As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

!!! CLICK HERE TO ENLARGE YOUR WEBCOMIC THREAD !!!

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Was this comic really that difficult to follow? I thought it was a pretty decent setup, and much better than QC's normal sarcastic quip punchlines.

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Was this comic really that difficult to follow? I thought it was a pretty decent setup, and much better than QC's normal sarcastic quip punchlines.
    Nah, it was just time for the weekly shit on QC session

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Its just that it's open to interpretation. I'm interpreting it as her current action is affecting the group in the last panel. The others are interpreting it as an unseen past action by her is affecting group.

For all we know, she could have read imgur/reddit and done this:

RoyceSraphim on
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    She's back in her own apartment in the first half, so whatever she did happened before she left to go upstairs.

• POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    the stress caused hannelore to lose control over her appearance and reveal herself as what she's really been all along: yelling bird

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Nah, it was just time for the weekly shit on QC session

Honestly, I am not one to put down QC. I actually read it more regularly than other strips. It really was hard for me to follow until someone explained it, I'm not just trying to take the mick out of Jeph Jacques

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    sPdWaIb.png

their love can never be

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Awww snap, I knew that was gonna happen eventually.

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    most of vattu's story has been highly predictable

it's largely irrelevant though as the execution is excellent

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Do any animals aside from humans actually kiss?

Those dog things don't seem to have the proper shaped mouths for it.

• POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular

Those dog things don't seem to have the proper shaped mouths for it.
    wJ4uhIy.png

vQ77AtR.png
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    A dog mouth can do all sorts of things

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular

If it's a sexual act

dolphins will find a way to do it

• Daddy Two-CoatsDaddy Two-Coats Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »

Honestly, I am not one to put down QC. I actually read it more regularly than other strips. It really was hard for me to follow until someone explained it, I'm not just trying to take the mick out of Jeph Jacques

Yeah I wasn't trying to do that either, I just had literally no idea what was happening. I still don't get the joke unless there's a strip where this has happened before that I just missed and it's a running gag.

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    I think the QC strip works fine if you read the one that came before it first and also understand Hannelore's character a bit.
    NMBsmVv.png
    mRbSpDh.png

edited April 2014
    That's what I'm asking, does she often unleash giant screaming fits at people? I just don't remember that happening.

Daddy Two-Coats on
  • I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular

Yeah I wasn't trying to do that either, I just had literally no idea what was happening. I still don't get the joke unless there's a strip where this has happened before that I just missed and it's a running gag.

This is why I didn't get it either, "the blonde girl holds it in and then has a terrifying fit of rage" is not a running gag I was aware of. On the other hand they seem to hammer in constantly the idea that she has massive OCD and like, every touching her or talking too loudly sets her off and I was trying to figure out why it was funny that she just had a breakdown or something

I'm still on board with the massive, bone-shaking flatulence hypothesis

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    2014-04-15-garfbert.png
    2014-04-13-dilfield.png

I have no idea if this comic is NSFW in the archive so click with caution

http://pandyland.net

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind

This is why I didn't get it either, "the blonde girl holds it in and then has a terrifying fit of rage" is not a running gag I was aware of. On the other hand they seem to hammer in constantly the idea that she has massive OCD and like, every touching her or talking too loudly sets her off and I was trying to figure out why it was funny that she just had a breakdown or something
    sometimes the unexpected can be funny

vQ77AtR.png
    also it's just qc, dang

vQ77AtR.png
  • NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    QC: Jeeeeeez guys. It's not that hard. She is in an entirely different apartment in the bottom panels. She just left the other room. One guy is holding his ear in pain. What causes ear pain? Loud noises. Not farts.

Kill Six Billion Demons: It updated to tell us that the author is behind on his update schedule again. Soooooo annoying. I think this comic is gonna die if he doesn't simplify his art style so he's not spending 20 hours a page.

• djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    QC alt text implies that JJ also noticed the strangeness:
    "She yelled so hard Faye sobered up and Angus didnt need glasses anymore"

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Farts can be the cause of loud noises.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I cannot believe how much you homps are overthinking a fairly simple joke

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    okay I can't believe that someone that's been a member of these forums since 2006 would be surprised at anyone over analyzing a joke they didn't understand

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Truly, what is a fart if not the frustrated ululation of our netherest pit?

NotYou wrote: »
    What causes ear pain? Loud noises. Not farts.
    o-oh

i...i need to go to the doctor

vQ77AtR.png
    One time I smelled something so bad my eyes hurt, a fart might could maybe do that for ears

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    QC alt text implies that JJ also noticed the strangeness:
    "She yelled so hard Faye sobered up and Angus didnt need glasses anymore"

What threw me off was that she was sitting on the left last panel but everyone's recoiling from noise to their right

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    as the resident big qc fan i understood the joke immediately

even before the comic was posted i understood the joke

before our universe was violently brought to life i understood the joke

EzUAYcn.png
    crwth wrote: »
    as the resident big qc fan i understood the joke immediately

even before the comic was posted i understood the joke

before our universe was violently brought to life i understood the joke

It's me. I am the joke.

comic2-2622.png
    IMPORTANT NOTE: if you stopped reading at panel two you missed an upside to death in panel six, which may NOT be what you intended!!
    I rewrote this comic because it originally said "talking to party strangers on the regular" and I gotta admit, the phrase "party strangers" is SUPER-DUPER enticing
    if you ARE the last of your friends to die, then at least you get the treasure you all agreed would go to the survivor. so: no downsides!

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    most of vattu's story has been highly predictable

it's largely irrelevant though as the execution is excellent

Is she sucking on his nose?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Ah, the ol' classic human sacrifice switcheroo… just wait until the first time Sandra does it on purpose.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »
    I think the QC strip works fine if you read the one that came before it first and also understand Hannelore's character a bit.
    NMBsmVv.png
    mRbSpDh.png

It almost looks like she sprinted out of there in a hurry until I saw that his eye was closed, then it looks like trauma.

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    okay I can't believe that someone that's been a member of these forums since 2006 would be surprised at anyone over analyzing a joke they didn't understand
    Imagine if PBF was still updating.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I'm still on board with the massive, bone-shaking flatulence hypothesis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLpUVIxRS54

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »
    NMBsmVv.png
    mRbSpDh.png

It almost looks like she sprinted out of there in a hurry until I saw that his eye was closed, then it looks like trauma.

I find that the "blessed silence" title at the top of the comment helped my understanding of it.

Then again, here in Sweden we have a saying: "Taste is like a butt - split." Sometimes people aren't going to like the same things that you like, or even find them funny at all.

(Also I'm pretty sure that the exit to Marten and Faye's apartment is to the right of the first comic, meaning that she presumably went on her storming UP THE SHUT FUCK rampage whilst leaving the room.)

This discussion has been closed.