As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Cookie Brigade] Holy diabetic coma batman, over $19,000 raised this year!

13»

• Options
    craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    I have just started getting into baking this year and although my specialty is cupcakes , I am really excited to take a stab at some cookies. I can make a mean snickerdoodle and I have some awesome portal themed cookie cuttera that are begging to be used! I will be baking some test batches and using my staff as lab rats over the next few weeks. :)

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    ransimransim Registered User regular
    craiola wrote: »
    I have just started getting into baking this year and although my specialty is cupcakes , I am really excited to take a stab at some cookies. I can make a mean snickerdoodle and I have some awesome portal themed cookie cuttera that are begging to be used! I will be baking some test batches and using my staff as lab rats over the next few weeks. :)

The portal cookie cutters are awesome! Though the companion cube is time consuming they look awesome.

I've got dough for 16 dozen chocolate chip in my freezer so far.

• Options
    rileyperrileyper Registered User regular
    Put in my app to bake for pax east and hopefully help at Prime.

Pax Prime 2014 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [x] BYOC [not attending :(]
    Pax South 2015 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [ ] BYOC [x]
    Pax East 2015 checklist: Accommodations[ ] Travel [ ] Time Off [ ] BYOC [ ]
    fss.png
  • Options
    DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Who is the leader of the Cookie Brigade? I want to chat with them (not for public consumption).

Thanks

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Dolarrah wrote: »
    Who is the leader of the Cookie Brigade? I want to chat with them (not for public consumption).

Thanks

Depends on the week. @Ransim can hook you up.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    I know I only just now signed up for East on the website, but I am making my usual compliment of Snickerdoodles (and perhaps SnickerPOODLES) and will need a shipping address.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    Attn bakers! Drop offs will be Thurs 6pm to midnight and Fri morning on the Westin mezzanine. Drop offs will be done any other time at the Brigade HQ. Don't know where HQ is, or you didn't sign up on the forums? Drop me a PM here.

Distributors, likewise, we love you, we like having lots of you guys helping, pick ups are Thursday evening from 6-midnight and any other time at the Brigade HQ.

• Options
    RappakRappak Registered User regular
    Sorry I can't participate this year. I'll try for next year.

• Options
    Rappak wrote: »
    Sorry I can't participate this year. I'll try for next year.

You'll be there in spirit. :)

• Options
    ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    Life has been crazy, but I will be doing some baking tonight! Making egg-free cinnamon chip cookies. Probably about 5 dozen. :)

UyhWici.png
  • Options
    TinTangoTinTango Registered User regular
    Just flew into Boston last night! Still keen to distribute on the saturday, while in my Sten costume!
    Can I get details about the HQ please?

• Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    TinTango wrote: »
    Just flew into Boston last night! Still keen to distribute on the saturday, while in my Sten costume!
    Can I get details about the HQ please?

HQ information is on the cookie brigade PAX East forum. Please PM me if you don't have access to that forum.

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    TrandescentTrandescent Registered User regular
    I'm bringing my hiking shoes this year to distribute.. my feet were killing me last year! I'm slightly more excited for cookie brigade than most PAX happenings :D

8elUgf9.png

PAX East 2018 4-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass [X] Hotel Reservation [X]

See y'all at PAX East 2018!
  • Options
    Ah, still having problems logging in to the forums. Just sent you a DM aerynkelly.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    So I havent managed to find too many brigaders except for one late last night.

Do you guys need any logistical help? I'm up for walking around for hours carrying bags of carbohydrate-infused death.

I know this is a bit last minute and I'm a stranger of sorts but yeah, PM me or post hereif I can be of any help. Also have a vehicle.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    chellerschellers New HampshireRegistered User regular
    I haven't seen a single cookie brigadier. I like cookies! Where the heck are you guys!?

• Options

chellers wrote: »
    I haven't seen a single cookie brigadier. I like cookies! Where the heck are you guys!?

You'll be able to find us tonight having on the westin mezzanine.

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    chellers wrote: »

Yeah, that happens.

There's a great graphic that Ransim put together that shows what happens when you have 10 distributors and 25,000 people in a convention center. It looks something like this (The 'o' is a distributor. The 'x' is an attendee).

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxoxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You should totally join the Brigade next year!

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Whoops, sorry for letting the side down. My cosplay was too cumbersome to do any brigade work today. Will come by first thing tomorrow and make an early start!

TinTango on
  • Options
    Hah yeah, the brigade is basically the pax version of Where's Waldo.

• Options
    chellerschellers New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Well, if you guys wore red and white stripes, I think I would have a much easier time finding you. Maybe next year?

• Options
    jforjamtasticjforjamtastic Registered User regular
    I am confident East will one day out raise Primes 4 days.

Q8eJiP4.png
  • Options
    HearthsingerHearthsinger Actor/Writer NYCRegistered User regular
    Firstly, thanks for what you guys do with Cookie Brigade for charity. Second, (and I know the point is more to make money for charity than to focus on taste), BUT DAMN. Every cookie that passed my lips was delicious. I had to cut myself off. My boyfriend and had both Sugar Cookie and Chocolate Chip. Thanks for ALSO making the effort to make especially good cookies!

• Options
    CaveCibumCaveCibum Registered User regular
    I had a blast distributing again this year. Yes, it is hard to find brigadiers, because there are so few! This just means that you should join us! It really is a great way to take to a huge variety of people.

• Options
    Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I want to thank my fellow brigaders for another fun East! Thank you to those who lent a ear in HQ when some bad apple attendees ruined my Saturday afternoon.
    Thank you to the attendees for donating. We can't raise any money without you.
    It was a win, win PAX for me. I beat my personal record for goodies made and donations raised this year.

