As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Game of Thrones] Happy International Picnic Day

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    my reaction (latest ep):
    I'm going to miss the lil fucker

Greatest insane shitlord in a prestigious drama since Tuco

Joff cutting the book up with his new sword was basically the equivalent of Tuco sampling sky blue and going TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT

TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    maritzac wrote: »
    Something I don't quite remember from the books. Was the voice in the tree Ned Stark's?

no
    It was Bloodraven

And here I was thinking it was Darkstar.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Holy shit Loras dropping the harsh truth

Holy shit Oberyn beating Tywin at word-fencing

• maritzacmaritzac Registered User regular
    I like how Tyrion verbally bitchslapped Joff one last time
    Valyrian steel has nothing on Tyrion's tongue

• SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    maritzac wrote: »
    Valyrian steel has nothing on Tyrion's tongue

That's what she said.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    FYI HBO is replaying last night's episode in 15 minutes.

• THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I estimate that well over 75% of the lines read by characters in the King's Landing scenes are lies or deliberate dissembling/misleading

THESPOOKY on
    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    My co-workers are all a show-only crowd, and they're completely agog over Sunday's episode

When I told them that the show's already revealed whodunnit, if one is paying closing enough attention, they were astounded

I didn't tell them who it is, want 'em to figure it out on their own, but they're convinced it's the most brilliant show of all time, now

Poorochondriac on
  • tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    gf sent me this today, I don't even care how old it is or if its been posted before

8fXPRyy.jpg

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    One of my friends has a relative who is an extra in the show this season. Apparently he only got to see the pages of script directly involving his character. Which seems kind of over-protective for a show based on books that have already been out for years but hey.

That's SOP for extras

It's less "security" and more "save the poor 2nd AD the hassle of having to print and bind 60 pages for every dang person at the feast"

Hell, on set, even leads only get sides for the scenes they're in

Full scripts are for table reads

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Ah. That does make sense I guess!

• Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Can I just say that Olenna was really damn smooth with the

(Do not venture forth, non-book readers)
    palming of the gem off of Sansa's necklace. I had to rewind a couple of times but sure enough it was gone after their conversation.

I'm a non-book reader but i read anyways
    I noticed that the necklace was broken and i thought maybe it's something they missed in editing... then i noticed noone else was poisoned so it couldnt be the pie. which leaves the wine cup, which was sitting right in front of old lady Rose so i figured she had done it. Now it all makes sense!

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    if you do not want to know who poisoned Joffery do not open this spoiler, it's a picture that shows the act and who did it. But just in case people wanted a screen of it
    111760-Sansa-Stark-necklace-purple-we-uCNi.png

Langly on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I thought via the book Sansa was just the mule that brought it into the feast since no one would suspect her
    Olenna Redwyne might have part of it but I also remember the chalice that Mace gave as a Wedding Gift that had the great houses fashioned out of Jewels and Stones
    It would be rather interesting if it was a two part poison
    The Pearl Direwolf with the Necklace

I have the books I do not have the video yet

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The mood has finally struck me to actually try and catch up on this show, having seen none of it

I've had a couple of the major surprises spoiled for me just because it's kind of impossible to not hear about them

I know that
    Sean Bean gets beheaded by the end of Season 1

At the end of Season 3 there's a wedding that doesn't go well for just about anybody

and now there's been ANOTHER wedding where that asshole kid nobody likes bites it

I'm sure there's plenty more to it beyond that stuff, but these seem to be The Big Moments on this show, am I gonna have a reduced experience knowing they're coming since I'm just watching this as any old TV show, I don't care about the books much

6F32U1X.png
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    it'll be reduced, sure. The shock of the moments mentioned is something that can only be experienced once, but the rest of the show is still really good aside from some awkward bits.

• 101101 Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Nah.

I mean those are pretty big events and all but there's a lot of enjoyment to be had outside of them, as well as some consistently excellent acting.

101 on
  • SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    You'll have a reduced experience in the sense that you won't be as surprised (most of those sort of come out of left field for people), but I don't think they ruin the viewing experience.

I think you could still enjoy the show knowing those things - there are plenty of other reasons the show is good, and knowing those spoilers may allow you to pay attention to other things more closely and catch various threads. Plus, those are only spoilers for like, two of the many plot lines the show has, so you'll still have all the other story's surprises waiting for you.

• Thorn413Thorn413 Registered User regular
    Is it weird that the thing that I've thought about most concerning this episode is how much of a shame it is that, because of the older actor they have playing Tommen now, we're probably never going to get Ser Pounce.

i was just thinking about that, yeah.

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Fuck this show if they don't at least mention Ser Pounce.

They DID mention House Manwoody in the premiere which was a nice joke for fans of the books.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am 1.2 episodes in

Peter Dinklage only has ONE Emmy for this show?!

6F32U1X.png
    Ser Dickon Manwoody

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    There is no amount of spoilers that can take the shock out of the red wedding.

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    It's a crowded category.

He's actually even better in season 2, but he didn't win that year.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    should've won leading for season 2

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    He's the only character that's any fun right now

Not that seriousness is a bad thing, but whenever he shows up it's like

"Oh yeah, humor

I remember humor"

I guess the other Lannisters are fun in how cartoonishly awful they are

6F32U1X.png
    Cersei might as well have a pencil thin mustache to twist while she talks.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    He's the only character that's any fun right now

Come again? Bronn is hilarious...

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    Bronn isn't in the show yet of he's only 1.2 episodes in.

if he's 1 point 2 episodes in i don't think he'll have met bronn yet.

I forget

I included the .2 to include the scene of Peter Dinklage slapping that kid

I'm watching Episode 2 right now

6F32U1X.png
    edited April 2014
    so I didn't know that they had recast the mountain again. He's an icelandic strongman
    Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson

2188_1377884951985_1.jpg

Langly on
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, early on Peter Dinklage is the comic relief.

That changes for the better though.

Yeah, thank god they did. That dude they used briefly last season was awful. Fortunately he was only on the show for a few seconds

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Yeah, but he just goes by 'Thor'

Which is fucking awesome.

I mean in season 2 we get Nikolaj Coster-Waldau telling jokes right & left.

And he's awesome at it.

This discussion has been closed.