As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[mlb] Fake Playoffs Now. Real Playoffs Soon.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    Let's watch my team slowly but surely lose this week.

I <3 Rex Brothers

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I actually had a Saturday lead that ended in a Sunday win. This season's already better than last, even if I still technically have a losing record.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Nirya wrote: »
    Let's watch my team slowly but surely lose this week.

I <3 Rex Brothers

A+ job team.

Seriously I cannot wait for Michael Bourn and Shane Victorino to not be injured so I can have actual bodies in my offense. Also Joe Nathan has turned into the biggest joke seriously why do I ever trust Detroit bullpen pitchers?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Jeff Francoeur is an idiot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2llUpTmIkdc

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    My team is off to a slow start and I'm OK with that. I know I'm going to be alright offensively. Worried about my pitching though.

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Unless Ellsbury hits for the cycle tonight my team has managed an incredible turnaround to salvage a narrow win despite being wrecked by injury

.500 through two weeks... just trying to hold on until Latos, Bradly, and Baez get to the show

• AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Watch the video I posted.

It's about a month long prank on Jeff Francoeur.

• FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    Pedroia is getting his wrist examined. That is bad times for Boston.

Meanwhile Machado has been cleared for everything and is finishing up his rehab.

• HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    I'l take a 7-5 win

pitching was too close in some categories

• FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    I doubt Rendon keeps this up, but I will continue to take it.

Of course LA blew an 8-2 lead to put in a save opportunity.

edited April 2014
    Tex on the DL, Jeter out with a quad, Roberts hurt his back....but the age of the Yankee infield was an over reaction right?

FortyTwo on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I doubt my team will only hit 5 homeruns again.

To be fair, who didn't expect Jeter to get hurt at some point

Oh no one. But the yanks are going to have trouble keeping that infield in the game at the same time.

I doubt my team will only hit 5 homeruns again.

I doubt my team hits 10 home runs again

I have beaten Maximum.

I think that makes me the new Linear SE++ Keeper League Champion, right?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Its because he's old, too, right?

So new Yankees Stadium was built on an Indian Burial Ground, right?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    Grats Nirya.

Hope my trade works out, because I don't think I've had a pitching performance that poor in two years.

Benched 2 HRs but started 3. I know my offense was projected to be great in terms of HRs but this is still a nice surprise. Hope it can continue.

I knew somebody would pick up Plouffe soon

I picked up Jesse Chavez, but Yahoo still has him listed as a RP - any idea when that will change?

FortyTwo wrote: »
    I picked up Jesse Chavez, but Yahoo still has him listed as a RP - any idea when that will change?

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/31678/positioneligibility

it takes 2 or 3 starts for SP to get added, and he will remain an SP/RP pretty much for the rest of the season

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I grabbed Smyly. Worth a shot while I wait for dudes to come back from being hurt, especially after my epic collapse this weekend.

wasn't so much a collapse as everyone on my team decided to hit a home run on the same day and Dee Gordon stole 4 bases in a single game

Gyorko got extended. 6 years, $35 mil. Probably the cheapest long-term contract I've seen in the last year, doesn't seem like a bad deal at all.

Not a bad deal but he needs to start hitting this year.

edited April 2014
    what exactly is the upside supposed to be? 6 to 1 K:BB with a home run tendency... isn't the world littered with those guys?

Jasconius on
    Seems like a pretty terrible contract honestly.

World is full of poor OBP players with some pop. He doesn't offer you anything other else, what savings are they actually expecting by signing him long term here?

He's only 25, so there's the hope that he continues to improve. And if he does, I guess they'll save money over what they'd be paying in arbitration.

There have been a ton of deals like this in the last few months, which leads me to believe that with the huge influx of cable money coming, teams are trying to get these deals done quick, before arbitration costs skyrocket.

edited April 2014
    Gyorko is also pretty much the face of that team right now. This is a contract that is a message to fans as much as it is anything else.

FortyTwo on
    How is Chase Utley only ranked 8 on Yahoo with an OPS of infinity

so guys I am desperate for pitching and I will at least consider almost any serious offer. Everyone except Votto and Posey are on the table. Send me offers

Chris Archer

get out of the danger zone

nope archer is junk today and the bullpen got toasted, so yeah don't expect to get bailed out of this one

I might be willing to part ways with Wheeler, Skaggs, or Bailey. I'd have to rake you over the coals though.

After tonight I might be willing to give you Bailey for a sack of lint.

This discussion has been closed.