As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Game of Thrones] Happy International Picnic Day

Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
edited June 2014 in Social Entropy++
1. Don't get murdered
2. Don't marry Margeary Tyrell
3. The Hound is Awesome
4. Don't Be Sean Bean
5. Consider marrying a sibling
6 - 100 - Don't piss off the Freys.

Raijin Quickfoot on

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Apparently Sigur Ros was the wedding band Joffrey was throwing coins at.

Stealing Pooro's thunder.

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I want someone to make an in Memoriam montage of Joffrey cut together to "I hope you had the time of your life."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    So I hear a Viper is going to climb a mountain or something... This show is so weird.

Apparently Sigur Ros was the wedding band Joffrey was throwing coins at.

Stealing Pooro's thunder.

They also did the dirgeful rendition of Rains that played over the credits.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    If you find yourself to be Sean Bean, get your affairs in order

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Thorn413Thorn413 Registered User regular
    I was really looking forward to that death, but when it actually happened I realized 'oh right this is a 15 year old kid dying horribly in his parents' arms as they watch powerlessly' and, well, yeah...

• HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I want someone to make an in Memoriam montage of Joffrey cut together to "I hope you had the time of your life."

Great idea, but for Joffrey I think this song fits so much better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Man, mean muggin hard

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Remind me of Joffrey's fool
    I don't remember him before last episode nor how Sansa saved him.

He's certainly the poisoner, right?

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Ser Dontos was a knight who turned up late and drunk to a duel for Joffrey's name day in season 2 so Joff was gonna kill him, but Sansa convinced him to make Ser Dontos his fool instead.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

really need one set to my immortal imo

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So far I am loving everything Oberyn Martell does.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular

really need one set to my immortal imo

I would love to see both of these. I would make them myself, but I don't know where to begin with that sort of thing :C

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Thorn413 wrote: »
    I was really looking forward to that death, but when it actually happened I realized 'oh right this is a 15 year old kid dying horribly in his parents' arms as they watch powerlessly' and, well, yeah...

he was literally a psychopath who raped and murdered people, I wasn't especially torn up about it.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    okay I hadn't actually watched it but that video's amazing

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    I half expected Joffrey's 'entertainment' to be a statue of himself he'd built out of dead hookers.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    I half expected Joffrey's 'entertainment' to be a statue of himself he'd built out of dead hookers.

Psh...

What is this, Hannibal?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular

I was actually seriously planning to do this when I got home

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    So I hear a Viper is going to climb a mountain or something... This show is so weird.

This was probably my favorite part of the books.

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I've not read the books, just a heads up!
    this episode

oh my god

oh my god

Liiya on
    Haha holy shit that GRRM one is so good.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    So far I am loving everything Oberyn Martell does.

yeah Oberyn's actor was an amazing choice, I'm really liking him

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    JUST WANNA SAY

FUCK Y'ALL

ALL Y'ALL

HATERS

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Andy Greenwald has the best episode reviews
    In wondering who might be responsible for the poisoning:
    After the way it was treated tonight, Sigur Rós has cause, but I don’t believe there’s a word for regicide in Hopelandic.

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Can I just say that Olenna was really damn smooth with the

(Do not venture forth, non-book readers)
    palming of the gem off of Sansa's necklace. I had to rewind a couple of times but sure enough it was gone after their conversation.

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Bobble wrote: »

Psh...

What is this, Hannibal?

Would not have been the first case of 'art' made with a corpse (or several) from this show. Hell, Joffrey was probably bored with heads on spikes back in season 1.

• Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    I'm tempted to watch the episode again.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Also I'm tempted to change my avatar to something more appropriate, but probably won't for a while due to spoilers.

• masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Book 3 spoilers
    So the end game of the trial isn't until episode 8 huh. That is a looooooong time to let us stew over Tyrion in jail.

I wonder how they're going to pace Sansa and Littlefinger's meet up into that, because i think that still might be my favorite reveal in the series.

• NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular

Book spoiler. The identity of the poisoner
    I think Every Rose has it's Thorns would be a better fit

• HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    I both love and hate watching this with my wife who hasnt read the books. She is always pestering me to spoil stuff for her. Just last night she is nagging me about if Joffery ever gets what is comming to him and getting upset that I wont tell her. I have to laugh but it is hard to dance around the fact you are trying to not spoil the next 5 minutes...not the whole damn series!

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    my reaction (latest ep):
    I'm going to miss the lil fucker

Greatest insane shitlord in a prestigious drama since Tuco

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    oh wow they did the thing already

DodgeBlan wrote: »
    my reaction (latest ep):
    I'm going to miss the lil fucker

Greatest insane shitlord in a prestigious drama since Tuco

Joff cutting the book up with his new sword was basically the equivalent of Tuco sampling sky blue and going TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    With Joffrey gone, it's time for you to all hail your new lord and master!

Also not that I think people care too much anymore but I guess the show is never going to bother to reveal that
    Joffrey was the one who sent the guy to kill Bran

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Can I just say that Olenna was really damn smooth with the

(Do not venture forth, non-book readers)
    palming of the gem off of Sansa's necklace. I had to rewind a couple of times but sure enough it was gone after their conversation.
    I also really loved
    during the wedding when the septon said LET THOSE WHO WOULD TEAR THEM APART BLAH BLAH and the camera quickly focuses on Olenna for a few seconds

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.