As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2015 Save the Date

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
It's been on the BCEC calendar for awhile now, but just a reminder, East 2015 dates appear to be March 6-8 2015.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Estimated Attendees: 00

8->

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    RenneesmeRenneesme Registered User regular
    Thanks, Zerzhul! Already booked the hotel in preparation :)

3DS FC: 4382-3356-7103
  • Options
    Until the OnPeak stuff hits, I always make sure things are refundable, but I have never seen dates on the convention center calendar move for pax.

• Options
    Draco3269Draco3269 Registered User regular
    Wow its early next year, glad to have the dates can try and fine cheap room rental rates

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Until the OnPeak stuff hits, I always make sure things are refundable, but I have never seen dates on the convention center calendar move for pax.
    Their schedule is super packed, so barring a natural disaster or something I think you're safe.

Of course, better safe than sorry.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Oh for sure! I chose one that is refundable for things such as the date moving or ::gasp:: they sell out before I can get a ticket

• Options
    RevBuddyLoveRevBuddyLove Ibiza, SpainRegistered User regular
    Just got off of the phone with the Westin and they say that the hotel is ENTIRELY BOOKED already. Crazy. I just got home.

• Options
    KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    Just got off of the phone with the Westin and they say that the hotel is ENTIRELY BOOKED already. Crazy. I just got home.
    That would be OnPeak reserving the block for PAX.

JfqWFk8.png
  • Options
    ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Blah. Back into a winter month...

• Options
    So what you're saying is to NOT wear my Lara Croft short shorts next year?

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Man, they moved it a month earlier? And the same week as GDC?

Okay, sure.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    East has always bounced around a bit, due to the timeframe being so packed full of other events.

• Options
    GeekyPanda404GeekyPanda404 The Geeky Panda ConnecticutRegistered User regular
    Booked my hotel, work ruined my vacation plans this year so next year I aim to fix that.

mYPBAfl.jpg
  • Options
    miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    As always very excited. Not going to book a hotel yet (I'll wait for OnPeak since I have no ideas if I'll be going up with others) but as usual I am planning my attendance. Can't wait!

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    KumaKuma Registered User regular
    So its during spring break, snow season, and the weekend before St Pats. Itll be fun to see how this turns out

f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    PurpleSkyPurpleSky Registered User regular
    How are you guys able to book hotel so early? When I call they say they can't do it since its too early in advance?

• Options
    zealezeale Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Edit: wrong thread!

zeale on
    dgiab0m7h15x.png

• Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    zeale how the hell you find a hotel that close for that cheap a night.

• Options
    upstateny-danupstateny-dan Registered User regular
    Awesome, may be cold in early march... well WILL be cold but can't wait. Booked a room :) Just have to be sure I get a badge lol

• Options
    VGVideoGalaxyVGVideoGalaxy Northern VirginiaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    And on the calender this goes. Already can't wait! This should also be a good PAX for parties since I turn 21 soon!

VGVideoGalaxy on
  • Options
    Paxman90Paxman90 Registered User regular
    10 days before my birthday...nice!

• Options
    zealezeale Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    rascrush wrote: »
    zeale how the hell you find a hotel that close for that cheap a night.

I meant to post that in a different PAX South thread. For my East excursion I ended up paying $140/night at the Hyatt on the water by the airport. Close in proximity but took about 20 minutes of transit riding to get to the event!

For South (which is the price I mentioned before I deleted it) I just booked the Hampton inn.

dgiab0m7h15x.png

• Options
    UncleangryUncleangry ACAM Volunteer Registered User regular
    Bummer, we really enjoyed the warmer weather this year. Also, I think it helped alleviate the spread of cold and flu season which is pretty active in March. Well, I hope to see everyone next year in the ACAM room in 2015.

The American Classic Arcade Museum Inc./, is a 501c3 non-profit corporation registered with the State of New Hampshire, which has been established to promote and preserve the history of coin-operated arcade games.
  • Options
    GreenizdabestGreenizdabest Southeast CT - USARegistered User regular
    Just as a heads up, Hotels.com has some lower-than-convention rates (or equal to) already for hotels in the area.

