As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Eric Pope and Dave Lang Thread Featuring Giant Bomb Dot Com

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    @screech of the farg I'll be your parrothead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49x-DaIYuR0

you can be this frisky "parrothead"
    he sure doesn't have to be "me till monday"
    i bet he'd enjoy a "cheeseburger in paradise"

SCREECH OF THE FARG on
    gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    I want more wrestlers to walk to the ring in tier 3 raid armor

Honestly I get the appeal of wrestling as a soap opera type deal

But if more people where the undertaker with magic powers or whatever I'd totally be way more invested

It's why I love VGCW so much

VGCW is proof that videogames are art

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    The Mr L v Mario match in season 2 is still my favorite wrestling related thing ever.

I'm 2 seasons behind tho

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    octodad v ganondorf

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I want more wrestlers to walk to the ring in tier 3 raid armor

Honestly I get the appeal of wrestling as a soap opera type deal

But if more people where the undertaker with magic powers or whatever I'd totally be way more invested

It's why I love VGCW so much

I've said this before but actually watching a bunch of Undertaker matches made it super clear that it is the one true wrestling way

That dude's ultra dramatic entrances and persona are totally rad and when he retires they need someone to at the very least fill that role

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    That dude's ultra dramatic entrances and persona are totally rad and when he retires they need someone to at the very least fill that role

Well...he just did retire and they totally do have a new guy to fill that role, Bray Wyatt.

dude you really need to catch up

Listen

My girlfriend is awesome

She happily watches nerdy shit with me

But vgcw is a pretty hard sell so I have to do it on my own time which is usually spent playing diablo or smite

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    The Mr L v Mario match in season 2 is still my favorite wrestling related thing ever.

I'm 2 seasons behind tho

I'm way behind myself

But the best match is the one with the Gamecenter EX guy and... fuck I forget who, Scorpion maybe?

He lands like four special moves on the guy before getting up on the top rope and then he gets countered into the Last Continue and pinned

It was the single most surprising and incredible thing I've seen in that show

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    edited April 2014
    octodad v ganondorf

probably the best match of all time, and the one that makes me the most happy that someone's been archiving it with the chat

http://youtu.be/_0LNmRAa1bw

TheySlashThem on
    edited April 2014
    well, that and the WVGCW match where James came out as Jesse's manager but then bugged out and went to space

TheySlashThem on
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I would play it

But someone has to make Firefighter fighters first

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Every so often I think about checking real wrestling due to how much I'm enjoying VGCW.

But then I convince myself I just wouldn't like it as much, because the great irony is that VGCW's wrestling is more real than real wrestling.

There's something so brilliant over the simple concept of letting the AIs have at it. I'm surprised there haven't been other streams that have gotten in on the concept (other than Salty Bet, which is predetermined by "how broken/shitty is this user-made character?").

I would play it

I am disturbed by the moral implications of Firefighter Fighters.

Therefore I propose a game where you play an elite squad of special ops commandos tasked with keeping Firefighters safe from murderous arsonists.

Firefighter Fighter Fighters.

• HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    this is a dumb question I'm sure has been answered a dozen times, but does anyone have a link to the Giant Bomb PAX panel (not Royal Rumble)

I'm glad THQ's WWE games have given the world VGCW but I'd much rather have an actual good wrestling game come out of 2K.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • MikeLLMikeLL What it do NEPHEW? Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    this is a dumb question I'm sure has been answered a dozen times, but does anyone have a link to the Giant Bomb PAX panel (not Royal Rumble)

http://www.twitch.tv/pax2/b/519374922

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular

I'd like to ask the opposite and request a link to the Royal Rumble.

I'd like to ask the opposite and request a link to the Royal Rumble.

http://www.twitch.tv/pax2/b/519531446

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    august wrote: »
    I would play it

I am disturbed by the moral implications of Firefighter Fighters.

Therefore I propose a game where you play an elite squad of special ops commandos tasked with keeping Firefighters safe from murderous arsonists.

Firefighter Fighter Fighters.

My spinoff is a management sim about controlling your town's budget in Fire Firefighter Fighter Fighters.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    MikeLL wrote: »

http://www.twitch.tv/pax2/b/519374922

Thank you~

• One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    I'm glad THQ's WWE games have given the world VGCW but I'd much rather have an actual good wrestling game come out of 2K.

Probably not what you're talking about but I would love a sequel to WWE All-Stars.

edited April 2014

Probably not what you're talking about but I would love a sequel to WWE All-Stars.

I would be willing to accept a Pro Wrestling Guerrilla based game that's a mix of both. Everybody in that company wrestles like they're in All-Stars anyway.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    WWE All-Stars is the only wrestling game I've enjoyed since the N64 days when I was too stupid to know when games were bad

6F32U1X.png
    Mr. G wrote: »
    WWE All-Stars is the only wrestling game I've enjoyed since the N64 days when I was too stupid to know when games were bad

Pretty much all of those N64 wrestling games hold up. The Acclaim ones don't, but that shouldn't surprise anybody given the fact that Acclaim was involved.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    The end to that video is just badass, I wanna do that.

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Im still sad my computer runs titanfall so poorly

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    My computer runs Titanfall great, but my router spontaneously spazzes out frequently enough that I get kicked from about 1/2 of the games I'm in halfway through.

I should probably stop playing until I can get that dealt with because if I drop from a game as my titan is mid-fall again I'm probably gonna break a monitor or two.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    My one problem with 360 Titanfall is that there appears to be no option to install to the hard drive, which is a pain.

My one problem with 360 Titanfall is that there appears to be no option to install to the hard drive, which is a pain.

It has to stream from both the disk and hard drive simultanously from what I had heard

Don't know if that's true though

I am told the game is designed in a way so that you don't want to do this

It would run way worse if you did

6F32U1X.png
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    I have a friend who regularly plays Battlefield with a group of around 12-15 other people.
    Or he used to play with them regularly, he's way more into Dark Souls these days.

I asked him if any of that group got into Titanfall.
    He said most of them liked it, but they'd gone back to BF4 (even in it's broken-ass state) after a few weeks.

I'm not sure what conclusions you can draw from that.

Anyone have any idea why Patricks twitter page looks like butts

What is this formatting

What is this formatting

People are seemingly randomly getting upgrades to the "new" Twitter profiles

Dave Lang's has been upgraded too

6F32U1X.png
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

I am told the game is designed in a way so that you don't want to do this

It would run way worse if you did

Yeah, I assumed this was the reason considering it installed some stuff on start-up, alas I can't have my cake and eat it.

What is this formatting

It looks like shit

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

What is this formatting

It looks like shit

"upgrades"

This discussion has been closed.