As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2014 Information & FAQ. READ THIS FIRST THEN ASK QUESTIONS HERE.

1262728293032»

• Options
    DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Lack there of ? There are an equal number of Men's and Women's restrooms. There are considerably less females at the convention. With the exception of the floor, they are all right next to each other. On the floor they are about 100 yards apart women toward front, men toward back. If you are pissed....go to the restroom :)

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    cocowoushi wrote: »
    So what the heck exactly happened with the (lack there of) Women Bathrooms this year at the BCEC?

Myself, my friends, and just about every woman gamer I talked to were quite pissed about this.
    And rightfully so. I'm kind of shocked by that as well.

I think the rational behind this was that the majority of the line for the men's rooms are for stalls. Given the assumption of male-to-female ratio, they may have opted to convert a couple of women's bathrooms into men's stall-only bathroom. I stress the word assumption.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    From what I heard, the bathroom thing was a convention center decision mandated by the MCCA. Not saying that makes it good, but out of pax control.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Actually the bathroom thing was mandated by the city. Because Boston is a silly place. Khoo tried to change them into gender neutral bathrooms but the city wasn't having it.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    cocowoushicocowoushi Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Dolarrah wrote: »
    Lack there of ? There are an equal number of Men's and Women's restrooms. There are considerably less females at the convention. With the exception of the floor, they are all right next to each other. On the floor they are about 100 yards apart women toward front, men toward back. If you are pissed....go to the restroom :)

I'm not sure how many PAX you have been to at the BCEC, but if you have been there last year - or any year previously - you would know that the bathrooms have changed. Just because you are not aware of it because it doesn't concern you doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

There have been Women's as well as Men/Women bathrooms that have been converted to purely men's bathroom this year. Regardless of the ratio of men to women attendance, this is quite ridiculous to make half your attendance go further or not be able to find facilities. It does NOT leave a good impression.

I don't blame this decision on PAX at all - I believe they are smarter than that for sure - I was just curious why the BCEC/MCCA thought this was a smart choice.

cocowoushi on
  • Options
    WolfieeWolfiee Web/Graphic Designer and Illustrator MARegistered User regular
    Can anyone tell me what are in the swag bags?

0CsmwYt.jpg
    Badges [ ] Hotel [ ] Complete Pixelist.net [x] Excitement [x]
  • Options
    DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    cocowoushi wrote: »
    Dolarrah wrote: »

I'm not sure how many PAX you have been to at the BCEC, but if you have been there last year - or any year previously - you would know that the bathrooms have changed. Just because you are not aware of it because it doesn't concern you doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

There have been Women's as well as Men/Women bathrooms that have been converted to purely men's bathroom this year. Regardless of the ratio of men to women attendance, this is quite ridiculous to make half your attendance go further or not be able to find facilities. It does NOT leave a good impression.

I don't blame this decision on PAX at all - I believe they are smarter than that for sure - I was just curious why the BCEC/MCCA thought this was a smart choice.

I was not aware of it, I was there most of Friday with my wife who apparently had an infatuation with the woman's bathrooms because she went to 6 different ones (could not use the same one twice), dragging me along and I did not see one line for the ladies room other then the one at the main enterance on the left hand side, which had a ton of people waiting. We walked to the one just around the corner and it was empty, she was out quicker then me.. there was a small line for men's urinals.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    She's out quicker sure, but she has farther to walk to find one. Boston fucked up.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    PurpleSkyPurpleSky Registered User regular
    Well at the end of PAX Prime last year the dates for PAX 2014 seemed to be mentioned really soon (at least unofficially suggested) Think the same will happen for PAX East 2015? Any ideas? That's one thing I wish PAX would start adopting, GDC has the dates for the next convention officially posted at the convention itself (March 2nd 2015)

• Options
    I answered this in your other spot, but the dates for East 2015 have been known for awhile now. They're on the BCEC calendar. March 6-8 2015.

• Options
    heavywepsguyheavywepsguy Registered User new member
    I've seen and heard streamers/acquaintances go to PAX East recently, and come back with BOATLOADS of skin codes. It makes me really want to go to PAX (Prime, East, etc) the next time it comes around; I've never gone before. What exactly do you have to do to get so many skin codes from PAX? How does the skin code giving process work at PAX? Thanks!

• Options
    I've seen and heard streamers/acquaintances go to PAX East recently, and come back with BOATLOADS of skin codes. It makes me really want to go to PAX (Prime, East, etc) the next time it comes around; I've never gone before. What exactly do you have to do to get so many skin codes from PAX? How does the skin code giving process work at PAX? Thanks!
    The normal way is that you go to the booth that is giving them out and ask for them. Some terrible people take them from multiple pax swag bags that should go to other people. People that are doing an internet show or something can probably go up to a booth and say "hey I want to do a giveaway on my stream can I have some codes" and get them.

• Options
    heavywepsguyheavywepsguy Registered User new member
    edited April 2014
    zerzhul wrote: »
    The normal way is that you go to the booth that is giving them out and ask for them. Some terrible people take them from multiple pax swag bags that should go to other people. People that are doing an internet show or something can probably go up to a booth and say
    "hey I want to do a giveaway on my stream can I have some codes" and get them.

I see. So did only one booth give out swag bags with skin codes, or were there multiple, and did they give bags on multiple days? How exactly would people take multiple bags without being caught? I guess they just lie or something, or re-queue in line? Given how hot LoL is these days and how long the lines would be, re-queueing seems unlikely?

heavywepsguy on
  • Options
    zerzhul wrote: »
    The normal way is that you go to the booth that is giving them out and ask for them. Some terrible people take them from multiple pax swag bags that should go to other people. People that are doing an internet show or something can probably go up to a booth and say
    "hey I want to do a giveaway on my stream can I have some codes" and get them.

I see. So did only one booth give out swag bags with skin codes, or were there multiple, and did they give bags on multiple days? How exactly would people take multiple bags without being caught? I guess they just lie or something, or re-queue in line? Given how hot LoL is these days and how long the lines would be, re-queueing seems unlikely?
    There's a "general" swag bag that pax gives out to attendees, and they give some out on each day. People would either just take multiples or re-queue. As far as if a booth is giving away codes, there's not really a limit on them usually and it's less of a problem. If you want details on a particular company and their practices for handing out codes, you'll have to contact them direct :)

• Options
    RevGutterRevGutter Registered User regular
    What you will find in the PAX swag bag is usually a mini deck of magic cards, some flyers and promotional material that may have skin or game keys, and another goodie here and there like the pwnmeal packs from this year.

Going up to certain booths and just asking will get you stuff too, Riot usually has a few staff giving out skins. There's also the occasional stuff from enforcers at the longer line panels. The Cards Against Humanity panel had an E handing out pwnmeal packs for answering trivia questions or doing "stupid human tricks".

Then the other way streamers may be getting all this stuff to give away is same way I got it for my site's raffles; there were 5 of us. I'm the only one who plays LoL so the other 4 people tossed their codes in the pot. Same deal for Dawngate. We don't all need a set of the pwnmeal cards so whatever was left after trading is a give away. The wife and I were both at the CAH panel and don't need 2 sets of the panel cards, hey that's another give away.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Wait wait wait... people re-queue for the swag bags? Ah man... I always knew that society was going down hill, but I thought PAX was above that. Saddened, I am.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.