As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Iruka's Thread, Sketchbook Dumpin' since twenty ten Y'all.

• Options
    Arden CaneloArden Canelo Registered User regular
    gosh, Iruka, stop filling up my inspiration folder. right click, save all the things. im glad i come to this forum branch sometimes, its threads like this.

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2017
    Thanks for the compliments!
    s4rr4pvxskqm.jpg
    xcr3g0ges1w5.jpg

Iruka on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    composition on that last panel is great.

• Options
    Just realized I forgot the tails on all the bubbles on that page, whoops.

Thanks Tynic!

• Options
    ToasticusToasticus yeah YEAHRegistered User regular
    Great stuff, I love her expression in the second-to-last panel!

One thing that stuck out to me is the repetition of the word "really" seemed a little awkward. Maybe start off with something like "it's fine" instead of "fine really"?

• Options
    mageormikemageormike Registered User regular
    Love all the facial expressions and the variety of composition in the panels, especially the 3rd-to-last and final ones :)
    Also the sitting poses look really natural.

• Options
    Tosticus, I feel you on the really, Sometimes you stop hearing things in your head when you look at them long enough. I'll switch them out.

• Options
    I finally got this up on tumblr in a way that worked: http://but-in-reality.tumblr.com/tagged/comic/chrono

I wanted to keep it over there so its easy to share the pages to my main blog while not having to share them all.

• Options
    kl5uosd71n8p.jpg
    Cleaned this up

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    houndstooth....teehee

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Back to the comic. Going to try and do a few pages this week. I'm going to end up needing to work on all the pages after I'm kinda done to make sure everything is consistent, so I think I may need to try and produce pages faster so that I can have all 30 near done, and then try and spruce them up before I print it.
    rk2j218pfsrd.jpg

Iruka on
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    6p6clplqrrzs.jpg

Iruka on
  • Options
    jimmyblevinsjimmyblevins Sir Penny ArcadeRegistered User regular
    You like missing eyes.

I think your comic has a melancholy and subdued mood, and the main character feels trapped and overwhelmed. I wasn't really sure in the
    first part of the conversation at the restaurant if the duck girl was interested in what he was saying or not, since she was using her computer while he was talking to her and I interpret that kind of thing as people not really paying attention, though later on I think she did care.

It seems to me that you also like tribal sorts of things too.

• Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    Comic looks really great. If you can keep things as consistently swanky as you are, youll be raking in the bucksss.

• Options
    ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    I have a silly question. Did you pick blue for a reason? It fits the art well, just curious.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    I don't think a warmer color would have fit the theme, and I like the spectrum I can get while still having the thing read as monochromatic (though, technically it isn't)

@jimmyblevins Thanks for the thoughts. It always interesting what people catch about your work, and what they read into.

@earthwormadam‌ Not sure about bucks, but it will give me some confidence in comic making.

Iruka on
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    nlfeff20exba.jpg

Iruka on
  • Options
    SMYSMY Cartoonist, Freelancer, & Coffee Junkie Blub blub blubRegistered User new member
    I am enjoying how your semi-monochromatic comic is instilling a sense of ennui into it. But I was wondering about that close-up panel with the calls listing, panel 3. Not having the indication of his hand holding the phone throws me off slightly, mainly due to the fact that the prior panel shows the contrast between his fur and the phone. Just seems like a minor inconsistency, which is easy to remedy of course. But loving this concept overall.

• Options
    Thanks, I can switch up the color there. Hes missing his teeth, so I need to edit it anyway.

• Options
    SMYSMY Cartoonist, Freelancer, & Coffee Junkie Blub blub blubRegistered User new member
    Nice! I am loving it overall. Looking forward to more pages. :smile:

• Options
  • Options
    lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    This bird thing and that goat thing are both really really awesome. It would be cool to see a video of your process on things like those.

• Options
    Thanks lyrium!

I suppose I could try to livestream or something, I prefer the low key Google hangout, but that does not record the screen capture. Maybe ill just see if my new computer can handle capture software.

But, I can at least make gifs out of the separate layers, its actually pretty accurate to my build up process

• Options
    lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    That is very helpful, Iruka. Thanks for taking the time to make those!

• Options
    w5ucubl97y33.jpg
    Finished that dude.

Started on these:
    vdji9szv1ktm.jpg
    en8s7q9dg8qv.jpg
    5iqcad9oqd3q.jpg

• Options
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    that is the perfect @rfilyaw‌

• Options
    edited July 2014
    I was going to do antics, but I guess that shit fell off the internet? It hasn't updated in ages. I want to do 9 of them, at least, Then I'll tumblr them.

Ronnie may need a contrast adjustment. I may also do Vattu instead of rice boy.

Iruka on
  • Options
    someone from Bad Machinery?

ooh, ooh! do Moe! For old times' sake. And for those lips.

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    Iruka wrote: »
    vdji9szv1ktm.jpg

Oh my gosh, it's beautiful!

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    May I tweet it?

• Options
    I was going to do antics, but I guess that shit fell off the internet? It hasn't updated in ages. I want to do 9 of them, at least, Then I'll tumblr them.

Ronnie may need a contrast adjustment. I may also do Vattu instead of rice boy.

ahh sorry about 3 posts all of a sudden

I don't know what happened to Fletcher. To be honest, a few of us are a bit worried! We've tried contacting him and everything

• Options
    @rfilyaw‌ Yeah man! Let me just tumblr it so its out there.

That's too bad about Fletcher, I hope hes alright.... Its weird when people drop off the internet without a trace. Maybe it wasn't a crazy bad thing and he just needed a break.

Right now I'm thinking for the next ones:

Antcomic
    Moe
    AlphaFlag
    Next town Over
    Jail Break or problem sleuth.

• Options
    @rfilyaw‌ thanks for the tweet, dude. I'm super bad at twitter, I'm trying to be slightly more active though.

• Options
    @rfilyaw‌ thanks for the tweet, dude. I'm super bad at twitter, I'm trying to be slightly more active though.

As am I! Some days I'll just stare at twitter thinking "Should I tweet something?" and then I worry everyone will forget I exist

• Options
    edited February 2017
    more webcomics
    hd7v7teh0oxf.jpg

icnbewh4cbxh.jpg

and from the doodle thread
    130eio5cj9p4.png

Iruka on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    YES MOE