and other areas for the remaining hours until my bros have to take a 630 train back home.

Any MUST SEE things at the expo hall that are worth waiting in line an hour for to play for five minutes?

• ins0mniacins0mniac Registered User regular
    I really hope I unknowingly sold some prints to some forumers over the past two days. To earn a badge (since they all sold out by the time I got to the site..) I volunteered for a friend's booth to help out. It's the That's Entertainment! booth in the expo hall, the one that was selling all the prints of "travel destinations" in the sci-fi/fantasy/tv/movie/gaming worlds. I've barely had time to walk around and really take in the show because I'd been having so much fun at the booth and interacting with everyone who stops by.

Will be there tomorrow, likely won't have many prints left after the past few days, and sorry for anyone who was looking for one we already sold out of!!

But just for you forumers, here's where you can find 'em, and more: http://www.allposters.com/-st/Fantasy-Travel-Posters-Posters_c187730_p3_.htm

(

X-Box Live Gamertag: Merciless319
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Aaaaand Jillian's is 21+ after 8pm. Next year

(@Naphtali had the saddest look on his face when that happened. It was like he was pressing the So Raven button at the doorman and the Bro? button at me)

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    That's an awful metaphor but I wrote it from a sad place okay

Sorry you got held out, duder. Next year you get to laugh in the face of ID checks

I can pretty much guarantee no other panel this year has or will end with John Drake breaking a beer bottle on Dave Lang's head.

The GB panel was good, in other words.

Literal worst at pool.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Literal worst at pool.

Disagree button

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    So, is San Antonio a cool town?

It's alright. Kinda laid back, really.