As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Transdimensional Brain Chip (webcomic)

ThorsbyThorsby Registered User regular
edited April 2014 in Artist's Corner
Hello, I’m the author of several webcomics, including Hitmenfor Destiny. My latest is called Transdimensional Brain Chip.

It will probably update Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

49ac69e6930b2ba63f8205b5bee480191455083745.png

Grifter on

• Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    I think your art def has a certain charm to it.

That being said, the word bubbles have a long way to go. First of, they're hard to read. So I stopped reading. That's not good.

Don't try to reinvent the wheel using spesific colors for certain characters. If your word bubbles are clear the reader won't need the extra indicators. The words are really small though. Also the comic seems long winded. Hard to say for sure since I scrolled through most of it, but chances are the wording could be more direct and to the point.

As for the art, color wise it seems kind of over saturated, so maybe reel that in some. Also, one of the biggest problems with comics such as these are the extreme repetitiveness of the same angle/perspective every panel. The reader will get bored, try mixing up the view some! Figure out which panels will benefit from a different viewpoint and maximize the impact of your comics. It might be harder to draw things from weird angles, but ultimately, you will be a better artist for it, and your readers will also benefit!

Cheers!

• Options
    TopknotTopknot Artist MichiganRegistered User regular
    I don't want to sound harsh, because gods know I'm not perfect, this seems rushed and sloppy for the sake of getting a story out. I would also have to concur with everything earthworm said.

For me though "Paint" art is going to be hit or WAAAY miss. If someone is doing it for the sake of being ironic and doing it well, sure I'd approve. But I don't feel like that's the case here, it just seems like you're literally trying to draw with paint, or vectors in PS.

Character design is wanting, and I would stick to a set color scheme. I look at a couple of these cells and you can tell that the colors were eye balled when you moved on to your next cell. If you're going to do something this "cartoony" you really need some consistency.

9b04a6miuijl.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback. The different colored word bubbles are for when characters are speaking from outside the panel.

• Options
    The comic is now complete, you can read the whole thing.