As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

!!! CLICK HERE TO ENLARGE YOUR WEBCOMIC THREAD !!!

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    I swear, every time Jeph draws Hannelore, she gets incrementally closer to basically being 2D Hannah Spearitt.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Humour, like a frog, can be dissected but dies in the process

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Opinions are like buttholes. Everyone's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Don't dissect live frogs unless you really need to

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    tumblr_n43snt5d7N1qha9kbo1_1280.png

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    Wow. That man is freakin DESTROYED

• Options
    maritzacmaritzac Registered User regular
    Yeah... sorry. It's not that hard to understand what happened, but it's not that obvious, either.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Questionable Content: A comic of subtlety

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Also if someone freaking screamed in my face I'd be pretty upset no matter what bullshit they're spewing at the top of their lungs

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I'm upset that somebody is making comics out of my home movies

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    maritzac wrote: »
    Yeah... sorry. It's not that hard to understand what happened, but it's not that obvious, either.

I don't think we should apologize for not getting a joke. I'm more amazed that people actually seemed OFFENDED by the fact some didn't understand it.

• Options
    i actually think you should apologize

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

I actually think you should never stop apologising...

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    tumblr_n43snt5d7N1qha9kbo1_1280.png
    oh, this is an edit of something, isn't it

I kept looking at it and thinking

why would someone make this?

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    looks like an edit of zen pencils

so the original probably isn't worth seeking out

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »

I actually think you should never stop apologising...

oWDiViu.png

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    looks like an edit of zen pencils

so the original probably isn't worth seeking out

From the looks of it, it's a Zen Pencils based on a slam poem a teacher once did about teaching

I remember a teacher showing the video of the poem to us one day in class

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    2014-04-14-CSIG128.jpg
    2014-04-15-CSIG129.jpg

Chester 5000 XYV is a hella nsfw comic about robots and machinery and punching nerds. But seriously, super, super nsfw.

LET ME TELL YOU WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS ROBOT ARM DESIGN

• Options
    ok

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    most everything, really

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    5PzuUmP.jpg

pASHzAI.jpg

he's very passionate

about invader zim fanfic

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    LET ME TELL YOU WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS ROBOT ARM DESIGN

Now before you get upset, the fingers might also turn into dildos, thus negating any perceived flaw in the design

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    101 wrote: »
    93.jpg

Bonus update!

So are these things ferries or cruise ships?

Ferries built like cruise ships. Usually full of pensioners. Bingo is near ubiquitous.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I can't even tell if that zen pencils is supposed to be pro or anti teacher

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    As I understand it, the guy behind Zen Pencils has a habit of sometimes not quite getting the message of the quote he's making a comic out of.

A guy screaming at some other dude over a dinner table seems like a very weird visual to pair up with that speech.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    5PzuUmP.jpg

pASHzAI.jpg

he's very passionate

about invader zim fanfic

"Six figures lol"

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    As I understand it, the guy behind Zen Pencils has a habit of somethings not quite getting the message of the quote he's making a comic out of.

A guy screaming at some other dude over a dinner table seems like a very weird visual to pair up with that speech.

I mean, I guess that's supposed to be literally the context of that speech

But the way it's drawn makes the teacher look unstable and crazy instead of righteously angry

• Options
    In general it tends to seem like the Zen Pencils dude believes that being Right excuses you of being an asshole

His comics tend to be like half, "Hey, treat people nicely!" and half, "Not like those OTHER people, they're completely BAD and have nothing but HATE and must be destroyed through the power of ART, fuck them!"

It's just really childish and tends to not understand the point of the quotes or the lives of the people speaking them

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    What really amazes me is how quickly everyone got fed up with ZenPencils for its ham handedness and found the premise tired, and meanwhile every time there's a new Breaking Cat News I am CONVINCED that's going to be the one where the joke has run its course and yet there I am still finding it DELIGHTFUL

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    The problems with Zen Pencils is it takes something good and makes it terrible through poor understanding of what is being said

Breaking News Cats are cats in cute clothes telling me the news why would this ever get old lets put real cats on the news

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Oh man, I had forgotten it was zen pencils that did the Hayao Miyazaki piloting a mech on the side of True Art

Like dude, how can you appropriate Miyazaki as your mouthpiece in one comic, and then shortly afterwards show a comic strip where you're supposed to emphasize with the dude standing on the dinner table and screaming a dude into a wreck in the corner of a panel?

Like I can't even tell who the sympathetic figure there is supposed to be, because someone who's acting like a psycho at his dinner table probably is actually a shit teacher, no matter how great he thinks he is. I think most people have probably had one of those horrible yet self-satisfied teachers before! But no, apparently it's supposed to be some sort of righteous beatdown of a dinner guest.

And yet Zen Pencils dude wants to act like him and Miyazaki are on the same team, the pacifist who doesn't even like putting antagonists into his story?

Like dang dude, get some self-awareness

• Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    statler on
    qy85xdkddou7.png
  • Options
    -begin mean mode-
    my theory is that the guy has a poor grasp of how to convey ideas through comics

what you thought I'd finish mean mode?

nope

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    jerkcity5557.gif

• Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    yo fuck cancer

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    What really amazes me is how quickly everyone got fed up with ZenPencils for its ham handedness and found the premise tired, and meanwhile every time there's a new Breaking Cat News I am CONVINCED that's going to be the one where the joke has run its course and yet there I am still finding it DELIGHTFUL

Also, Breaking Cat News is just a joke twice a week. Spaced out properly it won't get old for a while. If it were a daily strip it might be a little much, and an archive binge might sour you on the concept if there were more than fifty strips as opposed to the 12 that currently exist. But as it is, I have no problem spending a few minutes twice a week with stuff like this:

Breaking-Cat-News-031.jpg

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    2684.png

wY6K6Jb.gif
This discussion has been closed.