As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The kind of thread you never want to make.

2»

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Wow. I wasn't sure what to expect when I clicked this thread and this is a mega bummer.

Rest in peace, Ipse. You were a cool dude.

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Well fuck

JtgVX0H.png
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Yeah, his gifts were always super thoughtful.

A couple of people have said he was nice and I nearly said that myself in my previous post. He was nice. I know that nice is a word so often used sardonically, but it is a true compliment in this case; he embodied every definition of the word. He caused me to check myself on more than one occasion. I can't remember even feeling mildly irritated at anything he said or did.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Think i'm gonna go watch Redline in his memory.

If anyone else would like to as well it's still up on youtube (legally).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MPe7E1YrY4

edit: I should add it's NSFW for like one topless scene if I remember right.

Lasbrook on
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I didn't know the guy at all, but he always seemed like a good guy and everyone liked him.

This always sucks, to hear about.

I'm crying. I didn't even know the guy, and I'm literally crying. Can't imagine how those of you who knew him feel.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Redline is one of my favorite movies ever and the fact that Ipse appreciated it as much as I did was our one major bro moment.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    The most important thing I learned on Tralfamadore was that when a person dies he only appears to die. He is still very much alive in the past, so it is very silly for people to cry at his funeral. All moments, past, present and future, always have existed, always will exist. The Tralfamadorians can look at all the different moments just that way we can look at a stretch of the Rocky Mountains, for instance. They can see how permanent all the moments are, and they can look at any moment that interests them. It is just an illusion we have here on Earth that one moment follows another one, like beads on a string, and that once a moment is gone it is gone forever.
    When a Tralfamadorian sees a corpse, all he thinks is that the dead person is in bad condition in the particular moment, but that the same person is just fine in plenty of other moments. Now, when I myself hear that somebody is dead, I simply shrug and say what the Tralfamadorians say about dead people, which is "So it goes."

• FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    This is terrible. He was one of the folks that I always recognized around these parts.

My sincere condolences.

S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Incredibly sorry for your loss, but know that its weight is shared on hundreds of shoulders.

He'll be missed by many, many folks. I liked Ipse a lot.

8406wWN.png
  • AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Ipse was always an amazingly nice and genuine person every time I met him and this is absolutely terrible news.

Nothing. Matters.
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I really wish I'd had a chance to meet him, or at least just get to know him better. It's always a punch to the gut for me when I find out a fellow forumer passes away. It makes me think of all the missed opportunities for friendship.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Aww man, Ipse is one of my favourite dudes to talk shop and benchrace with. I'll miss him.

• BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    :(

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Shit.

Shiiiiiiiit.

:(

• TefTef Registered User regular
    I will always remember Ipse as one of those great breeds of people who could make anyone feel welcome and important - from chats about DnD to mechanics. I found him to be genuine, honest and a delight to talk to. I'll miss discussing our motorbikes, dogs and how nice it was to drive through California with the wind in our hair.

He was a good one and all those that knew him will be in my thoughts

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I really don't know what to say. I remember his love for motorbikes the most out of anything. But as everyone said. He was just a genuine guy who never had time to be mean to anyone.

I'll miss him.

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    Ipse was a really nice guy. When I had barely begun posting, I mentioned that I was having car trouble. He sent me a message to try to diagnose it and give me a good cost to get it fixed. He had basically no reason to do it - I mean, I was a total stranger, even by internet standards. And yet he chose to try his best to help.

From that one interaction, I can tell that he was a good person who would do anything to help someone in need. To those who knew him better than I, I am truly sorry for your loss.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Man this sucks. He was always a good forumer and a cool guy here. RIP you glorious motorhead bastard.

• PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Damnit. : ( I will really miss seeing him around, my condolences and general sadness. He was definitely a person who always seemed like a super cool guy and I really enjoyed all of his posts and I wish I'd known him better.

Kochikens on
  • GoldenSeducerGoldenSeducer AAAAAUGH!! Registered User regular
    Fuckin' hell... This is a tragedy. My condolences to Ipse's family and friends.

• BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    My condolences, this is sad sad news.

• DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Ipse was always so nice. I can't believe he's gone. :c

I'm really sorry, Mori.

• ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    The most important thing I learned on Tralfamadore was that when a person dies he only appears to die. He is still very much alive in the past, so it is very silly for people to cry at his funeral. All moments, past, present and future, always have existed, always will exist. The Tralfamadorians can look at all the different moments just that way we can look at a stretch of the Rocky Mountains, for instance. They can see how permanent all the moments are, and they can look at any moment that interests them. It is just an illusion we have here on Earth that one moment follows another one, like beads on a string, and that once a moment is gone it is gone forever.
    When a Tralfamadorian sees a corpse, all he thinks is that the dead person is in bad condition in the particular moment, but that the same person is just fine in plenty of other moments. Now, when I myself hear that somebody is dead, I simply shrug and say what the Tralfamadorians say about dead people, which is "So it goes."

I'd forgotten this passage but this is how I think of my Mum. She's not dead, she just lives in the past now.

I was Ipse's Satan one year. I didn't stiff him, but there was a bonus arty thing I was making for him that I never finished. It's still on a shelf in my room. I feel like I should do something with it, but I don't know what.

• MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Man. We didn't interact much and he probably didn't know who I was, but he was one of those people whose posts always contributed something positive to a thread, y'know? This is awful.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    Bendery, he really was. Andrew was a class act. I never heard a crass or gossipy word from him. He was so fun to hang out with. He was also really giving and generous; when we couldn't drive down to him, he made a real effort to drive up and see us. He was the first non-family member to come and see Anya when she was born.

He's one of the few forumers to have met my Mom when I took her to Comic Con in 09.
    6175_593887357821_1000970_343884-1.jpg

I liked him

shit. shit.

i'm glad i got to meet him then, and i'm really sad that he's gone.

i remember that night. Khoo was like "let's go get some food somewhere", and he takes us to the U.S. Grant. most of us were pretty blown away because the Grant is a classy place. i remember Ipse in particular being pretty super humble about it.

he was good people. the world needs more of him, not less.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I must admit I didn't Ipse much but I've only ever heard lovely things about him, that he was a kind and caring guy.

Janson and mori you must be feeling this most I'm so sorry you've lost what sounds like a wonderful friend. I hope his family are okay, I'll be thinking about them.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'm so very very sorry. I didn't know him well but I did know enough to be hurting.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Thank you for saying that better than I could have.

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    We, uh, we were going to ride motorcycles together.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Like others here, I didn't know him beyond his posting on the forum, but I only ever remember him being friendly and fun, and this forum will certainly miss him, to say nothing of the rest of the people whose lives he was a part of.

My heart goes out to everyone who had the privilege of knowing him better than I did.

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    I must admit I didn't Ipse much but I've only ever heard lovely things about him, that he was a kind and caring guy.

Janson and mori you must be feeling this most I'm so sorry you've lost what sounds like a wonderful friend. I hope his family are okay, I'll be thinking about them.

@DE?AD had seen him more recently and probably knew him better than we did, but thank you.

I am feeling very sad today that we hadn't seen him much as of late. We used to be a fairly tight-knit group, meeting up once or twice a month at least, then a variety of factors led to our group dispersing and going our various ways; no falling out, just life progressing... nothing and nobody to blame, just sad to realise. You always figure there'll be a 'later', a next time.

• bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    My deepest condolences. My heart goes out to his family.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I am sorry for you guys who knew him well. I didn't but he seemed like a decent dude :(

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »

@DE?AD had seen him more recently and probably knew him better than we did, but thank you.

I am feeling very sad today that we hadn't seen him much as of late. We used to be a fairly tight-knit group, meeting up once or twice a month at least, then a variety of factors led to our group dispersing and going our various ways; no falling out, just life progressing... nothing and nobody to blame, just sad to realise. You always figure there'll be a 'later', a next time.

I think thats an inevitable part of getting older, you all have your own lives, careers and families that take up time. But you're bound to feel sad to realise that there's not going to be a later like you thought, but at least you last saw him with you all knowing you were happy to be friends and see each other again.

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Andrew was a nice guy. I'm sorry that he's gone.

godmode on
  • B_RB_R Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Edited by a moderator

Tube on
  • Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    He had an avatar I always recognized without looking at his username. My condolences to his family and friends.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    I recently saw the car thread get bumped to the first page and my immediate thought was of him, even though we never interacted. Shit.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995