I handed out cards to everyone who asked about us or how to join the ranks. I hope to see some of them join us next year.

Lady Lilybell on
    5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • Options
    Final total, by the end of Sunday night was over 19k,

Thanks everyone for the amazing effort and the assistance, we really couldn't have done it without everyone pitching in.
    I am confident East will one day out raise Primes 4 days.

So the reality is that as of this post East does actually typically out raise Prime. The problem is that East is short time and tends to have less overall baking donations. But when it comes to raw money in by time period East definitely well out performs Prime. This is largely because East tends to have A LOT more distributors and it's all contained within one building versus the entirety of downtown Seattle.

• Options
    RufeRufe Chesapeake, VARegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Ok, who had the made peanut butter and sriracha cookies? I kept hearing about them, but never was able to see them. They were always gone. I want the recipe so I can make a batch, just to taste them.

Rufe on
    PAX East 2018 Checklist:[X] Plane Ticket [X] Hotel [X] 4 One Day Passes [X] Badge arrival [X] Game packaging
  • Options
    Rufe wrote: »
    Ok, who had the made peanut butter and sriracha cookies? I kept hearing about them, but never was able to see them. They were always gone. I want the recipe so I can make a batch, just to taste them.

You can find information and the link to that recipe on our site:

http://www.cookiebrigade.org/forum/index.php?topic=249.0

I'm not sure if any modifications were made to them this year though from the original recipe used last year.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    You know what would be boss?

A PAX exclusive cookie brigade pin, with a portion of the proceeds going to Child's Play.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    cookiekrushcookiekrush Registered User regular
    It was so much fun doing this! I was only able to do Saturday! Totally looking forward to doing this again next year.

Many cheers to the organizers! :)

Pinny Pals - open to trading!
    Looking for Edith Finch Pin!
  • Options
    DisposableLemurDisposableLemur Registered User regular
    The awesome dude in the kilt that was completely hoarse by the end of the day on Sunday; thanks for coming by our table in the Westin and letting us help you reach your total. We were playing Ladies and Gentlemen, and there was a random passerby that we invited that was really rude to you, we want to apologize for everyone. We were really offended by that, and asked her to leave our game after. You guys are really appreciated by everyone, and what you do is awesome.

• Options
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

A PAX exclusive cookie brigade pin, with a portion of the proceeds going to Child's Play.

We've considered doing another pin, the problem is the cost to get the pins made is really high, and we already put a lot of money into just running the brigade at PAX.

For a lot of reasons an official pinny arcade pin is also really unlikely as well.

Its a great idea, just has logistical/cost issues that make it hard for us to pull off.

• Options
    UnfetteredUnfettered Registered User regular
    The awesome dude in the kilt that was completely hoarse by the end of the day on Sunday; thanks for coming by our table in the Westin and letting us help you reach your total. We were playing Ladies and Gentlemen, and there was a random passerby that we invited that was really rude to you, we want to apologize for everyone. We were really offended by that, and asked her to leave our game after. You guys are really appreciated by everyone, and what you do is awesome.

No worries! I run around yelling at people for money all weekend, the fact that I get more positive than negative responses is a constant source of pride in the community for me. The few who react poorly I usually forget within a few minutes. Thanks so much for donating and helping us reach our goal!

Hufflepuff DE - HoH - Huffledrunk 4 Lyf!

RIP: uncomfortably hot tire vest

u want destiny raid? We be raidin'! XBL: Unfettered
  • Options
    Distributor totals for PAX East are up on the brigade forums: http://www.cookiebrigade.org/forum/index.php?topic=595.0

• Options
    KhaytorKhaytor MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    This is the first year I even ran into Cookie Brigade people. I loved it! Cookies were so yummy and I'm excited you guys raised so much money! Can't wait for next year!

• Options
    KnightmareKnightmare PittsburghRegistered User regular
    This was my first year participating (baked some pumpkin chocolate chip) in the Cookie Brigade. It was awesome!! I was so excited to hear the total amount raised. Next year should be even better now that I have a bit of experience.

• Options
    Knightmare wrote: »
    This was my first year participating (baked some pumpkin chocolate chip) in the Cookie Brigade. It was awesome!! I was so excited to hear the total amount raised. Next year should be even better now that I have a bit of experience.

I had these the final day and they got high praise from people who was exceptionally happy when I told them I had pumpkin chocolate chip.

• Options
    TrandescentTrandescent Registered User regular
    Boo.. I raised $100 less this year! Got a bit lazy/dehydrated.. at least half my trips were just to fill up to BYOC box.

Cookie Brigade really is the best part about PAX. Theres no better feeling than seeing peoples faces light up when they hear about free cookies.

See you guys next year!

8elUgf9.png

PAX East 2018 4-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass [X] Hotel Reservation [X]

See y'all at PAX East 2018!
  • Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    ransim wrote: »
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

We've considered doing another pin, the problem is the cost to get the pins made is really high, and we already put a lot of money into just running the brigade at PAX.

For a lot of reasons an official pinny arcade pin is also really unlikely as well.

Its a great idea, just has logistical/cost issues that make it hard for us to pull off.

Maybe not an official Cookie Brigade pinny arcade pin... but maybe a pinny arcade pin that coincidentally is cookie shaped

• Options
    HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    It was pretty cool to see Porkbuns as the on-stage presenter for this year's tally, I like seeing recurring faces from the PAX community from show to show (and I was there for her heartbreaking loss during her original run as an Omeganaut).
    Boo.. I raised $100 less this year! Got a bit lazy/dehydrated.. at least half my trips were just to fill up to BYOC box.

Every part counts! Your contribution is definitely appreciated.

"Perception is reality." -unknown