As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2014 Parties

• Sudds27Sudds27 Registered User regular
    I'll see everyone at PAX... or Guilt or Royale or Harpoon (tonight)!

• KumaKuma Registered User regular
    Sudds27 wrote: »
    I'll see everyone at PAX... or Guilt or Royale or Harpoon (tonight)!

Just remember, if i see you Im hitting you up for the flask

f7v9h.jpg
    All day, everyday. Glenlivet 15 year old French Oak Reserve. Hands down my all time favorite.

Or Everyday, all day. Depends on how you look at it.

• JayDfromMAJayDfromMA MARegistered User regular
    Glenlivet 18 for me! Although my go to is Jameson....

I happen to be a Dalwhinnie man myself, although Glenlivet is a personal favorite

f7v9h.jpg
  • ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    I believe the homeless look is called "Derelicte" as made famous by designer Mugatu.

Gasoline fight!

• Paxman90Paxman90 Registered User regular
    hope to see some of you at the IGN party Friday night!!

• bisicklebisickle Registered User new member
    Anyone going to the Giantbomb meetup? I'm just planning on going by myself but would love to go with a group. 28/m btw.

• cbrcbr Registered User regular
    so for tonights star citizen event, royale had dress code at all. it was thursday night, so that might have made a difference, but people were coming in with t-shirts, jeans, sneakers, N7 armor... no problems.

• upstateny-danupstateny-dan Registered User regular
    I am confirmed for nvidia but have to go out to dinner, prob will be like 730/745 before I can make it... does that mean I prob wont get in?

• OhyOhy Registered User regular
    So the ign party is only RSVP? Or can we just show up if we go early? I know it said RSVP didn't guarantee entrance so first come first serve. I tried email

• ViolentMustardViolentMustard Registered User regular
    Does anyone want 2 Drunken Indie passes for tonight's Indies Need Booze party? We can't make it and I'd rather they not go to waste! Hit me up here or @violentmustard on twitter

Anyone getting rid of Sanshee tix? VIP or GA?

Nvidia was a good time. Didn't stay super long but had an enjoyable evening.

• XX55XXXX55XX Registered User regular
    Just returned from the Nvidia party myself. Didn't have trouble getting in, even though I didn't get an invite. Lots of swag, good drinks, Titanfall, people talking about gaming at a nightclub - what more can you ask for?

Exactly. Drink tickets were cool. Plenty of cool swag. I had an enjoyable evening.

• cbrcbr Registered User regular
    what was there for swag?

IGN party was pretty cool tonight.

Nvidia was really tight, stayed till about 1 am

f7v9h.jpg
  • ZoraZora CTRegistered User regular
    IGN was amazing for those of us who got wristbands. Unlimited amount of anything Harpoon had on tap.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Jesus. And I assume the IGN party was stuffed to the gills? I heard the GameSpot/Giant Bomb meetup was flirting with cluster fuck status all night in terms of space.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    Nvidia had shirts, bumper stickers, Titanfall patches, Titanfall pins, bottle openers, USB bracelets, and some other misc stuff I can't remember with my hangover.

• ZoraZora CTRegistered User regular
    Jesus. And I assume the IGN party was stuffed to the gills? I heard the GameSpot/Giant Bomb meetup was flirting with cluster fuck status all night in terms of space.

No actually. They only let a limited number in at a time so there was plenty of space.

• XX55XXXX55XX Registered User regular
    I need to do more parties next year at PAX. This was the first year I've tried them. Corporate parties for fans are definitely the coolest thing in the world. Kudos to Nvidia for showing their fans a good night!

yeah Nvidia sounded pretty sweet, my fiance's brother was there for most of the night. I'm okay with the free beer I got from the IGN party though :)

• PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Harmonix was alright, got there just after 6 and I only got served at the bar at 7, which was when the free bar closed, luckily they still gave me my free drinks. The bands were pretty good though.

pax%20sig.png
  • OhyOhy Registered User regular
    So how was twitch? It was full so I had to settle with the club above it but it was pretty good. Lots of pax people there too

Harmonix started off slow, the bar was packed...we each went up to the open bar 2x and loaded up on drinks...the last band The Ward Eights rocked it...and you got a guitar at the end!

Oh, just got my tickets to infinite Crisis tix from the booth, really looking forward to it.

• agreatrandomagreatrandom Wizard Outside BostonRegistered User regular
    So what's the deal with the Infinite Crisis party? I was told that they aren't handing out tickets any more?

5rOQuX4.png

Design Wizard, Pizza Enthusiast, Craft Beer Extraordinare from MA
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I heard 2K is doing a thing if you ask at their booth. I'd have gone for it but I'm already fucking beat. So tired.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • krystlemethkrystlemeth VirginiaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Anyone know if the dress code for the venue that's hosting the Asus party is being enforced tonight? I wasn't successful contacting them, and I'm hoping not because most gamers aren't going to be walking around in dress clothes and that would be pretty shitty.

Edit: I just called them and confirmed that the dress code will NOT be enforced for the Asus party. Hooray!

krystlemeth on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    fs.png
  • upstateny-danupstateny-dan Registered User regular
    Sanshee was a bust for me, went and the girl checking people in had no idea what my block hopper pass was. Had one drink and left for asus, which was awesome

Infinite Crisis was really great. They even had a Batman ice luge

f7v9h.jpg
  • PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    2k was pretty good, free bar, some swag and a raffle

pax%20sig.png
  • gstaffgstaff Registered User regular
    Just a head's up that we have more of the Wolfenstein bags (with Neumond Recordings vinyl inside) at our booth. Looks like a few folks didn't pick theirs up last night.

Thanks to all that came to the party... hope you had a great time.

Ron says war never changes. Snake says it does. What gives?
    edited April 2014
    Anyone heading over to the Destructoid/Harmonix @ Trade?

ClannMorgan on
  • KastorsKornerKastorsKorner Gaming Editor Hard Hittin' New BritainRegistered User regular
    gstaff wrote: »
    Just a head's up that we have more of the Wolfenstein bags (with Neumond Recordings vinyl inside) at our booth. Looks like a few folks didn't pick theirs up last night.

Thanks to all that came to the party... hope you had a great time.

Best PAX East party I've been to. I thought the organizers even outdid the stellar ESO event they put on last year.

• RiverglowRiverglow Registered User regular
    Anyone heading over to the Destructoid/Harmonix @ Trade?

I dropped in for an hour and really enjoyed it. Fun game to watch people play, good food and drinks, not too crowded, and I love the poster they gave away to everyone (although I wish I had won the signed version!).

• Xveriun_UlnXveriun_Uln Registered User regular
    Parties all over?