As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[RIP PAX East 14] PAX Aus Registration is open, non int'l 3 Day passes already sold out

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Because of you, I also spent a good deal of the weekend yelling, "MY BRAND!"

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I actually feel pretty good. No worse than I normally feel, but I'm a generally unhealthy dude. If anything, PAX weekend was more exercise than I normally get.

With that said, I tried not to touch anything, barely hung around the expo hall, and washed my hands well.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Houk wrote: »
    agoaj wrote: »
    On the downside, I didn't really get a chance to meet up with any SE folks, but on the upside I got to spend a few minutes talking to Greg Kasavin and find out he's a fan of my company! So that was pretty sweet.

Are you still with NIS? Did you happen to go to No Name seafood on sunday?

Haha umm...yes and yes. How much did you hear...!?

I think we were in the bathroom together.
    We're bathroom bros now

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    What's this about PAX South now?

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    San Antonio! Jan 23-25 next year.

It might actually be the best venue for pax so far. The convention center is slightly smaller than Boston but larger than Seattle. It's right there by the riverwalk and surrounded by hotels. Also, post PAX fajitas.

rhylith on
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    PAX + mexican food sounds like a bad mix

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    @Rhylith, what is the downtown/nightlife situation like in San Antonio?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • JacksWastedLifeJacksWastedLife Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    @Rhylith, what is the downtown/nightlife situation like in San Antonio?

This is perhaps the most important question for a PAX event.

I don't live there and have never actually been there but the river walk is the main tourist draw of the city.

@yukira care to chime in?

• orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Downtown SA has a number of places within walking distance of the convention center, and the area is built well for walking on both the Riverwalk and the street level so most of them are easy to get to.

Granted, the nature of it being a tourist area means there's plenty of overrated stuff hogging space too, but that's just unavoidable.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
    PAX + mexican food sounds like a bad mix

Wrong wrong wrong wrong

Gimme all the margaritas and some fajitas now.

• DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Oh man, the chance for some decent Mexican food... I'll have to see if I can swing it!

Back home and back at work. Thanks to all you wonderful ladies and gents for a great time, I had a blast! Now to see if I can avoid pax pox this year

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    I don't live there and have never actually been there but the river walk is the main tourist draw of the city.

yukira care to chime in?

No idea.

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Oh man, the chance for some decent Mexican food... I'll have to see if I can swing it!

Back home and back at work. Thanks to all you wonderful ladies and gents for a great time, I had a blast! Now to see if I can avoid pax pox this year

Hey...HEY.

...you didn't visit me.

Rough estimate on how many people will drunkenly fall into the Riverwalk?

Or go to that restaurant where they insult you?

steam_sig.png

• SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »

Hey...HEY.

...you didn't visit me.

She and I hung out. We had a great time.

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »

Hey...HEY.

...you didn't visit me.

She and I hung out. We had a great time.

It's because she's awesome, which is exactly why I'm bummed.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    More PAX South details per thing: it's January 23 through 25 from the Henry B. Gonzalez convention center which is right on the river walk. I went and looked through Hilton hotels and there's rooms available for as low as $101 per night

• DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    Derek, that is not how swords work

Why is everyone always telling me "Derek, that is not how _______ work"?

And @Abracadaniel‌ I'm totally not getting sick because I inoculated myself by rolling around in the Handheld Sadlands™.

Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    soakin up them Sadland Sponge Juices®

How long are we supposed to be on the lookout for PAX pox? Cause I feel pretty okay. When does it kick in?

steam_sig.png

How long are we supposed to be on the lookout for PAX pox? Cause I feel pretty okay. When does it kick in?

Soon

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    When you least expect it.

• darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular

That's the thing about Pax Pox... you never know when it's gonna take effect.
    clooney_1508033c.jpg

forumsig.png
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular

Hey...HEY.

...you didn't visit me.

I'm sorry! We tried to go by the booth, but the first time you weren't there, and the second time I couldnt get near the merch stand! It was nuts this year on the floor. Next time I'll have to drag you away from the convention so we can actually hang out

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Because of you, I also spent a good deal of the weekend yelling, "MY BRAND!"

i'm suing you all for gimmick infringment

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Unbathed nerds and TexMex.

A dense cloud of stank forms over San Antonio.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    You guys don't even know

The four guys I was with each brought local jerky

I bought olives and sun-dried tomatoes

Then someone left breakfast burritos under the radiator

And the air conditioning kept our room at a balmy 71

Once showers started it was like the bog of eternal stench

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    1486604_662335563725_1816818425471185861_n.jpg

My friend works in the mail room and just sent me this picture with the caption: "I blame you."

The Otaku Suppository on
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Bummin' real hard today

Miss you guys and gals

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    I decided to reserve a hotel room for San Antonio for that weekend...just in case. I plan to check the hotel site through PAX when it becomes available. Airfare is $330 round trip...which, while probably not bad to experience flyers, feels pretty steep when a train round trip this year to Boston was under $100.

Might be a little too early to book airfare and get the best rates.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I'd really love to go to PAX South, it's even a bit closer. But then I'd have trouble taking time off for both that and East, and East is my real jam.

EDIT: and just now getting on my flight home, stayed a couple extra days to hang out with friends and family and I miss this area dearly. I'd love to move back up here, income allowing, and why isn't it March yet.

Maddoc on
    I hear all the good BBQ is in Texas, and its my birthday (at the start of the month), so it seems I might give it a try next year over East.

Since I will have just moved to Austin, it is virtually foretold that I will be there.

Also I'll have more SE++ time in a sort of PLEASE HANG OUT WITH ME sense, because my traditional PAX crew can't take time off in January for various reasons.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    Since I will have just moved to Austin, it is virtually foretold that I will be there.

Also I'll have more SE++ time in a sort of PLEASE HANG OUT WITH ME sense, because my traditional PAX crew can't take time off in January for various reasons.

Oh cool yes more SE++ people in Texas please.

Also Austin is a rad place, you'll like it.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    On the downside, I didn't really get a chance to meet up with any SE folks, but on the upside I got to spend a few minutes talking to Greg Kasavin and find out he's a fan of my company! So that was pretty sweet.

Are you still with NIS? Did you happen to go to No Name seafood on sunday?

Haha umm...yes and yes. How much did you hear...!?

I think we were in the bathroom together.
    We're bathroom bros now

oh really? i don't remember anyone being in the bathroom when i went in, but who knows.

i was the smaller of the two white guys, if that helps

• JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Ugh it snowed last night. PAX East caught some good weather!

• JacksWastedLifeJacksWastedLife Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Well, snow this far into April is pretty rare. That said I was surprised to see this when I let the dogs out to pee this morning.

WP_20140416_002.jpg

JacksWastedLife on
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    monsterror wrote: »
    But San Antonio is kind of a dumb city, and Austin would have been better.

maybe next year? dunno, we definitely have infrastructure for convention, but so does SA.

WHAT

WHAT

!!

i will have to introduce you to my many rad coworkers, but particularly, the one who is doing her classroom observations at the moment.

lfchwLd.jpg