• Options
    mahshahmahshah Registered User regular
    Just as a heads up, Hotels.com has some lower-than-convention rates (or equal to) already for hotels in the area.

Keep in mind though the cancellation policy. "Refundable" might mean you still get charged for one night if you cancel (e.g. the Westin is like this right now).

• Options
    Yea... I got one off of expedia that has a free cancellation policy!

• Options
    KjeldorKjeldor Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I have to wonder with PAX South happening from Jan 23-25 and GDC happening from March 2-6, how that will affect exhibitor attendance at East next year.

Early march also means that it will likely be pretty cold in Boston, so with South about 1 1/2 months earlier, for someone who is in Ohio, I'd probably opt for Texas in January over Boston in March...so likewise, I wonder how the dates will affect overall attendance.

• Options
    My guess is that they're hoping it will split the crowd some. However, I still think East will have no issues selling out (I'll be going to all 3 US paxes most likely).

• Options
    XX55XXXX55XX Registered User regular
    My guess is that they're hoping it will split the crowd some. However, I still think East will have no issues selling out (I'll be going to all 3 US paxes most likely).

Yeah. Met some Texans at the con over the weekend briefly and they mentioned that they'll likely try to save money and do only PAX South in the future. Which means that East could be a little less crowded next year (I hope!)

• Options
    OcelottOcelott Registered User regular
    I would love the Westin but I refuse to pay those prices...As long as the hotel is close I am ok

• Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Kuma wrote: »
    So its during spring break, snow season, and the weekend before St Pats. Itll be fun to see how this turns out

It snowed here today...Spring is not guaranteed to be snow free. Either way I'm going, that's if I can manage to get tickets.

• Options
    agreatrandomagreatrandom Wizard Outside BostonRegistered User regular
    yes_napoleon_dynamite.gif

5rOQuX4.png

Design Wizard, Pizza Enthusiast, Craft Beer Extraordinare from MA
  • Options
    Josh5890Josh5890 ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Kjeldor wrote: »
    I have to wonder with PAX South happening from Jan 23-25 and GDC happening from March 2-6, how that will affect exhibitor attendance at East next year.

I keep wondering how developers will work out South and East being close together. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

This space for rent
  • Options
    RelativioxRelativiox Halo Nerd Forerunner shield world OnyxRegistered User regular
    (I'll be going to all 3 US paxes most likely).
    Hopefully me too!

iris_forumsig.gif
  • Options
    LordBraska1999LordBraska1999 Bahston, MARegistered User regular
    Relativiox wrote: »
    (I'll be going to all 3 US paxes most likely).
    Hopefully me too!

Ah a fellow Iris nerd! I also participated LOL just wanted to throw that in there LOL

• Options
    TonkafriendTonkafriend Registered User regular
    ....and the good news is that it's less than a year away! Thanks for the heads up!

• Options
    UnnDunnUnnDunn New York, NYRegistered User regular
    Josh5890 wrote: »
    Kjeldor wrote: »

I keep wondering how developers will work out South and East being close together. Maybe I'm just paranoid.
    Probably just take the same booths with the same demos to both South and East.

• Options
    Josh5890Josh5890 ChicagoRegistered User regular
    UnnDunn wrote: »

Probably just take the same booths with the same demos to both South and East.

I hope that is the case since I would obviously only go to one of them.

This space for rent
  • Options
    WolfieeWolfiee Web/Graphic Designer and Illustrator MARegistered User regular
    > Everyone comments about how awesome it was to have in April
    > Books it for March

-____-

On the bright side, my birthday is the 5th so at least I can make a fun birthday weekend out of it.

0CsmwYt.jpg
    Badges [ ] Hotel [ ] Complete Pixelist.net [x] Excitement [x]
  • Options
    The dates are booked years and years in advance, and East has always bounced around the calendar a bit because of how tight the schedule of events is that time of year.

This discussion has been closed.