As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[RIP PAX East 14] PAX Aus Registration is open, non int'l 3 Day passes already sold out

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Hi Steeeeve

We tried to stop by and say hi a few times but you were

Talking w Major Nelson

Swamped with shoppers

On break(?) elsewhere

These are things that are all true.

Major Nelson rules and is a bud, swamped with shoppers was my last three days, and breaks were few and far between...but I did cut the lines and got filmed playing evolve.

Thanks for those that stopped by...and hi to those I didnt get to see.

....fucking nerds.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Thanks again everyone for another excellent pax. Especially @abracadaniel and @DHS‌ Odium for rooming with me again and hanging out a good chunk of the weekend. And also all the numerous other SE++ peeps I got to see. Can't wait to see you all again at prime (and hopefully PAX South)!

Also thank you thank you so much @Robert Khoo‌ for PAX South. It will be very nice to be able to do a pax without dealing with air travel, and to see more people from the area too. I'll actually be able to convince a bunch of non-forum friends to check it out since it's so close.

rhylith on
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I'm curious how the photo turned out. It was pretty funny that this was the first time no one had access to a camera so we were just hanging out with Khoo for a bit.

Everyone was weirdly relaxed and generally sober. Such a confusing experience.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    We're gonna be at the aquarium for the day if anyone is in town

Pax was great! I think next time we'll consider not going to so many evening panels and do SHOTS instead

Was lovely meeting you all though

• Options
    JacksWastedLifeJacksWastedLife Registered User regular
    The Aquarium is a good idea. Pet all the sharks and rays. All of them. And then pet them again.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Sassori wrote: »
    I'm curious how the photo turned out. It was pretty funny that this was the first time no one had access to a camera so we were just hanging out with Khoo for a bit.

Everyone was weirdly relaxed and generally sober. Such a confusing experience.

And thus, the reason I asked Josh to take one with my cell phone arises. Kiko/Khoo will obviously post a better version someday, but:
    QbuiVza.jpg

Goose! on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    NEEEEEERRRRRRDSSSSS

(aww hell I really miss you guys :( )

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    @JacksWastedLife‌
    It was awesome meeting you!

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I feel like a bum for not hanging out with you guys more this weekend, but I'm glad that Jillian's worked out as well as it did, and Family Photo was great as well.

Thanks to @Naphtali‌ and @Goose!‌ for a crazy fun game of bowling, @The Otaku Suppository‌, @Sal‌ and @CorporateLogo‌ for an excellent Fancy Dinner, and @rhylith‌ for helping to make somebody else's first PAX an absolute blast.

I love you guys. Next year can't come soon enough. <3

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    On the bright, next year takes place in March so it's already less than a year away!

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    It was good to see everyone again. Sorry that I was MIA for most of the con. Didn't want to say anything over the weekend and bring people down but my grandfather died on Friday; I was at the funeral yesterday. Hopefully next year will be under happier circumstances.

xet8c.gif

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    aw sal, I'm sorry

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Gosh, Sal, I'm sorry to hear that. Condolences to you and your family.

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Shocked that you managed to contain Duck's swollness in a single picture. I had to use panoramic last time.

• Options
    Ah jeez Dan, my condolences

• Options
    JacksWastedLifeJacksWastedLife Registered User regular
    There are people whom I did and did not meet in the photo, and also not me in the photo. I must needs amend this next time.

• Options
    Me and @DHS Odiumgetting our photos taken getting free pins

hvlUbJR.png

MrNSGkH.png

• Options
    Made it back to NY. PAX is really over. :(

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Derek, that is not how swords work

• Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    It's ok, they have special eyes.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    C'mere

I'll cure yer plague

MOsldocl.jpeg

Not pictured: the video of me completely failing to use the Oculus Rift

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Also the best thing I did all PAX was throw that dynamite at @Sassori and company

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    now that I've had a chance to take a nap and recover a bit just wanted to say how awesome it was getting to meet and hang out with y'all, old and new peeps included. you guys are the best part of any pax convention, no doubt in my mind.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Getting ready to take off. Been a blast everybody. Mentally prepping for post-PAX blues.

Love you guys and gals

• Options
    Oh c'mon @Peccavi you know I'm riiiiiight

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    On the downside, I didn't really get a chance to meet up with any SE folks, but on the upside I got to spend a few minutes talking to Greg Kasavin and find out he's a fan of my company! So that was pretty sweet.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    It's always hard marking off PAX weekend on my desk calendar.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Also the best thing I did all PAX was throw that dynamite at @Sassori and company

Did your friends enjoy it? I felt kind of bad turning Ryan into a traitor during his first game.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Houk wrote: »
    On the downside, I didn't really get a chance to meet up with any SE folks, but on the upside I got to spend a few minutes talking to Greg Kasavin and find out he's a fan of my company! So that was pretty sweet.

Are you still with NIS? Did you happen to go to No Name seafood on sunday?

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    godmode wrote: »

Did your friends enjoy it? I felt kind of bad turning Ryan into a traitor during his first game.

Yeah, they did! Plus I mean, becoming the traitor is kind of fun. (Fun for me.) Next PAX I'm going to make Ryan bring Fury of Dracula, because I bought it for him ages ago and we've never been in the same place to play it.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    CptKemzik wrote: »
    I played a surprising amount of indie games at the expo hall! Is it just me or were the triple-A booths even more overwhelming than last year?! Exclamation points!

Also got to play bass semi-awkwardly with some really talented MAGFest guys. I say "semi-awkwardly" because A) I haven't played with live people in at least 4-5 years and it showed (have basically been a musical shut-in with my basses, guitars, drum machine, recording software, etc) and B ) when I was around the jam booth there weren't many people aside from said MAGFest folks and it seemed like they had this clique going where they were really intent on doing jazz-fusion-esque-meets-shred-guitar jams and I cannot improv to that at all; they really dug a bassline of mine that i've been honing for years though; actually made my day!

Overall much better experience this year even though I spent less time there (went on sat. last year), I may actually just stick to sunday from now on.

Edit- also really want to check out MAGFest now next time around, but... Baltimore.

Man I'm MAGFest staff and I forgot to hit up the jamspace. Next year.

Also, it's at National Harbor, which is more DC. The only real big con in Baltimore is Otakon.

I stand corrected! How feasible is it to get there via train?

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Also the best thing I did all PAX was throw that dynamite at Sassori and company

I preferred chess with death (until they won)

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Also the best thing I did all PAX was throw that dynamite at Sassori and company

I preferred chess with death (until they won)

Checkmate motherfucker

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Hi Steeeeve

We tried to stop by and say hi a few times but you were

Talking w Major Nelson

Swamped with shoppers

On break(?) elsewhere

These are things that are all true.

Major Nelson rules and is a bud, swamped with shoppers was my last three days, and breaks were few and far between...but I did cut the lines and got filmed playing evolve.

Thanks for those that stopped by...and hi to those I didnt get to see.

....fucking nerds.

even this dirty lurker stopped by to see you and found you on a rare break
    beginning to suspect zip was never actually there and just sent a mass hallucination instead

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »
    Houk wrote: »

Are you still with NIS? Did you happen to go to No Name seafood on sunday?

Haha umm...yes and yes. How much did you hear...!?

• Options
  • Options
    MY BRANDMY BRAND I have special eyes... Registered User new member
    mybrand!.gif

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Hey, anybody else with a Samsung Galaxy S4 getting weirdly blurry photos? Is it just a lighting thing? I'm tired of my photos with game biz people being all blurry, cause you don't usually want to bother them for a second chance.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Uh oh. Throat is feeling scratchy.

• Options
    Itchy, tasty.